Fantastic Poppy Display Vs Pompey | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fantastic Poppy Display Vs Pompey

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
The PA system was embarrassing, it started to go against Fylde (if I remember correctly), and it's gotten worse. Needs sorting asap. Not acceptable for a professionally football club.

Feb 9, 2011
Cobi Budge.":3t802jyi said:
I thought it was all really fantastic, a moving reading and minutes silence.

The only thing that let it down a bit was the unplanned pointless national anthem which was largely sung over by both sets of fans while the players were already running around, I think the stadium announcer was the person "singing" it appallingly, rather embarrassing, saw plenty of tweets about it.from those watching on sky as well.

how do you know it was unplanned they guy has balls to do that shame the crowd didn't join in still we cant have it all yoof of today eh!!! too many lack respect the day deserved, armed forces day and you think they weren't planning to sing the "pointless" national anthem

C

Cobi Budge.

That's not what I'm saying and you know it.

I would be happy to sing the national anthem, if it were done properly, the players remain standing in a line, the music, an actual announcement such as "please stand for the national anthem".

Instead, the players were already warming up and doing huddles, the fans had begun singing, the armed services representatives had left the field, and suddenly I heard some bloke blurting out the national anthem almost as if a fan had got hold of the mic.

Anyway, apart from that, everything pre match was excellent.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep agree with Mr Grumpy. Gary's a Pasoti'ite and it took some balls to do what he was asked to do.

The fans didn't hear it at first, hence the fans from both ends singing over it but that wasn't Gary's fault.

Let's see you get on the pitch and do something Cobi.

Feb 9, 2011
Cobi Budge.":1noetzrv said:

I would be happy to sing the national anthem, if it were done properly, the players remain standing in a line, the music, an actual announcement such as "please stand for the national anthem".

Instead, the players were already warming up and doing huddles, the fans had begun singing, the armed services representatives had left the field, and suddenly I heard some bloke blurting out the national anthem almost as if a fan had got hold of the mic.

So what are you saying if what you said is not what your saying :facepalm:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Cobi Budge.":3hk9v3ed said:

I sang it from start to finish, to be quite honest I didn't care who was leading it nor how many people were singing around me, I could have been the only one in block 2 signing it for all I know.

It shouldn't have mattered who had the mic, if the fans in the ground did their bit he wouldn't have been heard over 10,000 other voices anyway, shame on you if you didn't join in and help someone out who you thought didn't have the best voice.

C

Cobi Budge.

I did join in with every word.

I just think if you are going to sing the national anthem, organize it properly so it doesn't look tacky, make it look excellent for the camera's, instead, it seemed to make a lot of people laugh & cringe. I was in no way attacking the individual.

Feb 9, 2011
Cobi Budge.":1gcyomn4 said:
I did join in with every word.

I just think if you are going to sing the national anthem, organize it properly so it doesn't look tacky, make it look excellent for the camera's, instead, it seemed to make a lot of people laugh & cringe. I was in no way attacking the individual.

Cobi Budge.":1gcyomn4 said:
I thought it was all really fantastic, a moving reading and minutes silence.

The only thing that let it down a bit was the unplanned pointless national anthem which was largely sung over by both sets of fans while the players were already running around, I think the stadium announcer was the person "singing" it appallingly, rather embarrassing, saw plenty of tweets about it.from those watching on sky as well.

so this is not attacking the individual :facepalm:

C

Cobi Budge.

No. It's hardly his fault if he was asked to sing it. I'm not going to pretend it was sung beautifully though.

A minor thing on a great day. Moving on.

Jul 29, 2010
I agree with Cobi, didn't need someone on the mic. other than to ask people to stand up. Having a band in the middle means everyone, in whichever stand they were in, would pick up the timing and pace of it.

Likewise, didn't spoil the day for anyone, just could have been better. But then it wouldn't be Argyle if it wasn't slightly amateurish.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I think Argyle are taking an unfair knock here. The ref bringing the teams out late put everything behind and Sky had a schedule to keep to. They had a guy on the pitch telling them to get a move on. If the ref had brought the teams out on time the anthem would have been sung 3 minutes earlier while the players were still lined up and not when the crowd were in voice for the start of the match.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Ollieargyle9":251o48q1 said:
Cobi Budge.":251o48q1 said:

I sang it from start to finish, to be quite honest I didn't care who was leading it nor how many people were singing around me, I could have been the only one in block 2 signing it for all I know.

It shouldn't have mattered who had the mic, if the fans in the ground did their bit he wouldn't have been heard over 10,000 other voices anyway, shame on you if you didn't join in and help someone out who you thought didn't have the best voice.
I was singing it in Block 1 Ollie :thumbs:

Apr 22, 2013
Keepitgreen":ro4c0zib said:
I think Argyle are taking an unfair knock here. The ref bringing the teams out late put everything behind and Sky had a schedule to keep to. They had a guy on the pitch telling them to get a move on. If the ref had brought the teams out on time the anthem would have been sung 3 minutes earlier while the players were still lined up and not when the crowd were in voice for the start of the match.

This ++
The National Anthem and all other pre match activities were planned in great detail by all concerned. Sky tried to change the timings on the morning of the match despite having been told of the plan well in advance. The bottom line is that the ref was late (iaw the plan) in bringing the teams out, so everything got condensed. It is an interesting point really, was it the club's gig or SKY's. Whilst respecting the amount of money that SKY pay for these events they came to the match 5 mins before kick off and left almost bang on full time. SKY became an added (but welcome) pressure for all those involved in the event; but, as the whole event was planned before SKY showed any interest in televising the match all the pre match activity would have happened anyway- we might just have kicked off a few minutes later.