Fantastic Poppy Display Vs Pompey | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fantastic Poppy Display Vs Pompey

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
There's a lot of experts on here Mr Green.

You and David Tall did a wonderful job and it was appreciated by 99% of all who witnessed it.

You deserve (another) medal mate.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Apr 22, 2013
Thanks Ian- there is no way we can please all of the people all of the time etc, etc.

Dec 3, 2005
It appeared to me that the Ref brought the teams onto the pitch later then required, he started the match and the RM Band were still over in the corner of the pitch being dismissed. I know the Ref will be under pressure from SKY to start the match on time, he should therefore have come on the pitch earlier to allow time for the programme of events.

Plus the damn sound system/microphones need some desperate work on them.

Well done to the organisers of the Poppy's and to the man singing the National Anthem, that took some nerve, shame the Ref and Players didn't seem to know about it.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
IJN":rkxvvso1 said:

You and David Tall did a wonderful job and it was appreciated by 99% of all who witnessed it.

:clap:

Mar 9, 2011
Steve and I want to say a huge “Thank you” to the following people involved in the Tribute …

To our club - for giving us permission to allow the Tribute to take place, on what was such a big occasion.

To Portsmouth FC and their Supporters Trust for their help in ensuring their fans heard about the plans of the Tribute, by various social media, to help make it a success on the day – and credit to all of their fans for taking part in this.

To the Portsmouth fans who volunteered to hold the banners – just a real shame to hear that some of our fans saw fit to abuse them on their way back to the Barn Park end, after they respectfully joined in with the remembrance ceremony – but on the reverse of this - huge respect for the Argyle fans who went up to them and thanked them! Nice touch!

To Lyndhurstgreen and his Naval Personnel :nworthy: – who, when asked just a week beforehand, if he could organise some Naval Personnel to hold one of the banners, immediately sorted this out for us - and for his advice along the way.

And last of all, but by no means least, to the Green Army – for playing your part in this on the day. :clap:

Great team work all round by those involved with this and quite an emotional moment when it all came into action!!

The band was fantastic to see and hear and a great job was done by Paul / AFT for organising the various activities outside Home Park / the Life Centre and for organising the half time Penalty shoot-out.

Best part of the day …. everything from start to finish … and 3-0! Get in Argyle!! :scarf:

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
IJN":3bc58tkb said:

Spot on Ian

I thought it was fantastic, a few guys around me had tears in their eyes.

Well done to all concerened.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Zactly. The bloke next to me (Marty) started to blub. :wave:

Apr 22, 2013
Been away for a day or two, but just to set the record straight, all the credit for the amazing poppy display and the banners should go to Sue and her team. Although I know she does it out of dedication to the club it entailed endless hours of work, a huge amount of stress, and lots of belief.

Lots of thanks also to Paul and the AFT for his boundless enthusiasm.

Because of everyone's hard work David Tall's and my role was made easy and ended up as merely that of conductors coordinating a very accomplished orchestra.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agreed, Steve Riggs who is the joint planner with Sue and Paul Bartolini off the AFT always work tirelessly in the background on such events.