Final league one table as the bookies currently see it | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Final league one table as the bookies currently see it

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Looks a strong league to me, everyone who has gone up in the last three years have stayed up, Burton promoted again,id be happy just staying up. ive money on promotion but I think I'm kidding myself.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
This looks like a very strong league one this season DA's words not mine... Argyle will do well to stay up.....bookies in general get it right,else they wouldn't be in business..

Jul 14, 2008
Teams going up from League 2 very rarely struggle. We will be mid table comfortably. Bookies know nothing about the lower leagues and the odds are based on bets received - hence Portsmouth being third in their predictions

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Quite correct. Bookies odds are a reflection on the amount of money placed on a team to get promotion,or a horse to win a race.Apart from Ken Beale,bless, not many are putting money where their PASOTI mouth is in expecting Argyle to get promoted.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
samjones":74kh4u4u said:
The bookies are rarely wrong so reality about how tough a season it could be will set in soon.

If you thought results at home were poor last year god help us this season. I certainly think we will lose more than we win although I'm hoping we don't dance with relegation all season.
16th will do nicely

Our results at home weren't poor though.

Jul 14, 2008
oddball":e4994k1s said:
Quite correct. Bookies odds are a reflection on the amount of money placed on a team to get promotion,or a horse to win a race.Apart from Ken Beale,bless, not many are putting money where their PASOTI mouth is in expecting Argyle to get promoted.

Agreed. But in my view you would be equally mad to put money on Argyle going down. We will be fine. Mid table this season and then push on towards the play offs next season

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
They sure do know nothing, like having Sheff U and Portsmouth as favourites last season, the dumbies.
And find a bookie who didn't clean up overall on Lie-ster winning the EPL.

Adams' comments on it being a strong league are inconsequential aren't they: even if a manager with some actual L1 experience and of a potential auto-promo challenger, what son of a gun would be dumb enough to call the league weak!

As for most L2 teams not struggling, I'd read that as most promoted teams having a shot of sufficient energy to openly address their weaknesses and focus on correcting them; which must in theory be somewhat more difficult under the cloud of a previous poor season.

Aren't Argyle weaknesses, last season and upcoming, a lack of capable personnel in front line attack, and absence of successful plan B in attack at home to get on the score sheet when plan A's been nullified? Two inclusive items.

Some width has been added in midfield, but has the attack been strengthened sufficiently, to sit back and assume L1 relegation is no great threat then. I don't reckon so. Not yet. Hopefully soon.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Cobi Budge":17wobjv5 said:
samjones":17wobjv5 said:
The bookies are rarely wrong so reality about how tough a season it could be will set in soon.

If you thought results at home were poor last year god help us this season. I certainly think we will lose more than we win although I'm hoping we don't dance with relegation all season.
16th will do nicely

Our results at home weren't poor though.

No exactly that's my point, they weren't but that was everyone's take on it at the time and people were still moaning.
Cant imagine what they will say this season

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Ah apologies Sam thought you were suggesting they were poor.

I'm also worried that the moaners will be out in force if we're around mid table, which in my opinion would be a good finish in a tough league and a basis to build.

A

andyr1963

Alan Turing":1m103xyt said:
I backed us at 10-1 to go up by any means which seemed a little generous.

Our Green Messiah knows how to build a TEAM

Onward and upwards, backing Argyle this season with some of last seasons winnings. :scarf:

Aug 4, 2011
Gary_Wills":3f06wr98 said:
They sure do know nothing, like having Sheff U and Portsmouth as favourites last season, the dumbies.
And find a bookie who didn't clean up overall on Lie-ster winning the EPL.

Adams' comments on it being a strong league are inconsequential aren't they: even if a manager with some actual L1 experience and of a potential auto-promo challenger, what son of a gun would be dumb enough to call the league weak!

As for most L2 teams not struggling, I'd read that as most promoted teams having a shot of sufficient energy to openly address their weaknesses and focus on correcting them; which must in theory be somewhat more difficult under the cloud of a previous poor season.

Aren't Argyle weaknesses, last season and upcoming, a lack of capable personnel in front line attack, and absence of successful plan B in attack at home to get on the score sheet when plan A's been nullified? Two inclusive items.

Some width has been added in midfield, but has the attack been strengthened sufficiently, to sit back and assume L1 relegation is no great threat then. I don't reckon so. Not yet. Hopefully soon.

Spot on Gary, great post

Feb 2, 2007
This hasn't taken into account Summer trading in my opinion, it's not wildly out. I think we will finish mid table, not that low. Pompey are overquoted without justification. Oxford have lost their Manager and several key players, don't think they will finish that high. Fleetwood have signed some quality and will be top 5