Final league one table as the bookies currently see it | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Final league one table as the bookies currently see it

Nov 2, 2004
I think Southend are really good value,they have recruited well and Brown knows what he is doing.We will be fine provided we have another good option up front,our ability to defend under pressure will serve us well.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Nobody will be thinking about us, which is the way I like it. Saying that, I'm pretty sure our promotion odds last season didn't tip is for automatics even when we had been to Wembley the previous season. Much prefer to be a dark horse. Indeed, on these odds, an invisible horse.

Sep 13, 2003
Can anyone explain why Oldham are favourites for relegation? Sheridan did well to keep them up last season considering where they were when he took over.

Aug 5, 2016
So from one season to the next, Argyle go from finishing on the same points as Pompey to approximately 30 points fewer?

Why engage the use of logic when football league experts are on hand?

Feb 5, 2015
Aug 4, 2011
Clarke_B":1hgfcjoj said:
Can anyone explain why Oldham are favourites for relegation? Sheridan did well to keep them up last season considering where they were when he took over.
They're not favourites for relegation necessarily, just the least favourites for promotion

May 16, 2016
Is there somewhere to view an equivalent table showing where we were predicted to be for last season ?

Always interesting to compare a Bookies pre season thoughts with reality for an individual season.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Guiri Green":ct2m0gm8 said:
Is there somewhere to view an equivalent table showing where we were predicted to be for last season ?

Always interesting to compare a Bookies pre season thoughts with reality for an individual season.
6th

Aug 10, 2006
Ken Beale":2rcq795m said:
My £20 put on with William Hills got 25-1 for champions, I do it every season how bloody unlucky last season.
i had £50 at 16/1 to win it so near yet so far, we need goals goals goals.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
GCH1965":v5b0817l said:
My only concern if we were to get promotion is would we be looking for a new manager for the next season

That is the potential risk! There is a big article in The Times today regarding the managerial changes last season in The Championship alone. Out of the 18 clubs below the top few there were 15 changes of manager at that level. I am sure DA would be a big target, should Argyle achieve promotion next season. Having said that, I reckon the guy's personality would lead him to ask, why should I jump ship from Argyle now that I have got the Club into THe Championship. The big issue of course would be the level of salary that Argyle could afford to pay him, as compared to say Sheffield Wednesday or Wolves, but is he that mercenary?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
GCH1965":6z4ojyx0 said:
My only concern if we were to get promotion is would we be looking for a new manager for the next season

I'd love for that to be the concern.

Aug 14, 2015
Neil Harris, the Millwall manager tipped Arglye to get relegated in the papers today. I say no one know and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Last year i did a round Robin for £14 got £206 back. I did Newcastle, Sheff U, and Pompey.
This year I've done Forest, Pompey and Mansfield, probably be miles away..