Finishing position in League Two? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Finishing position in League Two?

Finishing position in League Two?

• 1st

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 2nd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3rd

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • 4th

• 5th

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • 6th

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • 7th

Votes: 38 22.4%
  • 8th

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • 9th

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • 10th

Votes: 36 21.2%
  • 11th

Votes: 15 8.8%
  • 12th

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • 13th

• 14th

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • 15th

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • 16th

• 17th

• 18th

• 19th

• 20th

• 21st

• 22nd

• 23rd

• 24th

• Total voters
Apr 1, 2009
GreenArmy1984":1e14pn9y said:
We will finish 7th and get into the play offs and win at Wembley on Saturday 23rd May - 19 years after our last play off final win

We are Going Up !!! :scarf:

It says a lot about our recent decline when Argyle's Mr Positive can predict only 7th.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
GreenArmy1984":4v6ln3da said:
We will finish 7th and get into the play offs and win at Wembley on Saturday 23rd May - 19 years after our last play off final win

*must not hit ignore button*

Appreciate the sentiment, but really quite irritating at times.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
A few good home wins before Xmas whilst we had the loan signings was merely another case of Argyle flattering to deceive and not reason to believe that we were actually going up, as the well-meaning but sadly deluded green tints proclaimed.

Now that the Promotion wheels have truly fallen off as the more realistic amongst us feared it would, Argyle will find their 'natural level' in this crappy Division and that will be around 10th - 12th.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
xmastree":3719fi7s said:
GreenArmy1984":3719fi7s said:

It says a lot about our recent decline when Argyle's Mr Positive can predict only 7th.

Yep! :funny:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Who voted 24th? :lol:

Just about 7th if we can get back to winning ways quickly enough. This month is vital both on and off the pitch for me; on it we need to stop the rot and fast, off it we need to get players and again we need them fast, 4 players on the bench simply isn't enough...

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Why is it so vital to have more than 4? Only 3 can be used. It used to be no subs until the 60s, then one, then 5 and finally 7 but they can't all play. It was just unfortunate that due to a combination of circumstances for a one off game we had a squad of only 15 for the match which was sufficient numbers wise if not quality wise.
As for finishing position I have let heart rule head and gone for 7th. Just a month ago I was confident of top 3 following the Northampton away win, again probably letting heart rule head. They say never back your own team at the bookies and it's probably good advice.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
jerryatricjanner":1bka3tg5 said:
Why is it so vital to have more than 4? Only 3 can be used. It used to be no subs until the 60s, then one, then 5 and finally 7 but they can't all play. It was just unfortunate that due to a combination of circumstances for a one off game we had a squad of only 15 for the match which was sufficient numbers wise if not quality wise.

Options JJ, options. Yes for one game 4 would suffice seeing as though we can only bring on 3 of them but over half a season we need more options, that has been clear well before we ended up with 4 on the bench; our first team is always strong but the bench usually offers us very little if plan A isn't working, the 4 players in the bench was merely a symptom of too few first team options and a bad run of injuries, arguably not helped by the extra workload our players have on them as a result of very little cover.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Ollieargyle9":1sox6tac said:
jerryatricjanner":1sox6tac said:

Options JJ, options. Yes for one game 4 would suffice seeing as though we can only bring on 3 of them but over half a season we need more options, that has been clear well before we ended up with 4 on the bench; our first team is always strong but the bench usually offers us very little if plan A isn't working, the 4 players in the bench was merely a symptom of too few first team options and a bad run of injuries, arguably not helped by the extra workload our players have on them as a result of very little cover.
I agree but this was a one off that we had 4 subs not half a season which was the point I was trying to make.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
11th.

Wishful thinking sees 7th being popular but without replacing the loanees with equal or better quality signings for the balance of the season we will slip away, but not without a few false dawns just to keep our hopes up to be ultimately dashed

Only Argyle could snatch defeat from the arms of victory and I think failing to at least get in the playoffs with this squad is poor TBH

We need to go on a serious run of victories to restore any faith but I just can't see that with our poor away form

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
samjones":w2kealfk said:
11th.

Wishful thinking sees 7th being popular but without replacing the loanees with equal or better quality signings for the balance of the season we will slip away, but not without a few false dawns just to keep our hopes up to be ultimately dashed

Only Argyle could snatch defeat from the arms of victory and I think failing to at least get in the playoffs with this squad is poor TBH

We need to go on a serious run of victories to restore any faith but I just can't see that with our poor away form
How do you know that won't happen/

I'm reserving any definite judgement until Transfer Deadline Day but on the premise that I think we'll get O'Connor and Kellett back, I predict 7th.

Mar 1, 2008
Cobi Budge.":3q2a8rd8 said:
And just to think some people said we didn't need Hourihane.

He was our most important outfield player by miles.

And Reids goals would be replaced by whom?