Free Parking One Stop From Wembley | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Free Parking One Stop From Wembley

H

harrovian

On Wembley Match days Chitern Rail stop other trains at the local stations . They never update the timetables till the last minute . i have emailed them to request details

Returnofthepob

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 20, 2015
harrovian":17g97js9 said:
On Wembley Match days Chitern Rail stop other trains at the local stations . They never update the timetables till the last minute . i have emailed them to request details

I've had an email back from Chiltern - there are no extra trains. Just the ones mentioned above.

Nov 9, 2008
I was thinking the same. Too many other options. An hour wait tops for a
Direct train doesn't seem too bad. Without going direct into London I can't see many better options

D

DBDave

GreensOnScreen":vek2m27b said:
A word of warning, and maybe Harrovian can clarify if I'm wrong. I was thinking about this myself but something to bear in mind - it might be a 5 minute journey but it's an hourly service (its BR, not the tube).

Just a thought.

Correct. If this isn't suitable for some, the next nearest option is Rayners Lane on the Metropolitan line to/from Wembley Park, although its a good 15-20 minute walk to Harrow Borough from there. But then its a good 10 minute walk to Northolt Park station anyway. (depending on speed of walk obviously).

Nov 9, 2008
DBDave":13au8yb7 said:
GreensOnScreen":13au8yb7 said:
A word of warning, and maybe Harrovian can clarify if I'm wrong. I was thinking about this myself but something to bear in mind - it might be a 5 minute journey but it's an hourly service (its BR, not the tube).

Just a thought.

Correct. If this isn't suitable for some, the next nearest option is Rayners Lane on the Metropolitan line to/from Wembley Park, although its a good 15-20 minute walk to Harrow Borough from there. But then its a good 10 minute walk to Northolt Park station anyway. (depending on speed of walk obviously).

Harrow Borough have said they will be laying on a shuttle bus from around 12.30 to Rayners Lane. Very good of them. They seem to be really pulling out all the stops. Hope it's nice and busy for them.

H

harrovian

Hi , we are just about full now. If you have sent your vehicle details & not received a booking reference , please re email. If you have applied in the last couple of days but not heard back , I will be checking at the club tomorrow to see how many more we can take before issuing any more.

Re Trains . Chiltern Railway clearly do not understand how big the Div Two play off is this year! The route Northolt Park to Wembley Stadium Station is excellent , but will get very crowded , if no extra trains stop, (there is every chance trains that normally go straight through will stop). But what we are going to do is run a mini bus shuttle to Rayners Lane Metropolitan Line station, trains go every 8-10 mins to wembley Park.
Minibus will start at about 12.30 from the club entrance

A

Alan.Frost

I used to be a member at Harrow Borough, a great football club, as I used to live just around the corner in Balmoral Road. The secretary was Peter Rogers and chairman was Martin Murphy. We nearly played Boro in 1984 as they played Newport County (I was there) and we played Hendon. The nearest underground station with a direct link to Wembley Park is Rayners Lane, but Northolt Park is main line, Chiltern rail to Wembley Stadium.

H

harrovian

Peter & Martin are still both very involved at the club. Peter is now chairman & will be helping with parking arrangements on Monday.

A

Alan.Frost

For those going to Earlsmead. M4, M25, M40 into London where it becomes A40. Leave at the Target Roundabout A312. Head north for about 2 miles until you go under a railway bridge then turn immediate left into Somervell Road, after 200 yards fork right, Earlsmead is quarter mile on the left. Alternatively the A312 can be picked up at J3 M4.

A

Alan.Frost

If there is space Harrovian book me in please otherwise I might park in Martins drive!!.

D

davetrevaskus

Planning on parking at Rickmansworth. Then metropolitan line direct to Wembley Park.

Multi-storey car park next door to Waitrose and the station.