Free Parking One Stop From Wembley | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Free Parking One Stop From Wembley

May 19, 2016
A piece of trivia.

David Kemp played for Harrow Borough as a teenager. Wikepedia has them down as his first club on the rung of the ladder but actually his first club as a16 year old was Wembley Town then like Harrow Borough ( I believe ) in the Athenian League which has now morphed in to the Ryman League set up.

Another interesting ( well to me at least ) bit of the David Kemp connection was that he was first team coach at Wimbledon when they won the F A Cup.

I'll put my tin hat on now when I say that I always was and still am an admirer of David Kemp as a player and a coach who ( in my opinion ) got the best results wise out of often poor squads.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I loved Kemp as a player but as a 'Manager' he'd make a good window cleaner. Speak to Oxford fans about him! :doh:

One of the worst managers I've ever witnessed at Home Park, in my opinion of course.

May 19, 2016
One of the many wonderful things about football Ian is that we can all have, and hopefully respect, the opinions of others; after all wouldn't it be boring if we all thought alike.

I must go now Kempy is on his way around to clean my windows !

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
:greensmile:

Make sure you put the shutters up, just like he would.

:scarf:

H

harrovian

Thank you to all the Green Army that parked Harrow Borough .

105 vehicles, 320 supporters. Hope to see you all again soon.

Sep 28, 2005
Whilst yesterday's performance and result is still a bit raw, can I just say a big thank you to harrovian and his team for the effort put in to make our day that much easier. Great hospitality, they put on a mini bus service to ferry our fans from their club to local train station, and picked us up on the way back. Very much appreciated, hope you made some money to go back into your club. I shall keep an eye out for your results, and wish you all the best for future seasons. Regards.

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
scunnygreen":13j9dexn said:
Whilst yesterday's performance and result is still a bit raw, can I just say a big thank you to harrovian and his team for the effort put in to make our day that much easier. Great hospitality, they put on a mini bus service to ferry our fans from their club to local train station, and picked us up on the way back. Very much appreciated, hope you made some money to go back into your club. I shall keep an eye out for your results, and wish you all the best for future seasons. Regards.

Totally agree. Harrow Borough FC staff were amazingly helpful and did the Green Army proud. My family were so pleased we took advantage of this excellent offer and I will not forget the hospitality we were shown. Very well done Harrovian! :scarf:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
IJN":1n8sjxtm said:
I loved Kemp as a player but as a 'Manager' he'd make a good window cleaner. Speak to Oxford fans about him! :doh:

One of the worst managers I've ever witnessed at Home Park, in my opinion of course.

Seconded.

Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
Yes, very helpful indeed. Every member of staff helping to make day run smoother.

Definitely do this again, if we have to, but hopefully not.

Cheapest food and drink all day. Well done.

B

Barnpark

N.I_Green":hafst876 said:
Absolutely top class from all at Harrow Borough FC. Thanks for everything!
Could not agree more excellent service look forward to playing you in the FA cup at your place

Apr 1, 2009
We parked at Harrow Borough too, and would like to thank all those at the club who helped. A really great bunch who did everything possible to help the day run smoothly. Many thanks.

Oct 28, 2011
Norwich
Was a fantastic gesture from everybody involved with Harrow borough f.c
Great location, very cheap food and drink, and a very warm welcome. I can't thank you enough.
The only annoying part was chiltern railways letting trains drive right past us for over an hour, although somebody from the club even tried getting this changed for us :clap:

Good luck for the forthcoming season lads :scarf:

Oct 20, 2015
IJN":3tctb5wt said:
Harrovian,

As you're not being charged for advertising on this site (as this is a real help for football fans) perhaps you'd like to pay some money into our Academy funds.

If you go to the top of the page and hit the orange Paypal button, it's dead easy. :greensmile:

Cheeky, too right, but so are you!! :scarf:

Ian Newell
Site Owner.

I cannot believe someone had the cheek to say this, site owner or not. HBFC has nothing to gain by offering parking and facilities, and there were lots of volunteers on hand to help with parking, drive the minibus, staff the bar etc. I'm embarrassed someone asked them, of all people, for a donation.

HBFC was a rare highlight for me yesterday in what turned out to be a bitterly disappointing day. I'll be writing to HBFC to thank them and I'll be donating to their site too. They couldn't do enough to help and it was much appreciated in the difficult logistics of getting to Wembley.