Goals needed | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goals needed

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Northampton who in my view are uncatchable are scoring freely....
You certainly put the 'mockers' on them on Saturday TCL. Let's hope that this prediction goes the same way: -
I don't think Argo will beat Oxford or Accrington....
As long as goals scored is > goals conceded in each match to the end of this season, it doesn't matter if it's 1-0 or 4-3, we will be in League 1 next season. In fact, I don't expect that it will happen but, if it did, I reckon we could overtake Northampton. Depends how long Marc Richards is out for.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Balham_Green":7vu0eyy2 said:
Mark Pedlar":7vu0eyy2 said:
Balham_Green":7vu0eyy2 said:
TCL":7vu0eyy2 said:
A distinct lack of goals & failing to beat teams at the bottom reaches of the table is very concerning, the result will be that Argo will miss out on automatic promotion. Northampton who in my view are uncatchable are scoring freely & so are Oxford & Accrington, I don't think Argo will beat Oxford or Accrington a result that will see Argo drop into the play-offs & in my view will be lucky to stay there unless results improve dramatically. It seems Argo are now going out not to lose matches & should be going out wanting to win these games. If they did that against Crawley & Yeovil they might have won both the games or even won one & lost one but they would have gained three points instead of the two points they got from both matches!

What a load of cr*p. Would help if you knew what you were talking about mate before posting - e.g went to the games. Anybody who went to Crawley would have seen that we did anything but go for a point. We were the offensive side whilst Crawley sat back and were delighted with a point. We didnt have the ability to break them down but that was not due to negative tactics. How many sides play an out and out winger away from home in their side? Try and look a bit deeper than just the results perhaps!

And according to you 'we will be luck to stay in the play offs' :funny: You are clueless mate.

No need for the level of rudeness in your post BG. TCL's view may differ from yours but his and yours are both opinions, genuinely held, I'm sure.

I am impatient with people who dont know what they are talking about especially when they didnt go to the games as he clearly didnt. So just saying it like it is. Clueless - as were Argyle last night. But certainly not at Crawley.
Well, amazing how things have turned out. For a man who you accuse of not knowing what he is talking about, TCL has proved to be extremely accurate.I doubt it is your style BG but with him being so right and you being so sure (and vociferous) that he was wrong (even about him being at Crawley), it really does look as if an apology should be forthcoming BG. For what its worth, at that time I didn't think his prediction would come about but fortunately did not say so! TCL, I am in awe of your crystal ball gazing.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Yes, which proves no one should dismiss someone else's comments as they can look rather stupid when they are proven right.

Be opposed and disagree by all means, but offensive comments are not acceptable just because you think otherwise.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
argobenz":9h522ksq said:
Yes, which proves no one should dismiss someone else's comments as they can look rather stupid when they are proven right.

Be opposed and disagree by all means, but offensive comments are not acceptable just because you think otherwise.
Since your comment we signed Nardiello a proven goalscorer and Jamille Matt who has been scoring goals for us, we've done exactly what you said we needed to do and it's still all fallen apart, surely that makes you wrong?

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Argy1e":1j6vo3dv said:
argobenz":1j6vo3dv said:

Since your comment we signed Nardiello a proven goalscorer and Jamille Matt who has been scoring goals for us, we've done exactly what you said we needed to do and it's still all fallen apart, surely that makes you wrong?

Obviously the huge goal input they have supplied has made a difference :facepalm:

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
argobenz":kcofioie said:
Argy1e":kcofioie said:
argobenz":kcofioie said:

Obviously the huge goal input they have supplied has made a difference :facepalm:
They might not have scored the goals you wanted, but we did what you said we should do and went out and signed strikers. The problem this season hasn't been the strikers not scoring goals, it's been the total lack of depth throughout the entire team.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Argy1e":6k7tv70e said:
argobenz":6k7tv70e said:
Argy1e":6k7tv70e said:
argobenz":6k7tv70e said:

They might not have scored the goals you wanted, but we did what you said we should do and went out and signed strikers. The problem this season hasn't been the strikers not scoring goals, it's been the total lack of depth throughout the entire team.

Bottle more like.

Has there ever been such a capitulation?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
It first started going wrong in November when we had a few injuries piling up, we picked up a little over Christmas when plying teams near the bottom of the table, but we've never properly recovered from the first set of injuries and the second set in February killed us off. Bottle could come into it, but injuries + a small squad is the main issue that has affected our season.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Makes you think, how did teams manage before, substitutes, groomed pitches and healthy lifestyles?

I guess they were real men, not these slipper wearing fairies we have today.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
if i could change one thing about todays football i would revert to only one substitute.all clubs have staff now who either hardly ever or never play.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
It will be interesting next season when the loan system is reduced.

Many clubs use this not only to gain better players but also to supplement their squad's wages.

There will be a lot of players released methinks.