Goals needed | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goals needed

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Cobi Budge.":5honbqqk said:
This is how I'd line up at Yeovil, think we'd definitely look a threat.

1404436_Plymouth_Argyle.jpg

That team would be rubbish. There'd be a distinct lack of vision in the passing and no movement at all... ;)

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Welwyn_green":qz37oopz said:
Looks good. Maybe boeteng instead of Simpson if things plan out ?? Just a thought... Be nice to see Forster at some point

Unfortunately I don't think we'll see playing for Argyle any more :sad: .

TCL

Jan 25, 2012
A distinct lack of goals & failing to beat teams at the bottom reaches of the table is very concerning, the result will be that Argo will miss out on automatic promotion. Northampton who in my view are uncatchable are scoring freely & so are Oxford & Accrington, I don't think Argo will beat Oxford or Accrington a result that will see Argo drop into the play-offs & in my view will be lucky to stay there unless results improve dramatically. It seems Argo are now going out not to lose matches & should be going out wanting to win these games. If they did that against Crawley & Yeovil they might have won both the games or even won one & lost one but they would have gained three points instead of the two points they got from both matches!

A

AR09YLE

It's a shame we don't have a well proven goal scoring veteran on the bench who could come on and sneak a goal.

AKA Nardiello.

Jul 13, 2006
TCL":3gfcu04w said:
A distinct lack of goals & failing to beat teams at the bottom reaches of the table is very concerning, the result will be that Argo will miss out on automatic promotion. Northampton who in my view are uncatchable are scoring freely & so are Oxford & Accrington, I don't think Argo will beat Oxford or Accrington a result that will see Argo drop into the play-offs & in my view will be lucky to stay there unless results improve dramatically. It seems Argo are now going out not to lose matches & should be going out wanting to win these games. If they did that against Crawley & Yeovil they might have won both the games or even won one & lost one but they would have gained three points instead of the two points they got from both matches!
That's how I see it at the moment too.
We are almost Sheridanesque with our caution. With 3 points for a win, we needed to have gone for it in both these games. I don't even know why Nardiello was even in the squad if he's not going to get any game time and I would've played Tanner for 90 minutes. Why he didn't come on at all is a complete mystery. Wylde should've come off and we missed Simpson in midfield. We need someone to get a grip of our midfield. Oh for a player like their 25- Liam Walsh?- quality all night.

Sep 6, 2006
TCL":37d0yxkv said:

What a load of cr*p. Would help if you knew what you were talking about mate before posting - e.g went to the games. Anybody who went to Crawley would have seen that we did anything but go for a point. We were the offensive side whilst Crawley sat back and were delighted with a point. We didnt have the ability to break them down but that was not due to negative tactics. How many sides play an out and out winger away from home in their side? Try and look a bit deeper than just the results perhaps!

And according to you 'we will be luck to stay in the play offs' :funny: You are clueless mate.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Balham_Green":3atewepc said:
TCL":3atewepc said:

What a load of cr*p. Would help if you knew what you were talking about mate before posting - e.g went to the games. Anybody who went to Crawley would have seen that we did anything but go for a point. We were the offensive side whilst Crawley sat back and were delighted with a point. We didnt have the ability to break them down but that was not due to negative tactics. How many sides play an out and out winger away from home in their side? Try and look a bit deeper than just the results perhaps!

And according to you 'we will be luck to stay in the play offs' :funny: You are clueless mate.

No need for the level of rudeness in your post BG. TCL's view may differ from yours but his and yours are both opinions, genuinely held, I'm sure.

Sep 6, 2006
Mark Pedlar":2f3umfkw said:
Balham_Green":2f3umfkw said:
TCL":2f3umfkw said:

No need for the level of rudeness in your post BG. TCL's view may differ from yours but his and yours are both opinions, genuinely held, I'm sure.

I am impatient with people who dont know what they are talking about especially when they didnt go to the games as he clearly didnt. So just saying it like it is. Clueless - as were Argyle last night. But certainly not at Crawley.

TCL

Jan 25, 2012
Balham Green I bow to your obvious expertise, oh & by the way I did watch Argyle at Crawley.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Balham_Green":2404zh5e said:
Mark Pedlar":2404zh5e said:
Balham_Green":2404zh5e said:
TCL":2404zh5e said:

I am impatient with people who dont know what they are talking about especially when they didnt go to the games as he clearly didnt. So just saying it like it is. Clueless - as were Argyle last night. But certainly not at Crawley.
Don't blame it on impatience. Too often your default position is that everyone bar you is either clueless, doesn't know what they are talking about or deluded.

Sep 6, 2006
memory man":2gog5dkc said:
Balham_Green":2gog5dkc said:
Mark Pedlar":2gog5dkc said:
Balham_Green":2gog5dkc said:
TCL":2gog5dkc said:

Don't blame it on impatience. Too often your default position is that everyone bar you is either clueless, doesn't know what they are talking about or deluded.

Too right!

Sep 6, 2006
TCL":31f7eggp said:
Balham Green I bow to your obvious expertise, oh & by the way I did watch Argyle at Crawley.

You clearly dont understand the game then. It was obvious to the vast majority that Argyle were the better side but couldnt finish them. To say we went there looking for a point just doesn't stack up with what happened during the game, the stats or our team selection. So I don't know which game you were watching.

TCL

Jan 25, 2012
I played football to a high standard within the non-league structure BG & currently hold a UEFA level 3 coaching badge. With regards to the Crawley match, yes Argyle did play very well & should have seen the game out but they do struggle to score goals whether they dominate games or not.