Goals pay the rent | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goals pay the rent

Aug 3, 2017
Funny. Did you read the Big Sam interview the other day. I think it was on Sky Sports. He always focuses on defence because if you do not concede you only have to score one to win. There were other themes he mentioned like fetting the ball forward asap to turn the opposition. But he didnt say scoring goals was the main thing, he always wanted a clean sheet because it always guaranteed a point.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Isondil":24iisjsv said:
Funny. Did you read the Big Sam interview the other day. I think it was on Sky Sports. He always focuses on defence because if you do not concede you only have to score one to win. There were other themes he mentioned like fetting the ball forward asap to turn the opposition. But he didnt say scoring goals was the main thing, he always wanted a clean sheet because it always guaranteed a point.

Absolutely. Keep a clean sheet and you're guaranteed one point. And you only need to score one to take all three.

Sep 6, 2006
kernow19":2mec9gxr said:
Isondil":2mec9gxr said:

Absolutely. Keep a clean sheet and you're guaranteed one point. And you only need to score one to take all three.

you should have got the England job mate.

Sep 6, 2006
Maidenhead Green":24f6n5cj said:
Rob_GT4":24f6n5cj said:
Wow backtracking already are we? I'll tell you what, to save your blushes I'll just literally pick one thread from just over a month ago, because otherwise this could get embarrassing and I know you've got a reputation and previous on here haven't you.

The thread was called 'the competitiveness of league one' here:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=100288&start=13

Replying to a thread about the quality of our signings not being that great so far I wrote

I've been surprised by the quality some of the 'lesser' teams have got let alone the teams towards the top end (Blackburn have some ridiculous players for this level). I would go so far as to say that actually our squads is one of the weakest I've seen so far and is pretty much still just a good league 2 squad, but luckily we've got Derek Adams who will no doubt get the most out of them.

to which you replied

Balham_Green":24f6n5cj said:
So you have assessed all the squads have you? You have an in depth knowledge of all lower league players? I dont think you know what you are talking about.

Going round on this forum telling informed people that they don't know what they're talking about, and ending up being wrong is embarrassing and abusive. Still I bit my tongue and replied:

Excuse me?

I may not be an expert but I'd say I have a pretty good grasp yes, it's you that doesn't know what you're talking about.

Anybody reasonably savvy that also goes on general league 1 forums with numerous fans from all clubs commenting would know and have a much better idea of the bigger picture than the insular view you get from a forum focussed on one club like this.

None of us know for sure how we well we'll make the step up, but I stand by everything that I've said and I absolutely believe Derek Adams will need to overachieve with this squad.

And everything I've said is spot on. But still:

So you get you 'facts' from other fans forums? :facepalm: Who's signed Messi then?

I can't be bothered to transcribe entire conversations, but I will post a few more of your gems, purely just from this thread too mind

Load of nonsense on here about avoiding relegation, finishing 18th etc. We are Argyle not Wimbledon.

Fourthly Adams has been successful wherever he has been. He is a shrewd operator in the transfer market, plans meticulously and knows how to win games

There is very little of a step up between L. 2 and 1. Sawyer, McCormick, Fox, Jervis, Carey, Threkeld, Ainsworth have all played at a good level.

and it wasn't just me either, other people commented on your demeanour on the thread:

Adam_R":24f6n5cj said:
No place for reasoning here now Xy, BG has joined the party, shot everyone down and made his view known!!

So in future before you go around slagging people off with uneducated ill-informed opinions and drivel, think about when you do a complete u-turn how it'll come back to bite you on the ass.

That's me done.

Long-time reader on here, only recently started posting. Seems like you've had your backside handed to you there after many years of being rude to others.

I have already replied to that. Got anything intelligent to say?

Sep 6, 2006
Guiri Green":cmrdcdc7 said:
Bristol Rich":cmrdcdc7 said:
Guiri Green":cmrdcdc7 said:
Balham_Green":cmrdcdc7 said:
wightboy":cmrdcdc7 said:
Complete faith in Adams. I believe he will have recognised failings and have both free agents and January targets in mind to give us the cutting edge that we finished last season with. Patience is a virtue that we are going to need for a while!

So the question is why hasn't he recognized those failings before if he is such a great manager?

He did recognise our failings. Unfortunately, his efforts to remedy them weren't rewarded with his attempted signings wanting to commit to us. Money ? Location ? Moaning Fans ? Pick your own reasons.

I think Argyle are the only club in the UK with some fans who might dare to to complain or moan as you put it.......

I'm sure other clubs fans moan too. I do so ehy shouldn't they ?

Think he was being ironic! So its the fans fault is it? :facepalm:

May 16, 2016
Balham_Green":1bkgkj59 said:
Guiri Green":1bkgkj59 said:
Bristol Rich":1bkgkj59 said:
Guiri Green":1bkgkj59 said:
Balham_Green":1bkgkj59 said:
wightboy":1bkgkj59 said:
Complete faith in Adams. I believe he will have recognised failings and have both free agents and January targets in mind to give us the cutting edge that we finished last season with. Patience is a virtue that we are going to need for a while!

So the question is why hasn't he recognized those failings before if he is such a great manager?

He did recognise our failings. Unfortunately, his efforts to remedy them weren't rewarded with his attempted signings wanting to commit to us. Money ? Location ? Moaning Fans ? Pick your own reasons.

I think Argyle are the only club in the UK with some fans who might dare to to complain or moan as you put it.......

I'm sure other clubs fans moan too. I do so ehy shouldn't they ?

Think he was being ironic! So its the fans fault is it? :facepalm:

I think I knew that.........

Everything's your fault.

Balham_Green":mfnx72y3 said:
Maidenhead Green":mfnx72y3 said:
Rob_GT4":mfnx72y3 said:
Wow backtracking already are we? I'll tell you what, to save your blushes I'll just literally pick one thread from just over a month ago, because otherwise this could get embarrassing and I know you've got a reputation and previous on here haven't you.

Replying to a thread about the quality of our signings not being that great so far I wrote

I've been surprised by the quality some of the 'lesser' teams have got let alone the teams towards the top end (Blackburn have some ridiculous players for this level). I would go so far as to say that actually our squads is one of the weakest I've seen so far and is pretty much still just a good league 2 squad, but luckily we've got Derek Adams who will no doubt get the most out of them.

to which you replied

So you have assessed all the squads have you? You have an in depth knowledge of all lower league players? I dont think you know what you are talking about.

Going round on this forum telling informed people that they don't know what they're talking about, and ending up being wrong is embarrassing and abusive. Still I bit my tongue and replied:

Excuse me?

I may not be an expert but I'd say I have a pretty good grasp yes, it's you that doesn't know what you're talking about.

Anybody reasonably savvy that also goes on general league 1 forums with numerous fans from all clubs commenting would know and have a much better idea of the bigger picture than the insular view you get from a forum focussed on one club like this.

None of us know for sure how we well we'll make the step up, but I stand by everything that I've said and I absolutely believe Derek Adams will need to overachieve with this squad.

So you get you 'facts' from other fans forums? :facepalm: Who's signed Messi then?

I can't be bothered to transcribe entire conversations, but I will post a few more of your gems, purely just from this thread too mind

Load of nonsense on here about avoiding relegation, finishing 18th etc. We are Argyle not Wimbledon.

Fourthly Adams has been successful wherever he has been. He is a shrewd operator in the transfer market, plans meticulously and knows how to win games

There is very little of a step up between L. 2 and 1. Sawyer, McCormick, Fox, Jervis, Carey, Threkeld, Ainsworth have all played at a good level.

and it wasn't just me either, other people commented on your demeanour on the thread:

Adam_R":mfnx72y3 said:
No place for reasoning here now Xy, BG has joined the party, shot everyone down and made his view known!!

So in future before you go around slagging people off with uneducated ill-informed opinions and drivel, think about when you do a complete u-turn how it'll come back to bite you on the ass.

That's me done.

Long-time reader on here, only recently started posting. Seems like you've had your backside handed to you there after many years of being rude to others.

You can reply all you want, I'll still think you've been found out.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Balham_Green":3mzcsref said:
kernow19":3mzcsref said:
Isondil":3mzcsref said:

I did apply, but got turned down for being too adventurous.

Sep 6, 2006
kernow19":wvh5ftvq said:
Balham_Green":wvh5ftvq said:
kernow19":wvh5ftvq said:
Isondil":wvh5ftvq said:

I did apply, but got turned down for being too adventurous.

lol

Sep 6, 2006
Maidenhead Green":2an5q0f7 said:
Balham_Green":2an5q0f7 said:
Maidenhead Green":2an5q0f7 said:
Rob_GT4":2an5q0f7 said:

to which you replied

Excuse me?

Adam_R":2an5q0f7 said:

That's me done.

You can reply all you want, I'll still think you've been found out.

I asked if you had anything intelligent to offer. Clearly not. Just want to busy yourself with other folk's disputes. Very sad.

Jul 3, 2013
Bubba":2mtge1wa said:
Steve Evans":2mtge1wa said:
wightboy":2mtge1wa said:
i agree.no need to be trigger happy with derek.i believe he is an excellent manager and will prove it by seasons end.

Whilst that sounds grand January is 3 and a half Months away and more importantly a shed load of games away! We could well be a sinking ship by then If our pointage doesn't improve. I don't think we will or can afford to wait until Jan to address the obvious goal scoring issue.

If we employ UPTHELINE as our new manager we would be 32 points clear already even knowing that amount of pointage hasn't even been up for grabs yet.