Grandstand Update | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand Update

Do you like the stage 1 plans for the grandstand?

• Yes

Votes: 206 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 13.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 9.4%

• Total voters

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Biggs":1k5rj6qt said:
The roof won't be extended, but they said they're making the lower tier steeper, so it could well be covered. Incredibly crude example below.

The lower terrace currently....

----------
-
-
-
-

But it could end up being this....

----------

-
-
-
-

I think I am missing something here!!?? :problem:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
AdelaideGreen":vnzlzo7w said:
I think I am missing something here!!?? :problem:

Yes, it didn't quite work :lol:

Edited post above.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

jimbo_the_green":209ir951 said:
We currently have:

A run down wooden seated grandstand
Ancient conference facilities unable to generate significant income
A closed and crumbling terrace

For zero cost to the club we will have:

A refurbished grandstand fit for the 21st century
21st century conference and hospitality facilities generating non matchday income and no doubt additional matchday corporate cash
A new seating enclosure in place of the closed terrace.

We might have:

Corners filled in?
The potential for corners and expansion when required?
A new bar for supporters on matchday?

All for nowt. It's going to be a massive improvement for no cost to the club so there really can't be anything to complain about here. The prawn sandwich comments are misguided in the extreme. They are important to the cash flow of the club and the conference facilities for non matchday are essential for increased budgets in the future.

It's not at the expense of the supporters' facilities. You won't be forced to sit somewhere you don't want to.

I was a huge critic of the last plans because I felt that it boxed us in forever. Nothing that is on the table here does that and can only be seen as progress by anyone taking the time to think about it for more than 30 seconds.

Id be interested how you come to the conclusion that the refurb is all for nowt? Zero cost to the club?

The money is being loaned to the club and is to be paid back over the next 30 years.

As it goes, my overwhelming beef with Brent stems from what he wanted to do with Home Park. So once that catastrophic plan died of death any stop gap refurb that doesn't saddle us with doctors and dentists in each corner and a tiny stand boxed in by as ice rink, is absolutely a far better option.

Who knows, when Hallett takes full control in the coming years he may even decide to do the whole South stand properly. :thumbs:

Apr 1, 2009
jimbo_the_green":11zcb463 said:
We currently have:

21st century conference and hospitality facilities generating non matchday income and no doubt additional matchday corporate cash

We might have:

Corners filled in?

All for nowt. It's going to be a massive improvement for no cost to the club so there really can't be anything to complain about here. The prawn sandwich comments are misguided in the extreme. They are important to the cash flow of the club and the conference facilities for non matchday are essential for increased budgets in the future.

It's not at the expense of the supporters' facilities. You won't be forced to sit somewhere you don't want to.

I was a huge critic of the last plans because I felt that it boxed us in forever. Nothing that is on the table here does that and can only be seen as progress by anyone taking the time to think about it for more than 30 seconds.

You may well have made some good points but, for me, this post is complete nonsense because you keep repeating that the stand refurb will cost nothing to the club. Where on earth did you get that from?

The biggest share of the finance, as I understand it, comes from a loan from Mr Hallett. Who's going to repay this and pay (the favourable rate of) interest? It would also be no surprise if some of the unbudgeted income from this season (Liverpool, transfer add-ons etc) topped up the finance already arranged. It's just totally misleading to keep saying that the club is getting it all for "nowt".

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
Fair point on the nowt remark it is misleading but a loan at next to no interest over 30 years is about as preferable as it gets and the increased revenue will more than pay for it so in terms of a cost to the club and more importantly the impact on the playing budget it isn't having a negative impact. I accept some of the windfall from the cup etcmay be going towards it as well but this is again self funding from profits and not coming out of the playing budget unless you take a view that all revenue should be ploughed straight back in. However we won't grow as a club without these facilities and the income it generates

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Pootle's Pom Pom":3he0f0cw said:
Mork":3he0f0cw said:
jimbo_the_green":3he0f0cw said:
We currently have:

We might have:

Corners filled in?

If it's going to be 21st century, I hope the roof is extended to cover the Mayflower seating, nothing worse than sitting in the rain, would rather stand.

And if they do extend the roof there will be nothing else, as all the budget will be spent on ensuring Mork stays dry.
No need to worry about Mork; he has emigrated to Australia ;)

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Would be nice to have some plans and artist's impressions to get to grips with. Anyone know how far off we are from this?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Green_Matt":1mcq1x21 said:
Would be nice to have some plans and artist's impressions to get to grips with. Anyone know how far off we are from this?

A pen and fag packet

Aug 5, 2005
xmastree":274gzlfs said:
jimbo_the_green":274gzlfs said:
We currently have:

We might have:

Corners filled in?

You may well have made some good points but, for me, this post is complete nonsense because you keep repeating that the stand refurb will cost nothing to the club. Where on earth did you get that from?

The biggest share of the finance, as I understand it, comes from a loan from Mr Hallett. Who's going to repay this and pay (the favourable rate of) interest? It would also be no surprise if some of the unbudgeted income from this season (Liverpool, transfer add-ons etc) topped up the finance already arranged. It's just totally misleading to keep saying that the club is getting it all for "nowt".

The repayments will be about £140,000 a year, which over 23 home games (excluding cups / playoffs) works out at £6000 per game increased income from the new facilities required to cover the repayments.

Aug 15, 2008
Conference facilities... i dont know what the demand is but if we put in a high spec commercial kitchen we could have a restaurant there?

Apr 1, 2009
Quizmike":komsmtfq said:
xmastree":komsmtfq said:
jimbo_the_green":komsmtfq said:
We currently have:

We might have:

Corners filled in?

The repayments will be about £140,000 a year, which over 23 home games (excluding cups / playoffs) works out at £6000 per game increased income from the new facilities required to cover the repayments.

Does your £140k a year include interest repayments? I'd argue that per game figure should be profit not income. However a major reason for doing this is to significantly increase non-matchday revenue (and of course profit), so the figure for matchdays should actually be lower.

Aug 5, 2005
xmastree":3ggztohq said:
Quizmike":3ggztohq said:
xmastree":3ggztohq said:
jimbo_the_green":3ggztohq said:
We currently have:

We might have:

Corners filled in?

Does your £140k a year include interest repayments? I'd argue that per game figure should be profit not income. However a major reason for doing this is to significantly increase non-matchday revenue (and of course profit), so the figure for matchdays should actually be lower.

Yep. All very rough maths but it includes 3% interest. And yes it should be net Income.

If the facilities are used outside of match days then the repayment figure per match would be less, but I was assuming worst case of zero income outside of match days.

If the new facilities were open 365 days a year, we can look at the repayment cost on a weekly basis, which is £2685 per week

Jul 29, 2012
It won't be 365 days a year but the hoped for usage will be in line with Exeter Chiefs use of their conference facilities. The conference room/ entertainment suite at Exeter Chiefs holds over 400 seated at round tables which far exceeds anything available in Plymouth.Once it's constructed it'll then be down to us to use the bars and encourage our business' and employers to use the conference room(s) to really make it fly.

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
Biggs":uxtcy52d said:
The roof won't be extended, but they said they're making the lower tier steeper, so it could well be covered. Incredibly crude example below.

The lower terrace currently....

Not a bad effort, but I bloody well hope the architect's plans are better than this! :thumbup: