Grandstand Update | Page 43 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand Update

Do you like the stage 1 plans for the grandstand?

• Yes

Votes: 206 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 13.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 9.4%

• Total voters
Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
The Grumpy Loyal":1ltucun4 said:
Adam_R":1ltucun4 said:
(For Quizmike it won't let me quote more than 6 posts)

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I do know that Stage 2 isn't costed to come in with the £5m Stage 1.

It may take a few days weeks or months for this to be confirmed, because transparency isn't a priority. It is because of that lack of transparency, that people are being duped into thinking Stage 2 is all set to go with Stage 1. It isn't. It is shiny picture propaganda.

You'll realise soon enough.

And so it came to pass.....(for QuizMike) The transcript below is from the official site.

The budget of £5m covers Stage 1 only (and does not cover the new roof and floodlight, which are being separately funded - see below). The Board currently has no agreed programme to execute Stage 2; it will proceed when it is in the interests of the Clubto do so and we have funding available.

So at last there we have it.

Now it is hardly an 'extreme view' to point out something that has proved to be 100% correct us it?

I've lost count of the number of people I've spoken to since the shiny mythical Stage2 pics were rolled out, who genuinely thought Stage2 was happening. They were duped by the shiny pictures of a nice wrap-around stand.

What's sad is that yet again we aren't grasping the nettle. If the club are willing to borrow £5m over a 30 yr period, borrowing a percentage more over an extended period and getting the job done properly (Stage2) would have meant that the capacity is there ready and waiting when we get the the 2nd tier.

Instead we'll have a realistic capacity of around 17,000 at best with segregation and people locked out.

Hey ho. Janner mentality I guess.

Easy to say "why not borrow/spend more" but in reality what position is PAFC in to increase its debt levels? We are fortunate to be given £5m at a very low interest rate because its from a favourable source. Any other multimillionaire fans out there to stump up some more? They've never come forward before so the likelihood is minimal.

So say we need £2m more to do stage 2/floodlights/ roof etc, where does that come from? Will banks lend us £2m? If so at what rates and repayment schedules. Are we still seen as high risk? Will the interest costs and repayments swallow up funds that could be invested in the team just on the off-chance that we get promoted in the next 2 years?

L1 is no walk in the park... just look at the teams there now. We aren't guaranteed promotion this season, next, within the next 5.

So we could have excess capacity and costs which are not required at this stage and have no certain or even highly likely probability that they will be other than on 1/2 occasions each season.

We've borrowed beyond our means before... lets not walk that path again eh?

Put simply, if Simon can lend us £5 and not bankrupt himself, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility for him to perhaps lend another £2m.

Let's be clear honest and realistic. PAFC's record of getting things done buildwise historically is pretty shocking. This is frustrating because we're missing a golden opportunity. Hey ho.

Pah, £2m? he'll probably find that down the back of the sofa. What a tight ar5e.

I'm sure if he could and wanted to then he would invest more to complete the project. However, maybe we should be happy that he has taken it upon himself to give us £5m and not always expect more.

The Grumpy Loyal":3909okp4 said:
Adam_R":3909okp4 said:

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I do know that Stage 2 isn't costed to come in with the £5m Stage 1.

It may take a few days weeks or months for this to be confirmed, because transparency isn't a priority. It is because of that lack of transparency, that people are being duped into thinking Stage 2 is all set to go with Stage 1. It isn't. It is shiny picture propaganda.

And so it came to pass.....(for QuizMike) The transcript below is from the official site.

The budget of £5m covers Stage 1 only (and does not cover the new roof and floodlight, which are being separately funded - see below). The Board currently has no agreed programme to execute Stage 2; it will proceed when it is in the interests of the Clubto do so and we have funding available.

Now it is hardly an 'extreme view' to point out something that has proved to be 100% correct us it?

I've lost count of the number of people I've spoken to since the shiny mythical Stage2 pics were rolled out, who genuinely thought Stage2 was happening. They were duped by the shiny pictures of a nice wrap-around stand.

What's sad is that yet again we aren't grasping the nettle. If the club are willing to borrow £5m over a 30 yr period, borrowing a percentage more over an extended period and getting the job done properly (Stage2) would have meant that the capacity is there ready and waiting when we get the the 2nd tier.

Instead we'll have a realistic capacity of around 17,000 at best with segregation and people locked out.

Easy to say "why not borrow/spend more" but in reality what position is PAFC in to increase its debt levels? We are fortunate to be given £5m at a very low interest rate because its from a favourable source. Any other multimillionaire fans out there to stump up some more? They've never come forward before so the likelihood is minimal.

So say we need £2m more to do stage 2/floodlights/ roof etc, where does that come from? Will banks lend us £2m? If so at what rates and repayment schedules. Are we still seen as high risk? Will the interest costs and repayments swallow up funds that could be invested in the team just on the off-chance that we get promoted in the next 2 years?

L1 is no walk in the park... just look at the teams there now. We aren't guaranteed promotion this season, next, within the next 5.

So we could have excess capacity and costs which are not required at this stage and have no certain or even highly likely probability that they will be other than on 1/2 occasions each season.

Put simply, if Simon can lend us £5 and not bankrupt himself, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility for him to perhaps lend another £2m.

Let's be clear honest and realistic. PAFC's record of getting things done buildwise historically is pretty shocking. This is frustrating because we're missing a golden opportunity. Hey ho.

Un-smeggin-believable.

Someone agrees to lend us £5m, acknowledging he is unlikely to get it all back, but for some this isn't enough...

How do you know he can afford to lend another £2m? Seen his bank balance have you?

Suggest you put up your own money, or shut up.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

tandark":17aj6w55 said:
joker / troll.

Joker? I deal in fact. I appreciate that isnt appreciated by those who are just eternally grateful.

Troll? LOL.

Forums wither and die without an alternative viewpoint. That's another fact.

Shiny pictures of a mythical Stage 2 led s lot of people to believe it's happening. It isn't.

If pointing that out annoys the eternally grateful, hard cheese.

Aug 5, 2005
The Grumpy Loyal":3w3rsegh said:
tandark":3w3rsegh said:
joker / troll.

Joker? I deal in fact. I appreciate that isnt appreciated by those who are just eternally grateful.

Troll? LOL.

Shiny pictures of a mythical Stage 2 led s lot of people to believe it's happening. It isn't.

Facts you say?

Our original discussion was about the fact that you took a made up figure of 17400 as a fact and ran around the internet saying that this was the new capacity.

I trust that you will go back and correct yourself? Stating here and now?

Feb 8, 2005
The Grumpy Loyal":3qp7533l said:
Adam_R":3qp7533l said:

There is NO opportunity, Grumpy.

Whatever we are missing, it is NOT an opportunity. There is NOTHING to miss.

There is NO MONEY to fund it.

What part of that are you unable to comprehend?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
He is certainly Grumpy but you have to wonder who he thinks that he is being Loyal to.

I think that many of us could have predicted who would be the first to come out with cynical, rather than constructive, comments following the questions answered by the Board.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Quizmike":1jp8xl61 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1jp8xl61 said:
tandark":1jp8xl61 said:
joker / troll.

Troll? LOL.

Facts you say?

Our original discussion was about the fact that you took a made up figure of 17400 as a fact and ran around the internet saying that this was the new capacity.

To be fair to him do you think we will ever have more than 17,400 in the ground? That does appear to be pretty spot on with our segregation for big fixtures.

Aug 5, 2005
jerryatricjanner":2tl42c6k said:
Quizmike":2tl42c6k said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2tl42c6k said:
tandark":2tl42c6k said:
joker / troll.

Troll? LOL.

Facts you say?

To be fair to him do you think we will ever have more than 17,400 in the ground? That does appear to be pretty spot on with our segregation for big fixtures.

It was 17400 before segregation

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
jimsing":2lf8ulug said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2lf8ulug said:
Adam_R":2lf8ulug said:

There is NO opportunity, Grumpy.

Whatever we are missing, it is NOT an opportunity. There is NOTHING to miss.

There is NO MONEY to fund it.

What part of that are you unable to comprehend?
Is it quite as black and white as that though? Would you not have said several months ago there was no magical 5 million about to appear never mind the further monies the club are putting towards the roof etc?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Quizmike":1u4l0bh0 said:
jerryatricjanner":1u4l0bh0 said:
Quizmike":1u4l0bh0 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1u4l0bh0 said:
tandark":1u4l0bh0 said:
joker / troll.

Troll? LOL.

Facts you say?

I know that Mike but even then depending what segregation there turns out to be it's not too far off the mark is it? You have picked out one thing. How about answering the claim that we were conned or misled a little with pictures of a completed phase 2 when that was actually all a bit pie in the sky at this stage? I am not trying to be an apologist for Grumpy but there is a little bit of a mob mentality sometimes and cheap accusations of trolling sometimes rather than answer points made in a reasonable manner.

May 16, 2016
Not sure where this idea of people being duped comes from. It was explained at the day the plans were displayed at the Club that Phase 2 would be completed as and when funds were available. Without going back over this thread, I'm sure its been said before the OS announced the plans.

The windfalls from Cup run and Promotion run in crowds helped to modify the plans and consider preparation for Phase 2.

I don't consider myself a dupee, bit of selective outrage being displayed I think.

Send three n fourpence.

Aug 5, 2005
jerryatricjanner":3d2kqrcy said:
Quizmike":3d2kqrcy said:
jerryatricjanner":3d2kqrcy said:
Quizmike":3d2kqrcy said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3d2kqrcy said:
tandark":3d2kqrcy said:
joker / troll.

Troll? LOL.

Facts you say?

I know that Mike but even then depending what segregation there turns out to be it's not too far off the mark is it? You have picked out one thing. How about answering the claim that we were conned or misled a little with pictures of a completed phase 2 when that was actually all a bit pie in the sky at this stage? I am not trying to be an apologist for Grumpy but there is a little bit of a mob mentality sometimes and cheap accusations of trolling sometimes rather than answer points made in a reasonable manner.

I am replying to his post to me and specific points made by him to me. I don't see how that marks me out as 'mob mentality'.

Feb 8, 2005
davie nine":p5hhil3h said:
He is certainly Grumpy but you have to wonder who he thinks that he is being Loyal to.

I think that many of us could have predicted who would be the first to come out with cynical, rather than constructive, comments following the questions answered by the Board.

Seems to be a bit of a moaner, with a bit of the odd dreamer thrown in as well.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
The Grumpy Loyal":8oetyza0 said:
Adam_R":8oetyza0 said:

What colour is the sky on your planet?