Have Faith! Its September. | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Have Faith! Its September.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Thomas Edwards":1xsnlt7c said:
Crystal Palace under Iain Dowie.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they go from virtually bottom of the table at Christmas to promoted some years ago?

Proves there is no crisis in September.

Or maybe it's the exception that proves the rule.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
crownhillpilgrim":le2c0hpt said:
Thomas Edwards":le2c0hpt said:
Crystal Palace under Iain Dowie.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they go from virtually bottom of the table at Christmas to promoted some years ago?

Proves there is no crisis in September.

Or maybe it's the exception that proves the rule.

Exeter last year?

Sep 6, 2006
GreenArmy1984":eoq06c38 said:
I predict we will beat Exeter City next Tuesday & progress in the checkatrade trophy

The Road To Wembley :thumbs:

Thats such a relief. Are we going to beat Rovers too?

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Knarf Reprah":1aiokprd said:
raffertymariner":1aiokprd said:
Knarf Reprah":1aiokprd said:
Biggs":1aiokprd said:
To call it the 'Big One' given our situation and the well-known feeling toward that competition, is either very silly or a wind-up. I'd veer toward the latter given you must know how people would react to that.

I'd gladly take a 10-0 defeat v Exeter, if we got 6 points in the next two league games.

Spot on, and of course it's a wind up....l.li for one get very wound up with greenarmy1984's banal drum banging .....the modswont like it, but I must comment that he rarely attends matches, just seems to get a kick out of constantly posting ridiculous, pointless posts. I'll probably get a warning now, but why is nothing done about this frankly imho childish clown?

:facepalm:

Totally out of order .... you may dislike his positive posting style and content but to criticise him for not attending matches and resorting to personal attacks is pathetic and says a lot about you. He is never abusive, unlike you, and the strength of this forum is the broad church of argyle supporters with a wide spectrum of opinions and posting styles. 'childish clown' ? ... have a good look at yourself.

I'm responding to his comment about Tuesday

Frank

life is too short to be like this

We Are ALL Argyle Fans

Time to move on & COYGs :scarf:

Aug 13, 2011
Yes that's true it's now October and we are still losing every game. The only way the season can be resurrected is with an injection of talented players. January is now crucial.

Feb 8, 2005
crownhillpilgrim":qmu4r5rl said:
Rarely do clubs part with talented players in January - unless lots of money is forthcoming (which we know it won't be)

We didn't do too bad last year!

Mar 14, 2009
He wont be sacked I don't believe.

When Brent hired him he said Adams is more than just a manager. He has given him license to rebuild the club. I am thinking for example the improved training ground facilities is something he had an influence on.

I think Brent will allow him to see out the season and IF he takes us down will give him the chance to rebuild for next season. He already states that he works in 6 month cycles with regards to transfer windows so watch out for a massive clear out come January. You may say too little, too late by then but I have a hunch Brent believes in stability and has given Adams 4 years because he believes that he is the best we can currently get for Plymouth Argyle.

Personally, I think John Coleman of Accrington would be perfect for Argyle. Brings through youngsters, works well with a very tight budget and most importantly they play good football.

However, as Adams is in charge I will just get behind him because I think that he will learn a lot from this experience. It may cost us our league 1 status but its up to him to then prove he is the right man to take Argyle forward.

Jul 13, 2006
crownhillpilgrim":13ivt5pd said:
Rarely do clubs part with talented players in January - unless lots of money is forthcoming (which we know it won't be)
Rarely do talented players want to come to struggling clubs too!

Nov 25, 2015
Iā€™d give him four more league matches. He deserves time to turn it round but we canā€™t wait until thereā€™s no hope left of staying up.
Taylor and Threlkeld will make a big difference to the team. But Iā€™m starting to think that this group of players havenā€™t got the quality required.
Whoever is in charge in January itā€™s absolutely imperative that they get a far better level of player.