Have your say on the catering at Home Park | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Have your say on the catering at Home Park

Jul 7, 2005
memory man":y876qzje said:
Lundan Cabbie":y876qzje said:
I didn't realise there was any catering unless you count serving pasties from a hot cabinet. I'm pretty sure they're not made on the premises.
Quote direct from Goddard, Borough Green, Kent. Sean says: “We are so excited to be the sole providers of pies to Crystal Palace fans and players and are especially proud of our special Cronx Steak & Ale pie. As a business that goes back over 120 years and with roots firmly in South London, this collaboration will put Goddard’s pies in the hands of many more locals than ever before. Couple that with the excitement of Premiership football coming back to South East London, we feel it will be a great season all round.” So it looks like their pies are not cooked on the premiises either. Add to that the high quality of the food served in the Tribute at Home Park, this begins to look a bit like "people in glass houses" or a lack of knowledge.

You're not accusing a cabbie of a lack of knowledge surely MM. As most people realise, just like teenagers, cabbies know everything.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
memory man":ndlanjbq said:
Lundan Cabbie":ndlanjbq said:
I didn't realise there was any catering unless you count serving pasties from a hot cabinet. I'm pretty sure they're not made on the premises.
Quote direct from Goddard, Borough Green, Kent. Sean says: “We are so excited to be the sole providers of pies to Crystal Palace fans and players and are especially proud of our special Cronx Steak & Ale pie. As a business that goes back over 120 years and with roots firmly in South London, this collaboration will put Goddard’s pies in the hands of many more locals than ever before. Couple that with the excitement of Premiership football coming back to South East London, we feel it will be a great season all round.” So it looks like their pies are not cooked on the premiises either. Add to that the high quality of the food served in the Tribute at Home Park, this begins to look a bit like "people in glass houses" or a lack of knowledge.

My point being, the catering at Home Park is only experienced by the few who get to use the Tribute Lounge so why ask everyone? If I was asking Palace fans on the quality of Goddards' Special Cronx Steak and Ale Pie, I wouldn't ask the Holmesdale Fanatics because they rarely go into the restaurants where it is served. If Argyle meant the quality of the pasties and service in the snack kiosks, then why not say so?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Lundan Cabbie":2vo8pror said:
memory man":2vo8pror said:
Lundan Cabbie":2vo8pror said:

My point being, the catering at Home Park is only experienced by the few who get to use the Tribute Lounge so why ask everyone? If I was asking Palace fans on the quality of Goddards' Special Cronx Steak and Ale Pie, I wouldn't ask the Holmesdale Fanatics because they rarely go into the restaurants where it is served. If Argyle meant the quality of the pasties and service in the snack kiosks, then why not say so?
"Served" but not made on the premises. However, whatever the rights and wrongs of it, perhaps best for everyone that I concede you that you are right and I am wrong.

C

Cult Of Personality

I got a pasty from the ivors van outside argyle because it better bigger and cheaper

Waste of time aswell going to the counter at half time as you miss the 1st 5 mins of the 2nd half ( not a bad thing the way we playing atm ) because they got slow old dears on the counter

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
VerdeMax":3kgz6aq1 said:
Start selling proper pasties and not those horrible, crumbly Pilgrim ones. Who on earth voted for them??? :doh:

Agreed. :sigh:

The Fanfest is the best value and makes the whole day worthwhile. Often has been a better part of the day than the match. :thumbs: Pasties are OK'ish, but decent value as part of the package.

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
Cult Of Personality":2wqav6np said:
I got a pasty from the ivors van outside argyle because it better bigger and cheaper

Waste of time aswell going to the counter at half time as you miss the 1st 5 mins of the 2nd half ( not a bad thing the way we playing atm ) because they got slow old dears on the counter
The £2 pasties are way better than Dewdneys

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
pedro91":2imq04lx said:
Cult Of Personality":2imq04lx said:

The £2 pasties are way better than Dewdneys

Agree with you mate, me and my dad have one before each game now they are lovely.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
VerdeMax":s19en3qe said:
Start selling proper pasties and not those horrible, crumbly Pilgrim ones. Who on earth voted for them??? :doh:

Wasn't it the readers of the Herald who got to vote for which pasties the club should sell? Why they didn't ask the supporters I don't know.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Lundan Cabbie":n5rolbb2 said:
VerdeMax":n5rolbb2 said:

Wasn't it the readers of the Herald who got to vote for which pasties the club should sell? Why they didn't ask the supporters I don't know.

That vote was from the Robert Mugabe school of democracy

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Allow season ticket holders to purchase food and drink with their season ticket card.

It happens at a number of stadiums, although, I wouldn't want the club to go the whole way and make the home end cashless.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Easy way to make it quicker to be served with a coffee etc before the game or half time, is to keep playing c*** like the last two games, that way, like yesterday no queuing

Jan 6, 2004
Two simple suggestions

1. Sell Dewdneys pasties (although not in the away end as non-Plymouthians hate them!).
2. Improve the efficiency of service (not rocket science, other clubs manage to serve at twice the rate - have a drinks only service area with drinks being pre-poured behind the service area)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I have a Bluebird supporting pal who regularly drives down and picks up 20 Ivors to take back to the valleys.