Have your say on the catering at Home Park | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Have your say on the catering at Home Park

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Do what they do over here, rent out locations all over the stadium to various caterers, have a pasty seller, have a burger joint, have a pizza place, etc. The sports teams here do not get involved in the catering field for the normal spectators, The companies here bid on the locations and sign leases per season, and probably give a percentage of their profits.
That way the spectators get what they want and the club dont have to worry about it, if the spectators dont like a particular vendor they wont buy and that vendor wont be back the next season.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
The only way that catering could be worse would be for them to start selling Ivors -horrible things.

Overpriced garbage with poor quality ingredients used.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Lewis pasties sold from the van parked on the corner of Seagrave Road are excellent and just £2.

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
60s &70s catering was good, downhill since. Always used pre-match and H/T. Haven't used now for many years until twice last season. 1st, bought pasty I couldn't stomach to finish. 2nd time purchased an overpriced coffee, I took 2/3 sips of and ditched.

Plenty of very good pasty firms these days £2 - £2.40. My favourite of good steak, swede, onion,etc, ( though admit I do like Ivors's also) plus many other available fillings and pies. How come, in many years, we haven't had a decent one.

No fried onion available for the relatively pricey hot dogs/burgers, soup, egg or bacon rolls, pizza, ultra expensive confectionary, no veggie or healthy options etc. Expensive, ineddible products at exorbitant prices after a long time queing. Non-existant disabled access or priority section.
No Thanks. :thumbdown:

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
IJN":3t4njoeo said:
I have a Bluebird supporting pal who regularly drives down and picks up 20 Ivors to take back to the valleys.

Have you not told him to keep driving for an extra 20 minutes for the real deal? Some friend you are :twisted: :lol:

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but to speed up queue time pre pour the beers. I'd be fairly confident in saying most football fans are species of habit and that there's a fairly consistent average of beers in demand pre match and at half time. Other football grounds I've attended have used this to their advantage and have one person pouring beers constantly and another taking them to the customer. Although there's a risk some will be poured, not sold and wasted I think that would be minimal if worked out logically and would increase customer satisfaction and also allow more people to be serve in the 15 minute half time break.

In short: you know who's coming and what they want. Be prepared.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
£2.20 for a quality product is still better than paying £3 for something made from soggy pastry, minced rat and gone off veg at the ground tho.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
With it now being Season Ticket renewal time, there is dissension amongst Palace fans where supporters who frequent the Main Stand have found that next years ticket will be £100 more expensive but includes £100 credit for the bars, restaurants and snack outlets. Many of those complaining are those tht prefer to eat and drink before entering the stadium. Surely this will only make queues longer.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Lundan Cabbie":3ql5elb4 said:
With it now being Season Ticket renewal time, there is dissension amongst Palace fans where supporters who frequent the Main Stand have found that next years ticket will be £100 more expensive but includes £100 credit for the bars, restaurants and snack outlets. Many of those complaining are those tht prefer to eat and drink before entering the stadium. Surely this will only make queues longer.

I barely spend a tenner in the catering units inside Home Park (though do spend some in the Fans Fests) so I would hate it if they did that here.

Thankfully I can't see such a scheme coming to Home Park as the queues are ridiculously long already, they won't want to make them even longer!

Mar 9, 2011
Lundan Cabbie":1ksses4y said:

Blimey, non the wonder they are complaining. It's ok if you can afford to do this and you regularly use the facilities - but unfair on those who want to follow a pre match ritual elsewhere.

Wouldn't want to see something like that implemented here - not that I think it would be.