Herald Article (fan refused coach seat) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Herald Article (fan refused coach seat)

Aug 2, 2011
Good to get the facts. Very sorry to hear of what must have been an absolute nightmare of a journey back to Plymouth. I salute your commitment to the greens you deserve a medal from the club!

Doc

Nov 15, 2011
Plymouth
IJN":3oy3ev0n said:
Well there is, you made a comment they were unprofessional and I would say that the majority of people would say it was a nice touch to do what they did.
It would have been an even nicer touch if they had phoned back last week, instead of ignoring her.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No one could argue with that, I was merely making the point that to make contact during a social evening was a nice touch, not an unprofessional one.

Sep 18, 2004
West in East Anglia
I thought that the Football Club lost control of the Travel Club when the dreaded administration hit us. It then was passed to the Plymouth Argyle Supporters Club to administer. If so, this is why cards are not accepted as it affects the transfer of monies between organisations.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
PAFC Norfolk":4w3lxlaf said:
I thought that the Football Club lost control of the Travel Club when the dreaded administration hit us. It then was passed to the Plymouth Argyle Supporters Club to administer. If so, this is why cards are not accepted as it affects the transfer of monies between organisations.
You'll have to excuse my ignorance, 'cause I've never travelled with the official supporters club, but who exactly takes the bookings for away games?
I was under the impression you just rang or rocked up to the box office at anytime and booked your coach ticket. I don't understand this 'cash and cheques' only thing.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Regardless of the unfortunate circumstances of this situation, this is another example of what Argyle supporters are prepared to do to support our club.

Jo is, obviously, a dedicated supporter and,from reading what she is prepared to go through to support her club, she must be a strong candidate for Supporter of the Year or some other acknowledgement of her admirable determination.

Good luck Jo!!!

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ghost":1ckv0bis said:
PAFC Norfolk":1ckv0bis said:
You'll have to excuse my ignorance, 'cause I've never travelled with the official supporters club, but who exactly takes the bookings for away games?
I was under the impression you just rang or rocked up to the box office at anytime and booked your coach ticket. I don't understand this 'cash and cheques' only thing.
The club act like a middle man and take the bookings. They then hand over the cash and cheques to the Plymouth Supporters Branch Travel Club.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
metroace":3g5y9d29 said:
IJN":3g5y9d29 said:
That really doesn’t surprise me LC. There’s some lovely people involved but they are very 1950’s.

As for Jo’s comment I find the ‘unprofessional’ comment (re Martyn Starnes and Nicki Errington) very harsh.

Agreed. If Martyn and Nikki had ignored Jo at the function, that would have been another story for the Herald. I'm glad Jo believes the matter is dealt with now. Hopefully now the travel club can arrange to take card payments. This would greatly assist non-Plymouth based fans when making bookings with them.

How easy that hope will be I do not know, for I believe the card machines require either a telephone or a wifi link. Perhaps they have 'moved on since my day. I just think it was a shame that there were so many missed calls which brought this situation about.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":28y65tmd said:
Ghost":28y65tmd said:
PAFC Norfolk":28y65tmd said:
The club act like a middle man and take the bookings. They then hand over the cash and cheques to the Plymouth Supporters Branch Travel Club.
Ah, thanks for that.

Mar 3, 2012
Ghost":2jzshh91 said:
PAFC Norfolk":2jzshh91 said:

When I paid for my Bradford coach travel, I used my debit card at the box office? So how is that cash only.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
liamkite1":26prpckc said:
Ghost":26prpckc said:
PAFC Norfolk":26prpckc said:

When I paid for my Bradford coach travel, I used my debit card at the box office? So how is that cash only.

You shouldn't have been allowed to, we have been turned away and asked to come back with cash for the coach in the past, the box office were happy to take payment for the match tickets by card but not the coach.

Aug 8, 2017
[/quote] When I paid for my Bradford coach travel, I used my debit card at the box office? So how is that cash only.[/quote]

Nikki has confirmed that your payment was taken in error by a new member of Saturday staff but it is not something that will be allowed to happen on a regular basis.

Apr 5, 2008
Feel very sorry for you Jo

What an absolutely shambles.

A registered blind person not allowed to get on a coach with 10-15 spare seats,total disgrace .

Do people not have any common sense anymore.

Maybe someone can explain from the club why they refused her to get on the coach,meaning she would have so much hassle to get home!!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
moles40":fnlhv7va said:
Feel very sorry for you Jo

What an absolutely shambles.

A registered blind person not allowed to get on a coach with 10-15 spare seats,total disgrace .

Do people not have any common sense anymore.

Maybe someone can explain from the club why they refused her to get on the coach,meaning she would have so much hassle to get home!!

Have you not been paying attention?

1) it’s not the club per se, it is the travel club. Argyle only take the payment for coach travel as a curtesy which is why it’s not set up to accept credit card payments for coaches.

2) The coach driver was asked to accept a cash payment which would in turn invalidate insurance for everyone on the coach in case of an accident.