Highlights | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Highlights

Mar 14, 2009
I got to say I love our 2nd goal. The flick, the volleyed cross.....the powerful header...its just a really beautiful piece of football.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Chris Errington reported that we had a 3-5-2 formation last night which is surprising, from those who were at the game is this correct?

May 8, 2011
Re attendance.. There were only 3 sides of the ground used. The terrace under the camera position was closed.
Re Shirt Colours: I had real problems telling the two apart especially when the play was down the other end. The poor lights may not have helped but I had the same problem at the league game. I am colour blind so that our home shirts look brown not green to me so that may also be the reason.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Cobi Budge.":cqa67rf4 said:
Brilliant pass from Brunt for our first goal.

Can't really see it from that angle but Jervis looks as if he makes a gesture toward the home fans :lol: Love players who get the crowd wound up.

Hope you remember that when it happens at home park and (dare I say it) that player is Clinton Morrison.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I hope Cobi remembers it too. Great to see quality crossing and finishing again. The team looks full of goals with the way Adams has them set up now. There will be times we get caught out at the back but hell it's a lot more exciting with the onus on trying to outscore the opposition rather than concede less.

Mar 14, 2009
jerryatricjanner":fzfr63by said:
I hope Cobi remembers it too. Great to see quality crossing and finishing again. The team looks full of goals with the way Adams has them set up now. There will be times we get caught out at the back but hell it's a lot more exciting with the onus on trying to outscore the opposition rather than concede less.

It is better to be positive.

I do think though we can see at times we have been fortunate not to concede. That surely that type of fortune wont always go our way so it will be interesting to see peoples reaction when we lose in this manner because we didn't shut up shop.

Gillingham game springs to my mind. However, it was a very good game but will this be enough for people?

Personally, loving the football. We all wanted to see Argyle become more expansive, exciting and energetic. I can accept losing as long as we have a go. Too many seasons its like we go out and play and are scared of losing. Now we just play to win.

I never fell out of love with Argyle. It just became one of those relationships where you feel taken for granted. Now how can you not fall in love with your Argyle all over again? Especially, when you see beautiful goals like Argyles 2nd last night. :scarf:

If this is a false dawn, its one of best I've seen for some time!!

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Metal_Green_Mickey":2ur31tv4 said:
jerryatricjanner":2ur31tv4 said:

It is better to be positive.

I do think though we can see at times we have been fortunate not to concede. That surely that type of fortune wont always go our way so it will be interesting to see peoples reaction when we lose in this manner because we didn't shut up shop.

Gillingham game springs to my mind. However, it was a very good game but will this be enough for people?

Personally, loving the football. We all wanted to see Argyle become more expansive, exciting and energetic. I can accept losing as long as we have a go. Too many seasons its like we go out and play and are scared of losing. Now we just play to win.

I never fell out of love with Argyle. It just became one of those relationships where you feel taken for granted. Now how can you not fall in love with your Argyle all over again? Especially, when you see beautiful goals like Argyles 2nd last night. :scarf:

If this is a false dawn, its one of best I've seen for some time!!
:clap:
Hell Yeah.
I'll drink to that.

C

Cobi Budge.

Ade the green":1i54ddsi said:
Cobi Budge.":1i54ddsi said:

Can't really see it from that angle but Jervis looks as if he makes a gesture toward the home fans :lol: Love players who get the crowd wound up.

Hope you remember that when it happens at home park and (dare I say it) that player is Clinton Morrison.

I shall, but the reason I've slated Morrison is because he didn't even score the goal, therefore it looked embarrassing.

I've got no problem with our goal scorers trying to wind up the opposition fans, therefore I have no problem when it's the other way round, I do react, I get angry, but it's part of the game, it creates a better atmosphere and gives games a real edge.

Tubbs did it for Pompey, I reacted furiously at the time but in reality, I've got not issue with it.

Fans try to wind up players therefore they should be able to give a bit back.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Cobi Budge.":28vs2wzt said:
Ade the green":28vs2wzt said:
Cobi Budge.":28vs2wzt said:

I shall, but the reason I've slated Morrison is because he didn't even score the goal, therefore it looked embarrassing.

I've got no problem with our goal scorers trying to wind up the opposition fans, therefore I have no problem when it's the other way round, I do react, I get angry, but it's part of the game, it creates a better atmosphere and gives games a real edge.

Tubbs did it for Pompey, I reacted furiously at the time but in reality, I've got not issue with it.

Fans try to wind up players therefore they should be able to give a bit back.

See, that's where we're different. I have an intense dislike when players have done this in the past, Ashley Barnes being the obvious culprit which is why I'd rather our players didn't do it. What better way to wind up the opposition fans after scoring a goal is there than to score another. Same when players are fouled, Gary Linaker was probably the most fouled English player of his time. His only reaction was to smile whilst the tackler was booked then waited for the free kick.

I do remember a thread last season when you were apoplectic on here (a few hours after the match) that a opposing player had gestured towards the crowd after that particular set of fans was continuously on his back. As I said it goes both ways and to condone our players of doing it whilst condemning others is hypocritical.

C

Cobi Budge.

In the heat of the moment, before I've calmed down, yeah it sometimes sends me mad. But that's the thing, I don't mind that, it adds to the atmosphere & edge, and it makes me just wanna get behind the team even more.

As long as its not overly offensive I don't have a problem with it. Just a bit of fun. Swings and roundabouts.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Cobi Budge.":1ixqxkjg said:

i agree cobi.a stunning diagonal ball from our own half to greased lightning jake.i know all clubs do it but why did the pirates let brunt go? :D

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Steve Evans":1z3tkz9f said:
Cobi Budge.":1z3tkz9f said:

i agree cobi.a stunning diagonal ball from our own half to greased lightning jake.i know all clubs do it but why did the pirates let brunt go? :D

Didn't he have medical problems that were badly managed?