Highlights | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Highlights

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Steve Evans":3d4656ji said:
Cobi Budge.":3d4656ji said:
Brilliant pass from Brunt for our first goal.

i agree cobi.a stunning diagonal ball from our own half to greased lightning jake.i know all clubs do it but why did the pirates let brunt go? :D

The mother of all assists !

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's funny how we couldn't take throw-ins with much success last season (I'm not popping at Sheridan, it's just a fact) with the ball usually finding an opposition player and yet this season we've just scored two goals in consecutive games where both moves started from a throw-in!

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
PL2 3DQ":brudnkun said:
It's funny how we couldn't take throw-ins with much success last season (I'm not popping at Sheridan, it's just a fact) with the ball usually finding an opposition player and yet this season we've just scored two goals in consecutive games where both moves started from a throw-in!
Attention to the basics?

A

argyle flyer

Not only is it great to us scoring off throw ins as opposed to giving away possession, I have just watched the goals from August and it's very promising to see goals coming from all over the team, especially the midfield.

Not only that the quality of these goals have been superb and wouldn't look out of place in the championship, long may it continue.

C

Cobi Budge.

LG":3rlwl3ag said:
PL2 3DQ":3rlwl3ag said:
Attention to the basics?

Yep.

Under the previous manager, we seemed to do the complicated stuff well at times, but when it came to the basics, we didn't have a clue, which to me indicated either lack of training (I know from an ex youth player, they didn't train much, with Sheridan there anyway) or a lack of structure during training.

The basics include throw ins, set piece defending, set piece delivery, basic short to mid-range passing, all of these fundamentals seem to have been addressed by DA, & then built upon.

We look a much better side. Also, we looked fairly fit last season, but this season, the fitness levels are Pulis-esc.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I think Adams has made improvements right across the board and lots of small changes can add up to a big overall improvement (a la Clive Woodward's philosophy) .

The first thing that struck me when I first watched us under Adams was how much more professional the warm up was! I know it's early days but I've got a good feeling about our manager.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Steve Evans":1a5te8h1 said:
Cobi Budge.":1a5te8h1 said:
Brilliant pass from Brunt for our first goal.

i agree cobi.a stunning diagonal ball from our own half to greased lightning jake.i know all clubs do it but why did the pirates let brunt go? :D
It goes without saying that if he is keeping Tyler out he has to be a decent player!

C

C. Slade

warney":1juo5kgd said:
I think Adams has made improvements right across the board and lots of small changes can add up to a big overall improvement (a la Clive Woodward's philosophy) .

The first thing that struck me when I first watched us under Adams was how much more professional the warm up was! I know it's early days but I've got a good feeling about our manager.

Great that D.A. involved and overseeing warm up, in his collar and tie. Class

C

Cobi Budge.

I don't think I ever spotted Sheridan or indeed Fletcher observe the warm up. Both's managers teams had quite muddled, unprofessional pre match & half time warm ups. Peter Reid's team had a professional warm up, he observed training from the dugout. DA both observes & comes out onto the pitch during the warm up, the players know he's around, the routine is quite intense, every player knows what they are doing.

There's more to it than DA just getting bored in his office, it's quite clever, the standard shoots up when he's out there. Great to see.