highlights | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

highlights

Jul 7, 2006
Bristol
Didn't Chadwick get sent off for something similar just before JS was appointed - Just ran at someone and took them out straight after KO?

Angle for the first red makes it difficult to see, but looks like the ref had a clear view, second was stonewall - as others have said Jervis would have been clean through with Goodwillie, not a LO player in sight, their man knew exactly what he was doing and taking one for the team. Good goals, lovely little flick for the first and I'm sure that's not the first time a goal has been scored from Purrington laying it back to someone this season (was Carey the other one?), lovely unselfish play.

Mar 8, 2016
two of the easiest red card decisions the ref will ever make. it did however make the match a non contest, yes orient were resilient but the result was never in doubt if Iam honest, was a strange match to watch, attack vs defence with argyle trying to find space in and around the 18yard box to create an opening. 5 points clear at the top of the league is outstanding at this stage of the season. Well done argyle.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
GreenBath":3dibof98 said:
Didn't Chadwick get sent off for something similar just before JS was appointed - Just ran at someone and took them out straight after KO?

Angle for the first red makes it difficult to see, but looks like the ref had a clear view, second was stonewall - as others have said Jervis would have been clean through with Goodwillie, not a LO player in sight, their man knew exactly what he was doing and taking one for the team. Good goals, lovely little flick for the first and I'm sure that's not the first time a goal has been scored from Purrington laying it back to someone this season (was Carey the other one?), lovely unselfish play.

Chadwick - not quite.

It was a 4-0 defeat at Vale. From kick off he took someone out in an off the ball incident, but, was not punished. Vale took the lead and from the restart a similar incident occurred and he was then dismissed. Sheridan was appointed the Monday after.

Jan 31, 2010
Worcester
demportdave":1u67d2gq said:
LeonTheGreen":1u67d2gq said:
I think considering it was only 20 seconds in, the first should have been a yellow. The second was a red, Jervis was in. Good to see the two Cambridge boys scoring, Spencers was a clever finish.
Very easy for a lot of Refs to hide behind it being so early in the game, but an assault like that is a red card in the first, last or any other minute. The time was irrelevant and he didn't deserve the benefit of the doubt anyway. The second is a blatant Red, clearly the last man.

I am hardly objective in my viewpoint but all too often, defenders take a chance and commit a bad foul early on in the hope the Ref will only show a Yellow at worse, so hats off to Breakspear for having the bottle to dish out a couple of Reds against the home team.

THIS

Jan 31, 2010
Worcester
cheshiregreen":1yi705j5 said:
GreenBath":1yi705j5 said:

Chadwick - not quite.

It was a 4-0 defeat at Vale. From kick off he took someone out in an off the ball incident, but, was not punished. Vale took the lead and from the restart a similar incident occurred and he was then dismissed. Sheridan was appointed the Monday after.

The first game I took my boys to - glad to say they weren't put off for life!

cheshiregreen":w31rdh7y said:
GreenBath":w31rdh7y said:

Chadwick - not quite.

IIRC, he was punished retrospectively for the earlier elbow, and ended up with something like a 6 game suspension. Not often you see retrospective punishments dealt out in League 2!

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
jimbo_the_green":121giym8 said:
I thought the first was more open to interpretation. The second was stonewall

I agree. Difficult to see contact on Purrington but with Jakes pace and scoring ability that was a goal so he had to go

Aug 5, 2016
The Chadwick red card was always suspicious to me. He did it in the first half and then did it in the second - running straight to the first opponent he saw and elbowing them in the jaw. Conveniently with the ref and linesman looking at the ball with him in their direct line of vision. Hardly a sneaky one was it.

Around that time other lower league footballers were sent to prison for getting sent off in exchange for cash. Argyle had no manager at the time to punish him, so it was a convenient time for a player to get a red.

Like the Leyton Orient reds last (a two footed lunge straight from kick off with the ref looking right at him?) makes me wonder how often it might happen under the radar.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Brilliant flick from DG for the first.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
The foul on Purrington was "studs up" and dangerous. He had to go. The one on Jervis was wild and was perhaps more dubious. I'd have been livid if given against us.

Jun 11, 2012
Mark Pedlar":248wg5y9 said:
The foul on Purrington was "studs up" and dangerous. He had to go. The one on Jervis was wild and was perhaps more dubious. I'd have been livid if given against us.
The severity of the foul is completely irrelevant; Jervis was through on goal.

Apr 1, 2009
Orient (caretaker) manager disputes the first sending off, but agrees with ref on the second one.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Both reds... 1st was nowhere near the ball had he properly caught Purrington it could have broken his leg. 2nd was clean through so no choice.

Sep 26, 2009
Plymouth
I have to say that watching the highlights from the Orient game some of the passing was
delightful, it is easy to see why we are where are when you see this sort of passing, long may it remain
so, and some kudos for Mr Adams for assembling a side that can perform like this, and once again put us where we belong.