Home Park Grandstand , Western Gate & HHP appln submitted | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Grandstand , Western Gate & HHP appln submitted

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
PL2 3DQ":2ba9choz said:
Biggs":2ba9choz said:
Well I spent all morning at work going through all those 3D images, renders and elevations seeing if I could spot anything new :oops:

There are some new images of the Phase 1 stand without the roof, I have to say those tiers look damn impressive all-seated.

EDIT... That's the bottom image on STAGE 1 3D VIEWS GRANDSTAND, the stand looks huge there.

Those images of the refurbished grandstand are impressive and look good value for the money we have available, it's also good to see the planning application submitted for stage 2 of the refurbishment which signals an intent to get it done soon after stage 1, subject to funding.
The whole project is a good deal for Argyle fans and the people of Plymouth.

Can someone post that image on here? I'm away at the moment and my phone won't display the images. Cheers

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That's the best I can do Monkey.

583VXjY.png

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
That's the one, even though it's basically the same structure I think that looks great.

Normally the roof obscures a fair bit of that top tier so you don't appreciate how big it is. And obviously the whole bottom bit looks 1000x better than the dilapidated concrete mess at the moment.

Feb 8, 2005
I still think it's a shame that we cannot get Safe Standing in the Mayflower (lower tier) instead of seating, but I guess the timing is all wrong, it's not even been approved yet, and the Mayflower celebrations have to take precedent, obviously.

A lot of supporters would be in their element, stood standing there though. Brings back memories just thinking about it.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
How long did it take to get through that lot... Phew! FWIW I worry about the lack of parking, especially with the recent furore about nearby on street parking. Also, I didn't notice any reference to motor cycle parking which if encouraged could free up a few more car parking spaces.
All in all though I very much look forward to the completion of a plan, not the false dawn situations in the past. Tradium wasn't it?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
SwimWithTheTide":2tudup5a said:
Is that the tunnel and changing rooms in the BPE corner? If so, how does phase 2 fit around those?
Good question actually. I'd imagine they'd plan to just put it in place on top, but there doesn't seem to be any space left for a concourse.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
SwimWithTheTide":3r9clnpp said:
Is that the tunnel and changing rooms in the BPE corner? If so, how does phase 2 fit around those?
Yes the changing rooms etc. will be sited in the corner where the old Chisholm lounge is, in the second phase the seating area will be constructed above the changing rooms. I suppose the have thought about the logistics of getting the materials in so wont be to much of an issue.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
GreenArmy1984":224n08xn said:
Exciting Times Ahead :thumbs:

You'd have said that regardless of what was being put forward so as a comment it's fairly meaningless.

Mar 8, 2016
GreenArmy1984":1yw1qrog said:

They could be knocking home park down and replacing it for a supermarket with argyle moving to play at st James's park Exeter and you would still be saying "exciting times"

Looking forward to seeing the end product though. whens this likely to start?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Army green":19809bn2 said:
GreenArmy1984":19809bn2 said:

They could be knocking home park down and replacing it for a supermarket with argyle moving to play at st James's park Exeter and you would still be saying "exciting times"

Looking forward to seeing the end product though. whens this likely to start?

Will the new supermarket sell new Argyle strips?
Exciting times! :thumbs: