HP Facelift - a job for the Trustand other fans/groups | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

HP Facelift - a job for the Trustand other fans/groups

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
So is it all finished or is the hoarding and wall around Bobby's Garden still to get the treatment? Hope so as the re-painted area looks very, very smart now.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
GreenArmyShacks":3bm9i660 said:
I think the supporters have been involved enough considering the supporters trust paid for the revamp dont you ! ! ! !
I'm wondering if you are a trust member (or even an Argyle fan if the truth be said) because it is entirely up to the trust, it's members and the brilliant fans who are prepared to get off their butts for the club to decide when enough is enough. Thankfully we have some amazing fans who are forever getting off their collective arses or are putting their hands in their pockets and should be applauded for their efforts not used as a tool to troll. :furious:

C

chronicgreen

Eh, if you don't know what you're talking about, keep schtum.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Graham Clark":3lyc0ui6 said:
Completely agree, GR

James Brent has a full repairing lease responsibility for the stadium he rents at Home park but only to the standard that the stadium was when he took over responsibility for renting it when he acquired the football club in October 2011. During the time that HHP was planned there was an understandable reluctance to incur any unnecessary expenditure on the stadium when it was anticipated that the grandstand may be demolished. That no longer applies and we have the acknowledged prospect that the grandstand and accompanying facilities will remain unchanged for the foreseeable future and certainly until there is a reasonable prospect of a Plan B being delivered. Being realistic and pragmatic, allowing for planning and construction a new grandstand may be at least two season away at best.

Derek Adams has talked inspiring about building not just a football team but a football club. Building a football club requires the players, management and owners to be as one with the supporters. That support has to be earned and is built upon trust, respect and perhaps most important of all delivery.The redecoration of the iconic gates is evidence of what can be achieved. The same with the removal of the New World signs on the Devonport End. However, there is so much more that needs to be done. Bobby's garden, the toilets in the grandstand, getting the TVs to work in the Lyndhusrt, the named bricks are just some of the items that immediately come to mind that appear to be victims of the football club's parsimonious attitude. I am sure there are others too.

If supporters want to get things done, through the Trust or otherwise, and they are willing ready and able to assist then I would support every initiative to do so. However, the bigger requirements like decent food and drink facilities for supporters pre and post match lies firmly at the door of the football club. They are not fit for purpose, (despite the valiant efforts of the GTs with regard to the 'tent' at least) and any announcement on their improvement, promised back in May, seems as far away as ever. The supporters deserve better and the provision of better facilities remains as ever an essential requisite in building a better football club.

+1 - can the AFT, as a matter of urgency ask the Chairman and CEO what steps can be made asap to make these largely cosmetic but really vital improvements and then report the response here and other fans fora.

Sep 8, 2013
Thoroughly agree with the sentiments and aspirations behind this thread. Let's be smart, let's show professionalism here at HP. Let's not give anybody the idea that we are a run-down club. We are certainly not that. Let's be proud of our club and everything it and we stand for. Am not a Plymouth resident, but would be happy to come down to do a shift if needed. My thanks and gratitude to everyone who has given time and effort to show us at our best. Let's all get behind the club in what I hope will be an exciting season ahead.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
JonB":3l6f9j4x said:
Ok, the tech's defeated me.....
Here's a few snaps taken in Thurs (including showing 'old' against 'new'):
https://flic.kr/p/waUxT9
https://flic.kr/p/wqcYVU
https://flic.kr/p/waUZKm

* edited to add: I've not used my Flickr account for some time & there's not much in it ~ but check out the photos of the pitch from 2010!!! *

Looks excellent that. Huge well done to all the volunteers and the AFT, amazing what a bit of TLC can achieve.