HP Facelift - a job for the Trustand other fans/groups | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

HP Facelift - a job for the Trustand other fans/groups

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Curtesy of Mr. Errington

CKws8y9WcAEDjSk.jpg

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
At the risk of going on and on about this (heaven forbid) would it be rocket science to ask that the Fans' Trust picks this up and runs with it? This is so central to your mandate...
Martyn Starnes was good enough to call me about this the other day and point out that maintenance funds are very very limited at least - the club is dependent upon the goodwill of supporters and local traders for these to be done. The repainted gates are a great example of what can be done when there is co-operation like this.
So, could the Trust meet with Martyn Starnes ASAP, and jointly make a list of the little but hugely important maintenance tasks that need to be done and co-ordinate with the club on how to get them done. I know that loads of local businesses do things for free/to get a mention in the programme, or to get some match tickets.
If a list of tasks could be assembled, some tradespeople identified and requested for help, some fans with a bit of time of their hands who want to help asked, then this can be done.
For example, if people were asked to come in and clean the name bricks, or to cut through the undergrowth of Bobby's Garden, then maybe some of the players/the Manager could come and say hello, give autographs, pose for selfies etc.
This is a club not just a team...
Come on Bob and your AFT Board - this is a really low hanging piece of fruit to get the AFT teeth into...

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Great idea Green Rhino. I'm sure that Derek Adams would be well behind that.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
I agree with GR above. There are loads of little tasks that I'd certainly be happy to help with. Lets hope that H&S doesn't raise its head to put a stop to it.

Feb 9, 2011
Trev501":2b5evzg5 said:
I agree with GR above. There are loads of little tasks that I'd certainly be happy to help with. Lets hope that H&S doesn't raise its head to put a stop to it.

who cares about H&S anyway :whistle:

Dec 21, 2010
Many thanks for your positive comments Green Rhino. It's good to see that the abuse received by the AFT in certain quarters has transmuted into generally positive comments on the completion of this project which we initiated. I have a monthly meeting with Martyn Starnes, with the next one on Friday next week. I will discuss the ideas raised.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I feel a bit embarrassed and almost ashamed.

Can someone enlighten me about 'Bobby's Garden' please?

Surely, there must be other Pasoti members following this thread who are unaware of it's origin and location.

Feb 9, 2011
Green Rhino":3pzg2fn4 said:
GreenArmyShacks":3pzg2fn4 said:
I think the supporters have been involved enough considering the supporters trust paid for the revamp dont you ! ! ! !

Green Army shacks indeed :)

Since the club quite clearly doesn't have the cash, and seemingly can't be bothered, the only way that the ground is going to be in any way short of completely embarrassing is for either supporters to do this, or local businesses for some sort of perk.

Some supporters may want to, many may not. Their choice.

I will assume this is not the positive post you are on about Argyledad :wave:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
grumps":3p979lb3 said:
Trev501":3p979lb3 said:

who cares about H&S anyway :whistle:
I'm sure there's a taxi driver who knows all about it and will be along shortly to inform us all.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
davie nine":66qp87hl said:
I feel a bit embarrassed and almost ashamed.

Can someone enlighten me about 'Bobby's Garden' please?

Surely, there must be other Pasoti members following this thread who are unaware of it's origin and location.
It's the green foliage area between the Devonport and the Mayflower.
Think it was called Bobby's Garden at the time of Bobby Williamson, because that was when it seemed to grow best.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
How to sort Bobby's Garden in one easy go...

2 blokes, 2 weedeaters, 2 hours.

Done and dusted!

Spray the whole damned area with Glyphosate, leave it for a fortnight and chuck grass seed around it!