I thought Pasoti would be buzzing tonight--- | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I thought Pasoti would be buzzing tonight---

Jul 29, 2010
It's Tanner and Garita and loans are half season only now, the 'emergency loans' have gone.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
X Isle":1301cev9 said:
It's Tanner and Garita and loans are half season only now, the 'emergency loans' have gone.
So we can take on new loanees from January for the remaining half of the season, but we would have to purchase Tanner and Garita if we wanted to retain them?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
No I think we can retain them but only for the whole half season, no shorter. Outgoing to league teams the same applies but it's different to non-league.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Mark Pedlar":3al09a73 said:
No I think we can retain them but only for the whole half season, no shorter. Outgoing to league trams the same applies but it's different to non-league.

Thank you--on the face of it we don't look anywhere near as exposed as in previous seasons.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Ollieargyle9":1b7b6gsw said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1b7b6gsw said:
X Isle":1b7b6gsw said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1b7b6gsw said:
IJN":1b7b6gsw said:
So what are you saying, we can't enjoy this until April/May?

Sod that, you had about three seasons of writing RELEGATED, so why can't some of us bask in the sunshine whilst we can.

:scarf:

People with low standards can 'bask' at being 4th division bigwigs. Others have higher standards and expectations.
...is a more succinct but equally valid observation on things :thumbup:

It just makes us seem a far too 'village' for my liking.

Well yeah. Argyle fans getting the bunting out because we're top of the 4th division (sigh) in October, is akin to the 15yr old big kid dribbling the ball around three 10 yr olds and smashing it in the back of the net, before celebrating like he's just won the Champions League.

To be fair to Pompey it's far worse for them. They have double the hardcore fanbase and have a top flight pedigree to boot. Being in this dogpoo division must pain them even more.

What elitist nonsense, are you a Pompey fan in disguise? Shall we whip out our attendance figures and compare sizes?

Your analogy makes a little more sense if maybe the 15 year old has just recovered from a serious injury in which doctors told him/her they may never play football again. In has come a sensible donor who funded their surgery and has seen them through the physio to get them playing again. Today is the day they are back training, ok so it's only against 10 year olds but they are at least playing. This 15 year old has been told to prove themselves, get their fitness back and rebuild their leg strength and finally they are doing it and doing it in the style that got them to 15 year old football in the first place.

There is no instant jump back to playing with the other 15 year olds, it doesn't work like that. 15 year old Argyle must earn their stripes again because there is no size/age given right to play among your "equals" (it would be a hell of a boring sport if there was).

As a result the 15 year old may celebrate like they've won the Champions League but having been close to playing 9 year olds twice and faced never playing football again, maybe being promoted back to 11 year old football is a victory worth celebrating because of their journey, because it's their first step in the right direction towards their "rightful place" and because the road to recovery was so very long and awfully bumpy.

Away from the analogy, how many promotions does any one fan get to celebrate in their lifetime? Unless you're a yo-yo club not that many. If you can't enjoy the few chances that come along regardless of division then what is the bleddy point of it all? What are you honestly heading up to Home Park each week hoping to see or looking forward to if not us winning and winning regularly.

:iagree:

I was thinking the same thing and you have saved me the bother of writing something out Ollie.

tonsk

Jan 27, 2012
Its great Argyle are top, but there's a lot of decent teams right behind us DESPITE the great run of results we are on. I said on another post that if we have 2 straight defeats the table would look a bit different. But its a marathon not a sprint. What matters is being in the top 3 when the season ends. That will mean hard work, a bit of luck, and probably keeping hold of Carey.

PS- Reid's injury record isn't that bad to be fair- it was only last season.
He's still a good L2 player in my opinion, despite who he plays for.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
tonsk":11b8rsil said:
Ollieargyle9":11b8rsil said:
The Grumpy Loyal":11b8rsil said:
X Isle":11b8rsil said:
The Grumpy Loyal":11b8rsil said:
IJN":11b8rsil said:
So what are you saying, we can't enjoy this until April/May?

Sod that, you had about three seasons of writing RELEGATED, so why can't some of us bask in the sunshine whilst we can.

People with low standards can 'bask' at being 4th division bigwigs. Others have higher standards and expectations.
...is a more succinct but equally valid observation on things :thumbup:

It just makes us seem a far too 'village' for my liking.

Well yeah. Argyle fans getting the bunting out because we're top of the 4th division (sigh) in October, is akin to the 15yr old big kid dribbling the ball around three 10 yr olds and smashing it in the back of the net, before celebrating like he's just won the Champions League.

To be fair to Pompey it's far worse for them. They have double the hardcore fanbase and have a top flight pedigree to boot. Being in this dogpoo division must pain them even more.

What elitist nonsense, are you a Pompey fan in disguise? Shall we whip out our attendance figures and compare sizes?

Your analogy makes a little more sense if maybe the 15 year old has just recovered from a serious injury in which doctors told him/her they may never play football again. In has come a sensible donor who funded their surgery and has seen them through the physio to get them playing again. Today is the day they are back training, ok so it's only against 10 year olds but they are at least playing. This 15 year old has been told to prove themselves, get their fitness back and rebuild their leg strength and finally they are doing it and doing it in the style that got them to 15 year old football in the first place.

There is no instant jump back to playing with the other 15 year olds, it doesn't work like that. 15 year old Argyle must earn their stripes again because there is no size/age given right to play among your "equals" (it would be a hell of a boring sport if there was).

As a result the 15 year old may celebrate like they've won the Champions League but having been close to playing 9 year olds twice and faced never playing football again, maybe being promoted back to 11 year old football is a victory worth celebrating because of their journey, because it's their first step in the right direction towards their "rightful place" and because the road to recovery was so very long and awfully bumpy.

Away from the analogy, how many promotions does any one fan get to celebrate in their lifetime? Unless you're a yo-yo club not that many. If you can't enjoy the few chances that come along regardless of division then what is the bleddy point of it all? What are you honestly heading up to Home Park each week hoping to see or looking forward to if not us winning and winning regularly.

:iagree:

I was thinking the same thing and you have saved me the bother of writing something out Ollie.

tonsk
I also agree. We're top of the league and if you can't shout it from the rooftops, like Ollie says, what's the point. X Isle says pride comes before a fall and indeed it does, but I'd rather be proud and take the fall when or IF it comes rather than keep my mouth shut.

Sep 23, 2005
Yep it certainly feels good. Being out of the country for a month when we won everything convinced me it would all go belly up when I returned but not so. Manager of the month didn't do it, playing bottom club with a new manager on a rubbish pitch well no not this time. Playing in front of a a big home crowd, well we even thwarted that old "typical Argyle" scenario with our fight back.
Keep putting them to bed Mr Adams and team I'm enjoying this.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
As are most of us mate. Certainly about 1100 of us did in Wales yesterday.

Still basking despite other people wanting to moan on here!

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
There were the inevitable "We're top of the League" chants from the lads stood behind the goal yesterday and that's fair enough and good to hear because we are. But sitting over on the side, the atmosphere was a little more subdued. That's not to say that we didn't enjoy the win; we did, but after last season's capitulation I sense a more cautious attitude among much of the fanbase which is also being reflected on PASOTI.

It's as if we're afraid to get too excited too soon because there are still 30-odd games to play and there will undoubtedly be a number of twists and turns along the way. To date, our results and League position are almost a carbon copy of last year and we all know how that ended up, hence the slightly subdued reaction despite another good win yesterday.

Personally, I think that keeping everyone's feet firmly planted on the ground is the right way to go.

We couldn't do a 'Filbert Bayi' last year, but can we do it this year?

Jul 29, 2010
IJN":2ed7ajif said:
As are most of us mate. Certainly about 1100 of us did in Wales yesterday.

Still basking despite other people wanting to moan on here!

Who is moaning?

All I see is enjoyment, some unrestrained, some restrained and cautious.

No-one is moaning.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I was talking about Oxymoron. He's always moaning.

Mind you, using the word 'village' seems a tad OTT in the scheme of things.

There's enough gloom and doom about, the odd smile now and again does no harm.

May 8, 2011
After 14 games last season we had 29 points, 2 points clear of second and 4 points clear of fourth. We have scored 3 more goals and the goal difference is 1 better so far this season.
This year after 14 games the gap to fourth is 9 points and that is the statistic I'm concentrating on.

Jan 3, 2013
HC Green":kli0p8ry said:
After 14 games last season we had 29 points, 2 points clear of second and 4 points clear of fourth. We have scored 3 more goals and the goal difference is 1 better so far this season.
The gap to fourth is the one I'm concentrating on.

Spot on