I thought Pasoti would be buzzing tonight--- | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I thought Pasoti would be buzzing tonight---

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
wow, some of these people think supporters of any team in the land can only be happy in May? Bit of a waste of the rest of the year really. Why not just buy a ticket for the last game of the season to express ones delight at the seasons achievements.

Apr 26, 2016
To many people sat on there back sides in silence ... yes nervous tension.. but we are top and the lads so far have worked hard and
deserve support well done to the lads bouncing up and down in the corner for supporting there team.
Good job I am a little older and wiser listening to old farts sat around me moaning at every pass, effort and player capability. We are div 4
paying players a grand a week ..

May 1, 2011
Adam_R":2spd484w said:
wow, some of these people think supporters of any team in the land can only be happy in May? Bit of a waste of the rest of the year really. Why not just buy a ticket for the last game of the season to express ones delight at the seasons achievements.

I was very happy with the result and the performance, but I won't be joining on any top of the league chanting until it's mathematically certain, have some not leant from the embarrassment of last year?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I see no reason why supporters should not sing "We are top (of) the League". They are not singing we've won the league and they are telling the team and management, and possibly reminding the opposition, that they are proud of, and excited by, their current achievements.

What's wrong with that?

Keep singing lads!!

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
Bristol Rich":3suxai1c said:
Adam_R":3suxai1c said:

I was very happy with the result and the performance, but I won't be joining on any top of the league chanting until it's mathematically certain, have some not leant from the embarrassment of last year?

It is mathematically certain that we are top of the league.

There is quite a difference between singing "We are top of the league" and "We are going up". One is a statement of fact and the other is hopeful thinking. I have no problem with singing the first and will often join in with the latter, fully aware of banana skins lying in wait!

It's singing. It's supporting. It's celebrating the fact that we ARE top of the league. At least for the next 10 days or so.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Weren't Portsmouth fans singing "up the Football League we go" when they took the lead? That's what you call premature jubilation; completely different to sing about actual promotion than it is to simply enjoy being top while we're here.

Jul 29, 2010
It was all new to us then, and we hadn't just thrown away a season the season before.

No problem with the singing, no problem with enjoying it while it lasts. It's taking it for granted that I have a problem with, expecting it to just happen for us from here on in.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Completely agree mate. My barber was asking about Argyle this morning and when I told him where we were he was saying "so you'll be playing Gills next year". I quickly pointed out the rapid turn of fortune last year to him.

But whilst remaining cautious and not expecting success, or gloating about it, there is nowt wrong with bloody enjoying it while we are in the ascendency.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Exactly right!

Whilst the destination is always the important bit the journey along the way should be enjoyed.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Celebrate each win, be overjoyed at being top of the league, gloating and counting chickens allowed, prepare for disappointment etc. etc., all these things are allowed because at the end of the day it will have no effect on our season. Live and let live, I`m waiting for promotion but am also prepared for the prospect of staying in this god awful league for another term. If negativity from the terraces can be deemed to affect the team negatively then surely positivity can work the same.
Let`s not forget we have a team of "players bought in Poundland". :greensmile:

Jul 2, 2014
khennes_904":np5xsifu said:
Still about 19 points from safety.. :scarf:

Yes, this is my marker. One step at a time. Over last 20 seasons, the 23rd team had an average of 43.9 points. So, first target is 45 points. So another 13 points until a particular nervousness in my stomach goes away.

Then I will remember that Bristol Rovers got relegated with 50 points three seasons ago and won't feel better until we add another 6 points.

Then I will think WTF, why would I even think about not being relegated as a goal? Over the last 20 seasons, the average 7th placed team has had 71 points and I'll be nervous until we have another 19 points.

Then I will remember that Wimbledon was 7th with 75 points to make the playoff last season and won't feel better until we add another 4 points.

Then I will think WTF, playoffs are for suckers who want their hearts ripped out and stamped on. Over the last 20 seasons the 4th placed team has had an average of nearly 79 points and I won't be happy until we have 80 points.

Then I will remember that Stanley got 85 points last season and didn't go up and I'll be nervous until we have 86 points. At that point I'll probably start feeling better.

Then I'll think, after what we have been though over the last 8 years, we the fans deserve a championship. In fact we are owed one just for the @#%* that we have been through on 100 different Saturdays over the last few years. Over the last 20 seasons that has meant 90 points.

If we get there, then I'll crow for a day before thinking WTF, we are now going to the same league where we were when I went to my first game in 1971.

I will now put all this into a box at the back of my mind and focus on Colchester and how all that matters is scoring the first goal. Just keep breathing in and breathing out and enjoy one second at a time.

:scarf:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
justanotherfan":2luw8j46 said:
Celebrate each win, be overjoyed at being top of the league, gloating and counting chickens allowed, prepare for disappointment etc. etc., all these things are allowed because at the end of the day it will have no effect on our season. Live and let live, I`m waiting for promotion but am also prepared for the prospect of staying in this god awful league for another term. If negativity from the terraces can be deemed to affect the team negatively then surely positivity can work the same.
fortunately our manager and his primary assistant were purchased in " 'arrods".

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Steve Evans":3v39z842 said:
justanotherfan":3v39z842 said:

Ain`t that the truth, I just wonder how the poundland pundits feel now. :scarf:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
justanotherfan":1998cbb8 said:
Steve Evans":1998cbb8 said:
justanotherfan":1998cbb8 said:

Ain`t that the truth, I just wonder how the poundland pundits feel now. :scarf:

They'll be telling you that they live in the "real world" and are "realists" and if you wear "gr**n t*nts" you are the anti-christ for having an ounce of positivity.

:lol: