Idiot during Saturday's minute silence | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Idiot during Saturday's minute silence

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Phil Sloggett":3fb2bz9c said:
IJN":3fb2bz9c said:
That's why the applause idea is a far better one.

I really don't think that would have been appropriate for last Saturday though, do you?

No I don't. I meant that the applause idea has spoiled the 'fun' of these idiots in the majority of cases.

It's a hard job that people can't keep their gobs shut for a minute, isn't it?

:facepalm:

Oct 15, 2013
Andy Holland":1cdpe6jq said:
Good god, you really think there's any way to defend shouting things out in the middle of a silence? That's someone trying to be edgy and controversial, not trying to "bring attention" to anything.

This video is embarrassing for the club, and potentially terrible PR - media department should be getting out in front of it ASAP. However, more embarrassing is the fact that I support the same club as this filth.

That's a tad OTT, you know full well what I mean.

I'm not excusing it, I'm pointing out that it wasn't someone shouting "up the city" or "Moyes for PM" or "Hello mum" or something random just to be an idiot.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Yes I think it's a bit disrespectful to Bradford that nobody bothers with them. Whenever the anniversary for that is we should have a minute's silence too.

Nov 4, 2012
UncleBuck":3lsb199r said:
I was sat in the middle of the Lyndhurst and heard the shout. It came from the corner near the family/away end and they said

"What about Bradford?"

I thought it was insensitive to shout out in the middle of a silence but on afterthought it was not a random or obnoxious idiot being stupid, it was someone trying to raise the profile of another football disaster that seemingly doesn't get the same repeated media attention as Hillsborough?

I think it's disgusting that this takes so much precedence over Valley Parade, Heysel, Ibrox etc. It's as if Liverpool are more important than everyone else. Heysel wasn't an accident it was murder by the Liverpool thugs. Never gets a mention let alone delayed kick offs up and down the country.

Aug 10, 2006
PAFC94":rkha12ir said:
UncleBuck":rkha12ir said:
I was sat in the middle of the Lyndhurst and heard the shout. It came from the corner near the family/away end and they said

"What about Bradford?"

I thought it was insensitive to shout out in the middle of a silence but on afterthought it was not a random or obnoxious idiot being stupid, it was someone trying to raise the profile of another football disaster that seemingly doesn't get the same repeated media attention as Hillsborough?

I think it's disgusting that this takes so much precedence over Valley Parade, Heysel, Ibrox etc. It's as if Liverpool are more important than everyone else. Heysel wasn't an accident it was murder by the Liverpool thugs. Never gets a mention let alone delayed kick offs up and down the country.
I agree

Sep 28, 2003
London
mervyn":mot2u1vt said:
The idiot was a couple of rows behind me in zoo corner. he appeared a few sandwiches short of a picnic. The Oxford fans shouting were just outside the entrance, so weren't aware that the minute's silence was in progress.

Did the stewards just ignore it?

And to the others - this isn't about Heysel, this is about this particular incident of crass ignorance, stop diverting the issue, it isn't clever or smart.

Oct 15, 2013
Andy Holland":wwdi0khg said:
mervyn":wwdi0khg said:
The idiot was a couple of rows behind me in zoo corner. he appeared a few sandwiches short of a picnic. The Oxford fans shouting were just outside the entrance, so weren't aware that the minute's silence was in progress.

Did the stewards just ignore it?

And to the others - this isn't about Heysel, this is about this particular incident of crass ignorance, stop diverting the issue, it isn't clever or smart.

Chill out a bit dude.

You could sensationalise the fact that one idiot shouted out a comment or alternatively you could be proud that 7,999 souls were so silent you could hear a text beep 6 blocks away.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Were other victims of disasters repeatedly blamed for their own deaths? Did they die due to establishment incompetence? Was there then a systematic campaign of media, police and government lies to discredit them? Are the people responsible still walking the streets today without any reprecussions?

Just think about it- there's a reason why Hillsborough is different. It is the single biggest scandal in English football history.

As for talk of 'Heysel murders by those Liverpool thugs', well I feel ashamed to even muddy myself by engaging with that sort of crap but I'll give it a go. The hooligans who were responsible for 39 deaths at Heysel were identified and convicted. There was not an establishment, victim blaming cover-up. The people who died at Hillsborough are not the same people who committed offences at Heysel. They merely happened to support the same football club. Don't let your hatred for the city and football club of Liverpool cloud this issue ffs. It could have been ANY of us. There was nearly a very similar incident with Spurs fans in 1981. If the draw had gone the other way, it could have been OUR fans in 1984. It could have been anyone- Liverpool fans were unlucky in that it was them. Stop blaming the victims and associating them with Heysel. Start seeing Hillsborough for what it really is.

Dec 7, 2006
PAFC94":27yu6ved said:
UncleBuck":27yu6ved said:

"What about Bradford?"

Well said - I agree entirely. :mad:

Nov 4, 2012
GreenSam":2yhqm9pr said:
Were other victims of disasters repeatedly blamed for their own deaths? Did they die due to establishment incompetence? Was there then a systematic campaign of media, police and government lies to discredit them? Are the people responsible still walking the streets today without any reprecussions?

Just think about it- there's a reason why Hillsborough is different. It is the single biggest scandal in English football history.

As for talk of 'Heysel murders by those Liverpool thugs', well I feel ashamed to even muddy myself by engaging with that sort of crap but I'll give it a go. The hooligans who were responsible for 39 deaths at Heysel were identified and convicted. There was not an establishment, victim blaming cover-up. The people who died at Hillsborough are not the same people who committed offences at Heysel. They merely happened to support the same football club. Don't let your hatred for the city and football club of Liverpool cloud this issue ffs. It could have been ANY of us. There was nearly a very similar incident with Spurs fans in 1981. If the draw had gone the other way, it could have been OUR fans in 1984. It could have been anyone- Liverpool fans were unlucky in that it was them. Stop blaming the victims and associating them with Heysel. Start seeing Hillsborough for what it really is.

So you're saying because the people responsible for Heysel were convicted we shouldn't remember those who died?

May 1, 2011
GreenSam":3v7ihi8z said:

Spot on, the Hillsborough scandal is so shocking because it shows how endemic corruption is in the police, the very protectors of law and order.

May 1, 2011
PAFC94":3cj5mzs6 said:
GreenSam":3cj5mzs6 said:

So you're saying because the people responsible for Heysel were convicted we shouldn't remember those who died?

Oh grow up you fool. Yes that is what we are saying that those people who died don't matter.

T

Tynan's Dad

GreenSam":2tzscn65 said:

WTF are you on about? It has nothing to do with all that surrounded it. The silence was simply a chance for those who so wished to think about the fact 96 people went out their front door to watch a game of football and never returned.

C

Cobi Budge.

The majority of people partaking in a minutes silence aren't doing it out of political motive, or out of rage.

Leave the politics in the courtroom and let's just think about the 96 people who lost their lives.