If I could bottle this season what would I remember? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

If I could bottle this season what would I remember?

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
This season? High points being the banter on away days, the win at Cheltenham being a real high. The first time we have scored three away from home in over 10 years. The Sponsor's lunch and the sheer delight on my son's face when he was sat next to Super Luke and surrounded by all the first team, followed by an impromptu ground tour by Luke.

The low points, getting to the playoffs and seeing the dream snatched away. The woeful collapse of the team at the end of the season.

On balance though, I'm far happier with things this season than the last two.

Jan 3, 2013
Cerbera":1mxumvik said:
Why? Appalling league, tactically clueless manager and a team containing players who couldn't give a damn

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Cerbera":1nsrrclw said:
This season? High points being the banter on away days, the win at Cheltenham being a real high. The first time we have scored three away from home in over 10 years. The Sponsor's lunch and the sheer delight on my son's face when he was sat next to Super Luke and surrounded by all the first team, followed by an impromptu ground tour by Luke.

The low points, getting to the playoffs and seeing the dream snatched away. The woeful collapse of the team at the end of the season.

Ehhh?

Without digging too deep into my memory banks, MK Dons was a dream then was it? (The goals certainly were).

As for our Play Off dreams being 'snatched' away, I think we simply threw them away!! :twisted:

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
Well, for one we are assured of league football next season and I'm not having sleepless nights worrying about my club being non league for the first time in it's history. Secondly, whichever way you want to look at it, despite the appalling end to the season, we have improved since last season.

Appalling League - agree, no argument from me there. We need to be assured of promotion next season
Tactically Clueless Manager - not sure, certainly he looks one dimensional, but I'd like to see what he does with all the out of contract players in the summer and who he gets in. And how we start next season.
Players who couldn't give a damn - see above.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":iyacz6a1 said:
Cerbera":iyacz6a1 said:

Ehhh?

Without digging too deep into my memory banks, MK Dons was a dream then was it? (The goals certainly were).

As for our Play Off dreams being 'snatched' away, I think we simply threw them away!! :twisted:

We put 4 past Accrington as well a couple seasons back, but let's not let actual statistics spoil a fictional one

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
IJN":6vvna99a said:
Cerbera":6vvna99a said:

Ehhh?

Bugger! I meant that to read "The first time on over 10 years we have scored three away from home in the first half."

And on reflection, yes probably the team snatched away my playoff dream by throwing away the games.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
What would I remember?
As I've only been to 2 matches this season, football wise it'll be the York home match. my James even said despite the result he'd enjoyed the day out :facepalm:
Non football wise, the return of TW. Made my decision easier.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
up_the_line":3cc0nvaw said:
IJN":3cc0nvaw said:
Cerbera":3cc0nvaw said:

Ehhh?

We put 4 past Accrington as well a couple seasons back, but let's not let actual statistics spoil a fictional one

I was there, but Richard did say 3 not 4.