Incoming (Jamie Ness signs) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming (Jamie Ness signs)

P

Piran-Pilgrim

Now got 80's song family Ness in my head

Jamie Ness comes up for air
Takes the ball,with not a care
And with a crash, a bash and a smash
A goal for Jamie Ness.

Jan 7, 2013
Devonportender":3qvj0qzb said:
clokey84":3qvj0qzb said:
Mark Pedlar":3qvj0qzb said:
clokey84":3qvj0qzb said:
If true makes you wonder why he was released?!

Turned down the offer - possibly we offered more or better prospects....
He was one of 4 players not offered a new contract and released.
Same article in Scunthorpe press that said he was a key player in the run in last season said he was one of 4 players not offered deals as manager wanted to freshen up squad. Will likely have been due to the injuries hes had.
Yeah that's what I read too does seem odd if he was that influential at the end of season why he wouldn't be offered at least another year! But hey their loss our gain sounds like a decent signing and I'm sure DA would have seen enough of him whilst he was at Rangers to want him on board.

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
Obviously had some injury problems at Scunthorpe but comes with some pedigree. If he stays fit, he could form a decent partnership alongside Fox at the base of Argyle's midfield allowing the likes of Lameiras, Sarcevic, Ainsworth and, dare I say it, Carey to go and do some damage.

Welcome aboard Mr Ness!

Jul 24, 2009
On the face of it a decent signing, 80 or so games at this level show he can do it at this grade. I must confess to not knowing much about him. Has anyone seen him live, is he a box to box player?

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
third earl of jean":3fqzref2 said:
On the face of it a decent signing, 80 or so games at this level show he can do it at this grade. I must confess to not knowing much about him. Has anyone seen him live, is he a box to box player?

Not seen him live, but his lack of goals would suggest to me he doesn't get near the opposition box an awful lot! I saw a write-up suggesting he's a "tough tackling" midfielder who breaks up play.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
third earl of jean":31hn12xk said:

Herald saying "ball winning midfielder". And to be fair, we do need a good one of those.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
i thought Starnes mentioned 6 in one of the interviews... although i may have imagined it, heard it on TalkSport.... or just made it up. Anyway it's written down now so its PASOTI fact!!!

Jun 24, 2008
I remember he and John Fleck were once quite the prospects at Rangers, with both going onto have decent careers.

Obviously some injury worries but overall I think he's a good signing.

Aug 5, 2016
Devonportender":uihk4kcf said:
clokey84":uihk4kcf said:
Mark Pedlar":uihk4kcf said:
clokey84":uihk4kcf said:
If true makes you wonder why he was released?!

Turned down the offer - possibly we offered more or better prospects....
He was one of 4 players not offered a new contract and released.
Same article in Scunthorpe press that said he was a key player in the run in last season said he was one of 4 players not offered deals as manager wanted to freshen up squad. Will likely have been due to the injuries hes had.

He might have been on very good money, and not really delivered enough over two seasons (with injuries) to warrant a contract extension on similar terms, in his manager's eyes.

It doesn't make him a bad player. He was good enough to get two starts in the League One playoff semi finals. And his Rangers/Stoke background shows he is of decent pedigree.

Looks like a decent signing to me.