Incoming (Jamie Ness signs) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming (Jamie Ness signs)

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Looks a five tenner to me.

No problem with being a released player, ever since we signed Martin Hodge as player of the whatever in that particular year plus one way back when.

But I do wonder when attention will be paid to who'll be contributing to the Goals For column. Even as a team likely in the bottom third of the division for much of the first season, we shall need to score some. And without GC we'll have few who can, but none with regularity. Certainly not Taylor anyhow, much as he might abet.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Gary_Wills":3r2q3jgq said:

No problem with being a released player, ever since we signed Martin Hodge as player of the whatever in that particular year plus one way back when.

But I do wonder when attention will be paid to who'll be contributing to the Goals For column. Even as a team likely in the bottom third of the division for much of the first season, we shall need to score some. And without GC we'll have few who can, but none with regularity. Certainly not Taylor anyhow, much as he might abet.

None of Oxford, Bristol Rovers, Northampton or AFC Wimbledon finished in the bottom third during their first season in League 1, what makes you so sure we will? Especially seen as pre season hasn't even begun yet.

Cobi Budge":3fz6sz5f said:
Gary_Wills":3fz6sz5f said:

None of Oxford, Bristol Rovers, Northampton or AFC Wimbledon finished in the bottom third during their first season in League 1, what makes you so sure we will? Especially seen as pre season hasn't even begun yet.

Absolutely. I believe our promotion team matched any of the previous seasons' promoted teams, and with the new signings we can be far more positive than this.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Cobi Budge":3uxkt639 said:
Bolton released Oscar Threlkeld in League 1 and St Mirren released Graham Carey in the Scottish second division, the fact Ness has just been released by a good Scunthorpe side who were top for much of last season means very little to me. Welcome aboard.
Seen you mention Carey and St Mirren a few times now, but you've got it wrong each time. When Carey was released by St Mirren they were an SPL side and it was clear he didn't want to stay after he'd put in a transfer request in the January window of that season, but that was 2013. He went to Ross County after that and was released in 2015 with Ross County having also survived in the Scottish Premiership.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
A flukey You Tube special, nice.

I said likely, Mr Budge. Not a sure.

And yes signings will influence opinion. Not those joke preseason training friendlies, mind you, they should be paying people to turn up to watch that nonsense, not charging for the privilege. Do Beyoncé and the Bieb pass a hat round for nuggets before singing practice, I doubt it.

Why bot third: just a theory, that I think the stifle home and away and win by a short nose tactics work well at a certain limit and then hit a plimsoll line and might fail frequently thereafter rather than working frequently. The tactics of a Doncaster, sometimes annihilating sometimes paperweight, might fare better.

Theory a failsafe, not at all. Liverpool, worked well. Wembley, embarrassing, pathetic management, and good evidence why Adams isn't brave or imaginative enough yet for England's second tier.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
mervyn":2kujtkul said:
Cobi Budge":2kujtkul said:
Gary_Wills":2kujtkul said:

Absolutely. I believe our promotion team matched any of the previous seasons' promoted teams, and with the new signings we can be far more positive than this.

Exactly. There were no negative thoughts as GW presents in June 2002. Why the epidemic all of a sudden?

Apr 15, 2016
It's not just the teams who went up last year who have a good record either. League 2 teams getting promoted in general do alright for themselves.

Since 2010/2011 (so the past 7 seasons), only one team has gone up and straight back down again - Wycombe - and that was after their relegation back to L2 6 seasons ago (2011/12) so hardly recent. Over the course of those 7 seasons only 2 other teams who have gone up, have come back down again at all. Chesterfield went up in 2010/2011, and Port Vale in 2012-2013. Both got relegated only last season.

So we have every right to feel positive!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
ProfGreen":1xdcgwb0 said:
It's not just the teams who went up last year who have a good record either. League 2 teams getting promoted in general do alright for themselves.

Since 2010/2011 (so the past 7 seasons), only one team has gone up and straight back down again - Wycombe - and that was after their relegation back to L2 6 seasons ago (2011/12) so hardly recent. Over the course of those 7 seasons only 2 other teams who have gone up, have come back down again at all. Chesterfield went up in 2010/2011, and Port Vale in 2012-2013. Both got relegated only last season.

So we have every right to feel positive!
And Swindon, and Shrewsbury, and Crewe, and Crawley, and Bury, and Stevenage, and Chesterfield (Again)

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
There's quite a bit about Ness on various Rangers forums. It seems a fair few seem him as a rebel who walked out on the club when they were in dire straits. Some colourful posts there which would not look out of place in Trainspotting!

Reading other threads it seems they all thought he had good potential a while ago, a good range of passing (seems he's a left footer) but again questioning his fitness record. If fit we could have a cracking signing on our hands.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/2 ... amie-ness/
http://dothebouncy.com/main/threads/loo ... one.46484/

Koala Green":fv4a6mxw said:
There's quite a bit about Ness on various Rangers forums. It seems a fair few seem him as a rebel who walked out on the club when they were in dire straits. Some colourful posts there which would not look out of place in Trainspotting!

Reading other threads it seems they all thought he had good potential a while ago, a good range of passing (seems he's a left footer) but again questioning his fitness record. If fit we could have a cracking signing on our hands.

http://dothebouncy.com/main/threads/loo ... one.46484/

You're not wrong. Try reading those in a Glaswegian accent and you'll think you were IN trainspotting.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I just hope he is not Alan Gow revisited! I will take the guy as he comes and make my judgement based on his play and behaviour towards the Club. I cannot for one moment think that Messrs Adams and Brewster are not aware of his CV.