Incoming! (Lionel Ainsworth signs!) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming! (Lionel Ainsworth signs!)

Apr 30, 2015
Wonder if Carl McHugh played any part in "selling" the club to him. Yes, I know CMcH jilted us at the altar but maybe his experiences north of the border have given him some regret over that decision.

(No, I don't particularly want CMcH back, if you're wondering)

May 21, 2015
Sounds like a player who can sometimes frustrate consistencey wise but also come up with a moment of magic.
Another wee nugget once DA has given him a good pre season?
By my terrible maths thats a goal or assist roughly every 2.5 games during his time at Motherwell which is nae bad.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
tandark":1si72e44 said:
Sounds like a player who can sometimes frustrate consistencey wise but also come up with a moment of magic.
Another wee nugget once DA has given him a good pre season?
By my terrible maths thats a goal or assist roughly every 2.5 games during his time at Motherwell which is nae bad.

Not sure i'd put him in the 'wee nugget' category. He's 29 and has played a lot of games in England.

However, from what I know of him he'll bring a lot of pace which is one of the key things we lacked last season. I remember him being decent at Shrewsbury and by all accounts, the Motherwell fans seem to rate him highly, if not admit he's inconsistent.

Good signing I think.

Plays the same position as Jervis though, would be the only thing that raises some questions for me.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Okay, he'll be okay as a team player. Not stricken with excitement, but not upset by it either. A "Solid" signing I guess you'd say.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Sounds like a decent option from the bench or certain games where we target opposition full backs.

Nov 22, 2006
Looks a good signing on paper, the first and probably not the last signing from North of the border, welcome to Argyle Lionel

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I welcome the guy and wish him success. The only point about him that bothers me, is that over 2012 to 2014 at Rotherham he achieved only 16 appearances and one goal. He is only 5ft 5in tall, so do not expect any headed goals. If he is tricky on the ground, then great, and he will be competition for J J in that flank position.

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
Like all these things, it remains to be seen whether it's a good signing. He's been around a bit... but good to see us getting an out and out winger in!!