Is Derek the right manager? | Page 40 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Is Derek the right manager?

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":1lt60iy8 said:
He certainly would be justified in considering other offers after the pasting he got in September and October.

If he stays, it will be because he has confidence and respect for our ownership and board rather than our supporters.

Having said that, I would exclude our regular travelling Green Army who have been superb and are even being complimented by our opposition.

In answer to the question, the answer is a resounding YES and has been from day 1 of his appointment.

So the Green Army are not the supporters? Makes no sense.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Balham_Green":2jtp8qag said:
davie nine":2jtp8qag said:
He certainly would be justified in considering other offers after the pasting he got in September and October.

If he stays, it will be because he has confidence and respect for our ownership and board rather than our supporters.

Having said that, I would exclude our regular travelling Green Army who have been superb and are even being complimented by our opposition.

In answer to the question, the answer is a resounding YES and has been from day 1 of his appointment.

If it makes no sense to you, I will try to explain.

I am suggesting that he has the utmost respect for the regular travelling supporters (the Green Army) who keep encouraging regardless of the score, and that they would be one reason for him wanting to stay here.

The 'supporters' that I am referring to are the 63%, and those with similar opinions, who wanted him to be sacked after a few disappointing results at the start of this season.

You may, of course, fit into both categories and, if you do, I can only suggest 'if the cap fits...' although I doubt that you would be someone who 'keeps encouraging regardless of the score'.

I hope that helps.I will add that, although I am a season ticket holder, I am not a regular travelling supporter but I did vote 'remain' in the ridiculous and unnecessary poll referred to above.

Mar 14, 2009
davie nine":1062q1mr said:
Balham_Green":1062q1mr said:
davie nine":1062q1mr said:

I am suggesting that he has the utmost respect for the regular travelling supporters (the Green Army) who keep encouraging regardless of the score, and that they would be one reason for him wanting to stay here.

The 'supporters' that I am referring to are the 63%, and those with similar opinions, who wanted him to be sacked after a few disappointing results at the start of this season.

You may, of course, fit into both categories and, if you do, I can only suggest 'if the cap fits...' although I doubt that you would be someone who 'keeps encouraging regardless of the score'.

I hope that helps.I will add that, although I am a season ticket holder, I am not a regular travelling supporter but I did vote 'remain' in the ridiculous and unnecessary poll referred to above.

Davie, l donā€™t know why you explained yourself. Your entitled to your opinion.

BGā€™s posts are articulate in some respects. Yet if you look at most of them he phrases it in a way that doesnā€™t seem to have much understanding or respect for fellow posters alternative views. In fact he tries to get a reaction. Itā€™s his ā€œthingā€.

Why justify yourself, especially to him. Your an Argyle football fan. The people you describe are Argyle fans. Like, dare l say it, even he is. We all have our own way of supporting Argyle.

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":g24h41j4 said:
davie nine":g24h41j4 said:
Balham_Green":g24h41j4 said:
davie nine":g24h41j4 said:

Davie, l donā€™t know why you explained yourself. Your entitled to your opinion.

BGā€™s posts are articulate in some respects. Yet if you look at most of them he phrases it in a way that doesnā€™t seem to have much understanding or respect for fellow posters alternative views. In fact he tries to get a reaction. Itā€™s his ā€œthingā€.

Why justify yourself, especially to him. Your an Argyle football fan. The people you describe are Argyle fans. Like, dare l say it, even he is. We all have our own way of supporting Argyle.

We were terrible in the Autumn so lets not blame supporters for asking for change.My God they have been patient long enough. Trying listening to the spoilt Prem fans after a couple of defeats.I have never been Adams greatest fan largely because of his style of football not results but when the 2 came together I wanted him out. Miraculously he has turned it around and for the first time in his reign we are playing attractive football.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's a difficult dilemma and that's for sure.

Glad I don't run a football club.