James Brent live on Radio Plymouth - SUMMARY OF INTERVIEW | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

James Brent live on Radio Plymouth - SUMMARY OF INTERVIEW

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
The Doctor":1ubgf8rh said:
How can clubs have "VERY large budgets" (presumably compared to ours) given the home crowds of teams in League 2 and the wage cap rules?

I'm not too sure on this either, I would suggest Bradford but their season tickets are considerably cheaper than ours! Fleetwood and Rotherham maybe?

Jul 29, 2010
Income presently includes donations from benefactors and bankrollers. Not what I want for Argyle but as long as they accept the punishments for going bust I see no problem with that, it stops a 'natural order of things' and allows upward mobility where otherwise there would be stagnation.

Thanks Tin Tin.

Oct 24, 2010
Fergy":35jozqdy said:
The Doctor":35jozqdy said:
How can clubs have "VERY large budgets" (presumably compared to ours) given the home crowds of teams in League 2 and the wage cap rules?

I'm not too sure on this either, I would suggest Bradford but their season tickets are considerably cheaper than ours! Fleetwood and Rotherham maybe?
I would guess Crawley as well after selling Tyrone Barnet to Peterborough for £1.1m. Makes you wonder that Peterborough can afford to pay that sort of money.

P

Paul_Roberts

esmer":be5q1r3g said:
Fergy":be5q1r3g said:
The Doctor":be5q1r3g said:

I would guess Crawley as well after selling Tyrone Barnet to Peterborough for £1.1m. Makes you wonder that Peterborough can afford to pay that sort of money.

Crawley are no longer in our division.

It's got to be Rotherham and Fleetwood. Seeing as Rotherham have been in administration twice within the past six years (and were seriously close to liquidation in 2006), they either have very short memories, are extremely stupid, or both.

Jul 29, 2010
It's their funeral though Paul, it's why I give Pompey no sympathy and expected no sympathy for us when we over reached.

Fleetwood especially, like Crawley did, are trying to ensure they establish a firm foothold in the league. Coming out of non league their wage cap if pegged to non league gates would be tiny. They're speculating to accumulate, to better themselves, and I can't begrudge them that.........provided their eyes are open and they don't complain if it goes a bit Rushden rather than Stevenage.

Dec 7, 2006
Can somebody explain exactly why the BPE will not be covered/connected to the new Grandstand? Can't help but think the finished article is going to look a little, well...naff. Is the Chisholm/Bickle lounge building being kept, then? All very strange. :crazy: Or am I missing something here?

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Isn't that the end where the hotel is located? So something could be going there. An atrium maybe. The Devonport end is tied in with the grandstand so that might be the reason it has been mentioned.

Jul 29, 2010
Just a suggestion, I don't know the exact orientation, but could it be to allow sunshine onto the grass. Is that not the southernmost corner?.

Wraparounds have historically caused poor pitches and having invested heavily in ours 'twould be silly to kill it off.

As I say, just a logical suggestion.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
FordGreen":2n7gqj1a said:
Can somebody explain exactly why the BPE will not be covered/connected to the new Grandstand? Can't help but think the finished article is going to look a little, well...naff. Is the Chisholm/Bickle lounge building being kept, then? All very strange. :crazy: Or am I missing something here?

I have heard it suggestted that during the rebuild, the old announcers box will still be required because that is where the PA is based. The Chisholm and Bickle will be used as a temporary Directors Box.

Its not so strange when you think of the Cottage surviving at Fulham:)

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
X Isle":dlqpn1r9 said:
Just a suggestion, I don't know the exact orientation, but could it be to allow sunshine onto the grass. Is that not the southernmost corner?.

Wraparounds have historically caused poor pitches and having invested heavily in ours 'twould be silly to kill it off.

As I say, just a logical suggestion.

Smiffy, during matches the sun comes over the GStand at the D'Port end and works its way over the Demport allowing the opposition fans to bask in sunshine, at times!

Jul 7, 2006
Bristol
The reason given for one corner to remain undeveloped was to allow access by 'services' - at the time I took this to be Emergency Services but then dismissed this as there is the large gate in the Devonport/Lyndhurst corner, which then made me think it would be for large plant machinery which could not fit through that gate. If that was the case then theoretically I guess it could be either corner, but assumed it would be Bobby's Garden as it's closer to Outland Road, unless I've completely misinterpreted what was meant when Brent said services.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
tonycholwell":30pr548z said:
FordGreen":30pr548z said:

I have heard it suggestted that during the rebuild, the old announcers box will still be required because that is where the PA is based. The Chisholm and Bickle will be used as a temporary Directors Box.

Its not so strange when you think of the Cottage surviving at Fulham:)

Where will the changing rooms be situated during development?