James Brent live on Radio Plymouth - SUMMARY OF INTERVIEW | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

James Brent live on Radio Plymouth - SUMMARY OF INTERVIEW

GreenBath":2byqbjhv said:
The reason given for one corner to remain undeveloped was to allow access by 'services' - at the time I took this to be Emergency Services but then dismissed this as there is the large gate in the Devonport/Lyndhurst corner, which then made me think it would be for large plant machinery which could not fit through that gate. If that was the case then theoretically I guess it could be either corner, but assumed it would be Bobby's Garden as it's closer to Outland Road, unless I've completely misinterpreted what was meant when Brent said services.

That was my take on things as well - a la Old Trafford where that chunk at the players entrance corner lifts up on hydraulics for access by emergency vehicles.

Just cheked my notes from yesterday and unfortunately nothing there to clarify things more.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
As I recall from taking the pictures of the pitch as it was first being re-built, the corner at Bobby's Garden was intended to be heavily re-enforced with a concrete base which was to provide a solid platform for heavy machinery during the new grandstand build. I can't remember whether it actually happened but assuming it did it would presumably be used for grandstand Mk2.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
cheshiregreen":kxfh6kdo said:
tonycholwell":kxfh6kdo said:
FordGreen":kxfh6kdo said:
Can somebody explain exactly why the BPE will not be covered/connected to the new Grandstand? Can't help but think the finished article is going to look a little, well...naff. Is the Chisholm/Bickle lounge building being kept, then? All very strange. :crazy: Or am I missing something here?

I have heard it suggestted that during the rebuild, the old announcers box will still be required because that is where the PA is based. The Chisholm and Bickle will be used as a temporary Directors Box.

Its not so strange when you think of the Cottage surviving at Fulham:)

Where will the changing rooms be situated during development?

I dont know CG, but I would have thought 2/3 porta style buildings.

Nov 26, 2010
Swindon
tonycholwell":3rdx0v44 said:
cheshiregreen":3rdx0v44 said:
tonycholwell":3rdx0v44 said:
FordGreen":3rdx0v44 said:
Can somebody explain exactly why the BPE will not be covered/connected to the new Grandstand? Can't help but think the finished article is going to look a little, well...naff. Is the Chisholm/Bickle lounge building being kept, then? All very strange. :crazy: Or am I missing something here?

I have heard it suggestted that during the rebuild, the old announcers box will still be required because that is where the PA is based. The Chisholm and Bickle will be used as a temporary Directors Box.

Probably a couple of log cabins to match the dugouts.

B

bandwagon

Pilgrimfather":1v2jwve9 said:
tonycholwell":1v2jwve9 said:
cheshiregreen":1v2jwve9 said:
tonycholwell":1v2jwve9 said:
FordGreen":1v2jwve9 said:

Probably a couple of log cabins to match the dugouts.

Soo funny!! :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Hey Bandy

Did you know your "signature" is on the new Rick and Dave CD, recorded live at the Aldershot Fan Fest earlier this year?

Trivil fact of the dug had it not been that the dugouts thread has now reached 13 pages:)

B

bandwagon

tonycholwell":245u951x said:
Hey Bandy

Did you know your "signature" is on the new Rick and Dave CD, recorded live at the Aldershot Fan Fest earlier this year?

Trivil fact of the dug had it not been that the dugouts thread has now reached 13 pages:)

The young'uns on the train home keep saying - sing us that Janner song Andy, especially round bandit country!! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
2 large budgets - is this fact from some official database only chairmen can access?

If it comes from media "data", well, 24 clubs are quite probably spouting tosh equivalent to competitiveness, all to play for, lalala

If judging from the 'credentials' of recruits found, well we all know where that places Argyle so far, and that ain't the 'competitive' bit of the table in lay terms.

Difficult to keep track of the shades of grey.

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
tonycholwell":2mn64f3b said:
X Isle":2mn64f3b said:
Just a suggestion, I don't know the exact orientation, but could it be to allow sunshine onto the grass. Is that not the southernmost corner?.

Wraparounds have historically caused poor pitches and having invested heavily in ours 'twould be silly to kill it off.

As I say, just a logical suggestion.

Smiffy, during matches the sun comes over the GStand at the D'Port end and works its way over the Demport allowing the opposition fans to bask in sunshine, at times!

Sun rises in the east sets in the west. Over Devonport end later in the day coinsiding with matches being later in the day.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Media boxes etc?