JB on BBC Radio | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

JB on BBC Radio

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Presto":oo9ew8tt said:
What is wrong with being a property developer who wishes to make a profit? Would it be better if he was a greengrocer or a hairdresser. He has placed covenants on the ground which protect its status in the event of the club being sold - he didnt have to but he has. I only hope that if the club is sold to new owners then those who continually get at JB do not have cause for regret when they may discover just how unappealing. new owners may be - trying asking Hull and a vew other clubs in that position.

Nothing at all. However, with some of the detractors if you add the phrases 'Old Etonian' and 'Ex Banker' that is the Unholy Trinity right there.

Aug 2, 2011
Fair comment - I forget how discriminatory some people can be , probably the first ones to claim discrimination at the slightest comment aimed at them.

Quinny":23u3lmpc said:
That was always the billion dollar question, Frank. Personally I think it should be "as big as we can realistically afford" and expect to fill. I was always happy with a grandstand which gave HP a 20,000 capacity as long as there was scope within the plans to add additional tiers to increase capacity should (if) we every need it down the line. But IIR the plans didn't allow for any expansion.

Absolutely. Quite happy building a grandstand now which gives us a 20,000 capacity, but it must also contain revenue generating facilities for the football club from the outset, and must also be future proofed when (not if) the need for further expansion is required.

What we do not want at this stage is to build a grandstand which precludes further expansion.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
gaspargomez":a881esdx said:
I didn't hear the interview, but the BBC website are today reporting that the club will buy back the ground. So I guess thats now confirmed. But I think we knew that anyway.

I'm a bit worried about the whole thing. Brent is good for the club in many repsects, but he's also not everything he seems. At the end of the day he is a property developer who is seeking to make money. And he can do that by cramming commercial development on land orignally owned buy the club and building a minimalist new grandstand.

Plus, what happens when Brent leaves the club (which one day in the future he will). Who will end up owning the ground then ? Maybe some Japanese investors will be interested ?
I think Brent said (shorthand not what it once was) : "When we buy the stadium back from the council there will be a perpetual covenant to guarantee that Home Park will never ever in the future be used for anything other than a sports stadium." I don't think that he could be any clearer and that perpetual includes even after he is gone.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
memory man":30laqwf9 said:
gaspargomez":30laqwf9 said:
I didn't hear the interview, but the BBC website are today reporting that the club will buy back the ground. So I guess thats now confirmed. But I think we knew that anyway.

I'm a bit worried about the whole thing. Brent is good for the club in many repsects, but he's also not everything he seems. At the end of the day he is a property developer who is seeking to make money. And he can do that by cramming commercial development on land orignally owned buy the club and building a minimalist new grandstand.

Plus, what happens when Brent leaves the club (which one day in the future he will). Who will end up owning the ground then ? Maybe some Japanese investors will be interested ?
I think Brent said (shorthand not what it once was) : "When we buy the stadium back from the council there will be a perpetual covenant to guarantee that Home Park will never ever in the future be used for anything other than a sports stadium." I don't think that he could be any clearer and that perpetual includes even after he is gone.

That is exactly what was said. Sadly, some people hear only what they want to hear and skim over the facts.

C

Ceebs

Is that the existing footprint of HP or a future footprint? Does it include HHP? Of course none of that stops HP being split from the club and the club charged exorbitant rent in the future.

Jul 25, 2011
Andy_S":2m6wlunc said:
memory man":2m6wlunc said:
gaspargomez":2m6wlunc said:

That is exactly what was said. Sadly, some people hear only what they want to hear and skim over the facts.
Because when you've become accustomed to fork tongued double speak and a lifetime of broken promises it's every fans duty to scrutinise every word. Define home park, is that where the outer boundaries of the ground are now or some sneaky land grab?
Why the suspicion, well I remember the seats being wrenched out of the mayflower reducing it to its lowest capacity in nearly a century then being told that the replacement as it would match this now hugely reduced capacity was somehow being passed off as a Like for like replacement. Some idiots might swallow that bull but plenty don't. I'm not interested in Brent's words I'm interested in his actions and if we're still to be palmed off with that piece of crap posing as a grandstand then we're signing our own confession to being a third rate joke. Cardiff and Bristol city were always getting very similar and often less through the gates despite spending the millions we never have, look at them now. Either do properly or leave until someone can.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
with-menace":2k6klqrd said:
Andy_S":2k6klqrd said:
memory man":2k6klqrd said:
gaspargomez":2k6klqrd said:

Because when you've become accustomed to fork tongued double speak and a lifetime of broken promises it's every fans duty to scrutinise every word. Define home park, is that where the outer boundaries of the ground are now or some sneaky land grab?
Why the suspicion, well I remember the seats being wrenched out of the mayflower reducing it to its lowest capacity in nearly a century then being told that the replacement as it would match this now hugely reduced capacity was somehow being passed off as a Like for like replacement. Some idiots might swallow that bull but plenty don't. I'm not interested in Brent's words I'm interested in his actions and if we're still to be palmed off with that piece of crap posing as a grandstand then we're signing our own confession to being a third rate joke. Cardiff and Bristol city were always getting very similar and often less through the gates despite spending the millions we never have, look at them now. Either do properly or leave until someone can.

:lol:

Jul 25, 2011
'Ridiculous tantrum' go on explain where my opinion equates to a tantrum??
Not brown nosing lord Brent doesn't equate to a tantrum although it seems to blow a fuse in some tiny minds who cannot grasp the concept that not all worship at the altar of the holy saviour. So go on back up your ludicrous nonsense, you're not getting any botty licking points by making a fool of yourself

Jul 25, 2011
Stan":3p1isowa said:
crownhillpilgrim":3p1isowa said:
with-menace":3p1isowa said:
Yay emoticons ! for that occasion you can't actually make a valid point

Sometimes it's the only way to reply to a ridiculous tantrum.

:wave:
Yeah kind of sums up your entire 'argument'
My aren't you clever. Nothing like addressing the issues by clicking on a moronic emoticon.

Jul 25, 2011
with-menace":2b7tca74 said:
Removed by Site Admin - Wrong site for that.
Sorry I thought we were all about the emoticon, kind of one step from grunting like a pig ain't it?