JB on BBC Radio | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

JB on BBC Radio

Feb 18, 2016
with-menace":b3kiaqyu said:
Stan":b3kiaqyu said:
crownhillpilgrim":b3kiaqyu said:
with-menace":b3kiaqyu said:
Yay emoticons ! for that occasion you can't actually make a valid point

Sometimes it's the only way to reply to a ridiculous tantrum.

:wave:
Yeah kind of sums up your entire 'argument'
My aren't you clever. Nothing like addressing the issues by clicking on a moronic emoticon.

It was actually aimed at crownhillpilgrim but nevermind.

Jul 25, 2011
Stan":homhesbt said:
with-menace":homhesbt said:
Stan":homhesbt said:
crownhillpilgrim":homhesbt said:
with-menace":homhesbt said:

My aren't you clever. Nothing like addressing the issues by clicking on a moronic emoticon.

Well maybe if you communicated like someone with the full compliment instead of childish emoticons people might actually understand what it's you're trying to convey.
Hasn't gone unnoticed that none of you have actually had anything to say that didn't involve funny cartoons or becoming a hysterical little snowflake because someone challenged their warped dogma. Well done.

Feb 18, 2016
with-menace":113uxa0j said:
Stan":113uxa0j said:
Stan":113uxa0j said:
crownhillpilgrim":113uxa0j said:

Well maybe if you communicated like someone with the full compliment instead of childish emoticons people might actually understand what it's you're trying to convey.
Hasn't gone unnoticed that none of you have actually had anything to say that didn't involve funny cartoons or becoming a hysterical little snowflake because someone challenged their warped dogma. Well done.

Untwist your knickers dear.

Jul 25, 2011
Wow! And STILL not one of you can actually reply to one single point raised. No, just silly emoticons and snidey little personal remarks. How pathetic.

with-menace":37pyundz said:
Andy_S":37pyundz said:
memory man":37pyundz said:
gaspargomez":37pyundz said:
I didn't hear the interview, but the BBC website are today reporting that the club will buy back the ground. So I guess thats now confirmed. But I think we knew that anyway.

I'm a bit worried about the whole thing. Brent is good for the club in many repsects, but he's also not everything he seems. At the end of the day he is a property developer who is seeking to make money. And he can do that by cramming commercial development on land orignally owned buy the club and building a minimalist new grandstand.

Plus, what happens when Brent leaves the club (which one day in the future he will). Who will end up owning the ground then ? Maybe some Japanese investors will be interested ?
I think Brent said (shorthand not what it once was) : "When we buy the stadium back from the council there will be a perpetual covenant to guarantee that Home Park will never ever in the future be used for anything other than a sports stadium." I don't think that he could be any clearer and that perpetual includes even after he is gone.

That is exactly what was said. Sadly, some people hear only what they want to hear and skim over the facts.
Because when you've become accustomed to fork tongued double speak and a lifetime of broken promises it's every fans duty to scrutinise every word. Define home park, is that where the outer boundaries of the ground are now or some sneaky land grab?
Why the suspicion, well I remember the seats being wrenched out of the mayflower reducing it to its lowest capacity in nearly a century then being told that the replacement as it would match this now hugely reduced capacity was somehow being passed off as a Like for like replacement. Some idiots might swallow that bull but plenty don't. I'm not interested in Brent's words I'm interested in his actions and if we're still to be palmed off with that piece of crap posing as a grandstand then we're signing our own confession to being a third rate joke. Cardiff and Bristol city were always getting very similar and often less through the gates despite spending the millions we never have, look at them now. Either do properly or leave until someone can.
Bristol city got lansdown and cardiffs stadium was built with the money made by
selling ninian park to be a retail park. We dont have a lansdowne and we cannot
sell our ground.
So plan a is highly unlikely and plan b we cannot replicate.
Plan c is to build the best we can and progress till we can afford to build bigger.
Forget the main stand and look to the demport or horseshoe to develop later is what i would
look to do.
Plan d which is brent out and another property developer in. More risk as you would
no nothing about them. 5/6 years of JB now. I think we all know him by now. Trusted by most
including well known argyle board members. What makes you think we would get a bigger stand with
someone else? As the commercial side of the development will still be required to pay for it
limiting its size. What about the ice rink provision? Council expects that to be done as part
of HHP as well doesnt it. Do you know anybody who might actually be interested in building a bigger
stand like you want which gives us better post build income?
Plan c is where im at. Its the only viable way to get the funding and involves least risk.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
with-menace":2i5worgj said:
Andy_S":2i5worgj said:
memory man":2i5worgj said:
gaspargomez":2i5worgj said:
I didn't hear the interview, but the BBC website are today reporting that the club will buy back the ground. So I guess thats now confirmed. But I think we knew that anyway.

I'm a bit worried about the whole thing. Brent is good for the club in many repsects, but he's also not everything he seems. At the end of the day he is a property developer who is seeking to make money. And he can do that by cramming commercial development on land orignally owned buy the club and building a minimalist new grandstand.

Plus, what happens when Brent leaves the club (which one day in the future he will). Who will end up owning the ground then ? Maybe some Japanese investors will be interested ?
I think Brent said (shorthand not what it once was) : "When we buy the stadium back from the council there will be a perpetual covenant to guarantee that Home Park will never ever in the future be used for anything other than a sports stadium." I don't think that he could be any clearer and that perpetual includes even after he is gone.

That is exactly what was said. Sadly, some people hear only what they want to hear and skim over the facts.
Because when you've become accustomed to fork tongued double speak and a lifetime of broken promises it's every fans duty to scrutinise every word. Define home park, is that where the outer boundaries of the ground are now or some sneaky land grab?
Why the suspicion, well I remember the seats being wrenched out of the mayflower reducing it to its lowest capacity in nearly a century then being told that the replacement as it would match this now hugely reduced capacity was somehow being passed off as a Like for like replacement. Some idiots might swallow that bull but plenty don't. I'm not interested in Brent's words I'm interested in his actions and if we're still to be palmed off with that piece of crap posing as a grandstand then we're signing our own confession to being a third rate joke. Cardiff and Bristol city were always getting very similar and often less through the gates despite spending the millions we never have, look at them now. Either do properly or leave until someone can.

I see that it is, in your obvious opinion, perfectly acceptable to call those of us who actually DO believe in Mr Brent, idiots!

Funny thing is, I happened to refer to one of your detractor friends a couple of days back and ended up getting villified for it.

Maybe if you compare apples with apples then you might...no, you obviously won't, but any sane person might come to the right conclusion that we build what we can afford to build.

To compare apples with pears, compares Argyle with Cardiff and Bristol City...why stop there? Why not add in Hull, Swansea...they're favourites when it comes to babbling about stadium size.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

with-menace":2r05afo0 said:
Andy_S":2r05afo0 said:
memory man":2r05afo0 said:
gaspargomez":2r05afo0 said:

Absolutely bang on.

C

Ceebs

Andy_S":2dg34z9r said:
with-menace":2dg34z9r said:
Andy_S":2dg34z9r said:
memory man":2dg34z9r said:
gaspargomez":2dg34z9r said:

I see that it is, in your obvious opinion, perfectly acceptable to call those of us who actually DO believe in Mr Brent, idiots!

Funny thing is, I happened to refer to one of your detractor friends a couple of days back and ended up getting villified for it.

Maybe if you compare apples with apples then you might...no, you obviously won't, but any sane person might come to the right conclusion that we build what we can afford to build.

To compare apples with pears, compares Argyle with Cardiff and Bristol City...why stop there? Why not add in Hull, Swansea...they're favourites when it comes to babbling about stadium size.

With-menace never suggested building something we couldn't afford, instead he clearly stated the development should either be done, what in his opinion would be, properly or left for someone who can. So that's a fallacious argument. What if all we can afford is a tiny grandstand hemmed-in on all sides by commercial developments? What if a number of these commercial developments sit on land within the current footprint of HP? Should such a development be supported regardless?

Jul 25, 2011
Andy_S":21befumb said:
with-menace":21befumb said:
Andy_S":21befumb said:
memory man":21befumb said:
gaspargomez":21befumb said:

I never once said any who 'believes in Brent' was an idiot. Perhaps you should go back and re-read what I actually wrote. I'm not interested in the cult of personality only PAFC