Joel Grant (ex Grecian) signs. | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joel Grant (ex Grecian) signs.

Jul 29, 2010
Keepitgreen":29xe2hq0 said:
Tugboat":29xe2hq0 said:
No real excitement yet in the transfer department.

So far 3 'yeah not bad' signings.

Would have preferred Tanner to be fair but as always proper judgement will be sought after 10 games
What about the other two?
Well we haven't had any 'who hell he?' signings this year. That's an improvement.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Pilgrim28":205ak9i6 said:
Welcome Joel! Looks not to dissimaler to Slew, so probably an upgrade but a like for like replacement.

Still need, but theyll come:

1x Goalkeeper
1x Left Back
1x Centre Midfielder
1x Target Striker
1x Pacey Striker

Interesting because Jordan Slew is a possibility to go to Exeter.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Tugboat":15kln7zj said:
No real excitement yet in the transfer department.

So far 3 'yeah not bad' signings.

Would have preferred Tanner to be fair but as always proper judgement will be sought after 10 games

It's very hard to know because no-one ever would have seen these players in the same team. If they all gel it could be a very, very good squad and obviously DA has recruited enough that if one or two don't make the grade we will still have that very, very good team.

I personally would have loved to have kept a Ryan Brunt but his in's and out's can't be faulted yet. He's not made any real dross signings.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
briangreen":6jj17vr7 said:

Yes, but I do not think I have seen such a long promotional You Tube clip of a player who very rarely scores himself.
Argyle have released Slew and passed over Tanner both of whom knew where the net was. The best I can say from the video is that Grant has far stronger upper body strength compared to these last 2 guys. If he can retain possession and use the ball in advanced positions he could be a reasonable acquisition. At the moment from that video it is difficult to know whether he will be a midfielder or a striker, but I accept he can carry the ball forward and he showed good presence in 2012/13

Apr 30, 2011
Deacster":1joibb77 said:
briangreen":1joibb77 said:
Looks exciting there, with him and Ainsworth we now have two pacey wingers whereas last year we had none until Kennedy signed. Change in style maybe?

Jervis and Slew are both pacey and played wide. I'd definitely.consider Jervis a winger given the number of crosses he puts in from around the outside of the full back?