Joel Grant (ex Grecian) signs. | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joel Grant (ex Grecian) signs.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Demportendermobile":13s7dvj9 said:
Having just spent 10 mins reading the 10 page thread on exweb about Grant which goes back through his whole stay there, not really anything good said about him and they seem genuinely surprised he has stepped up a division, also amused we've taken him off their hands.

Last season I enjoyed reading the Exweb match day threads. Mostly because of the whoops and hurrahs when we went behind and then hearing the grumbling when we eventually won the games. One thing that came across loud and clear is that Joel Grant was regarded as one of their more useful players and there was a general bemoaning if he was left out of the starting 11.

That said, the order in which I would say had a bigger positive impact for Exeter City last season was,

1) David Wheeler
2) Ollie Watkins
3) Lee Holmes
4) Reuben Reid
5) Joel Grant.

Whilst it's true he isn't the most prolific, I'd say Jake and Taylor can shoulder that burden if the likes of Grant and Ainsworth provide the crosses.

Aug 5, 2016
Joel Grant has caught my eye a few times playing for Wycombe. Very pacy midfielder who can get in behind a full back and cause damage.

Aug 5, 2016
Quintrell_Green":aecaftv5 said:
briangreen":aecaftv5 said:

Yes, but I do not think I have seen such a long promotional You Tube clip of a player who very rarely scores himself.
Argyle have released Slew and passed over Tanner both of whom knew where the net was.

Slew's best goalscoring season was 4 last season, and Tanner's was 5.

How can you consider Joel Grant a 'player who rarely scores himself', and these two as 'players who knew where the net was', when Grant has had four better goalscoring seasons than either of them. He's hit double figures twice.

Mar 23, 2008
Penmaster":1op7rr6b said:
Deacster":1op7rr6b said:
briangreen":1op7rr6b said:
Looks exciting there, with him and Ainsworth we now have two pacey wingers whereas last year we had none until Kennedy signed. Change in style maybe?

Jervis and Slew are both pacey and played wide. I'd definitely.consider Jervis a winger given the number of crosses he puts in from around the outside of the full back?
Both Slew and JJ are by trade central strikers who DA has used as wide men presumably to utilise their pace and physical attributes. How neither went past people and got to the byline albeit as you say JJ does cross quite a bit and contribute assists. Grant and Ainsworth are different beasts though, genuine wingers who dribble and cross, both more technique than pure pace and muscle so maybe DA acknowleddging the higher level and releasing a different approach is required?

Jan 3, 2013
Ade the green":3b0po58x said:
Demportendermobile":3b0po58x said:
Having just spent 10 mins reading the 10 page thread on exweb about Grant which goes back through his whole stay there, not really anything good said about him and they seem genuinely surprised he has stepped up a division, also amused we've taken him off their hands.

Last season I enjoyed reading the Exweb match day threads. Mostly because of the whoops and hurrahs when we went behind and then hearing the grumbling when we eventually won the games. One thing that came across loud and clear is that Joel Grant was regarded as one of their more useful players and there was a general bemoaning if he was left out of the starting 11.

That said, the order in which I would say had a bigger positive impact for Exeter City last season was,

1) David Wheeler
2) Ollie Watkins
3) Lee Holmes
4) Reuben Reid
5) Joel Grant.

Whilst it's true he isn't the most prolific, I'd say Jake and Taylor can shoulder that burden if the likes of Grant and Ainsworth provide the crosses.

You watch the Greeks do you?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Knarf Reprah":1e6xkf58 said:
Ade the green":1e6xkf58 said:
Demportendermobile":1e6xkf58 said:

1) David Wheeler
2) Ollie Watkins
3) Lee Holmes
4) Reuben Reid
5) Joel Grant.

You watch the Greeks do you?

I read Exweb yes.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I had a peek last night. They're not at all fussed about losing grant.

greenplumber

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jun 10, 2015
Good to have Joel on board, I am sure he will make an impact in this division. So looking forward to the new season.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
In predicting a big season for blisset now we seem to be signing players to play to his strengths
I think Del is changing the style this season and those who are clamouring for a centre forward may have forgotten about the one he bought and hardly played at the end of last season big pre season for Nate

Sep 25, 2010
Knarf Reprah":1s36om5i said:
ealinggreen":1s36om5i said:
The Adams absence is starting to make me a little nervous.

Agreed

I thought he was on holiday, and keeping in touch regularly with Martyn Starnes, blimey, he deserves a holiday.

Nov 22, 2006
Don't really care what the City fans think they'll still tell you they are better than us, Adams has signed him because he feels he can bring something different for us, so until I see him for myself in Green that's good enough for me welcome to the biggest club in Devon Joel

Mar 29, 2017
At 1 in every 6 I'm not sure how much he will bring, but always great to have options. Would love it if it was a ruse to show others it's ok to move from them to us and Watkins gets announced, Adams should be knighted if that were the case.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
as an aside to how many goals X player has scored and therefore an indication of the value of their signing it is intriguing that newly promoted Huddersfield town have just paid their record fee for Laurent Depoitre from Porto and last season he played in 13 matches in all competitions scoring twice with one assist and he is a striker. :shocked: maybe certain managers can get certain players to play to a higher level.