Kettle | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Kettle

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
This sounds as if it is brewing up for quite a match....now if we give him a sweetener (or two) he might not treat us as mugs...... :funny:

May 16, 2016
I believe he's from Yorkshire, not the fittest of chaps, gone to pot lately, prone to the occasional strain apparently. Serious though, he won't take any monkey business, so any dark arts can be forgotten, no taking a leaf from the Wycombe bag of tricks.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Come come, let's not get the vapours.

We must all just pray that if a player goes down we don't have to witness he ugly spectacle of a public tea-bagging.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I thought that I remembered something about him :-

The man in black inexplicably decided to blow for half-time in Accrington's League Two clash with AFC Wimbledon just as Billy Kee unleashed a shot in the Wombles' box.
Kee's strike ended up in the home side's net but it didn't count thanks to Kettle's ridiculous call and it ended up costing Stanley all three points.

Probably cost Accrington promotion.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Oh, he was that dickhead.

The man should've been sacked for that. The ball was crossing the line as he blew it.

Makes you wonder sometimes doesn't it?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
He also upset Darren Ferguson earlier in the season so he'll do for me. :)

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
davie nine":3f2iqr1g said:
I thought that I remembered something about him :-

The man in black inexplicably decided to blow for half-time in Accrington's League Two clash with AFC Wimbledon just as Billy Kee unleashed a shot in the Wombles' box.
Kee's strike ended up in the home side's net but it didn't count thanks to Kettle's ridiculous call and it ended up costing Stanley all three points.

Probably cost Accrington promotion.
That reminds me of the 1974 (78?) World Cup when Clive Thomas blew for half-time just as a Brazil corner was being turned across the line by Wotsitinho - and I mean literally at that very second.

Back in those days, though, there was none of that "Wait until the ball is 50 yards up in the air to avoid any risk of controversy before blowing your whistle to end the half" attitude. The only thing that could delay a half- or full-time whistle, regardless of what was happening, was a penalty.

I genuinely don't know the answer to this: has that rule ever officially been dropped or has it just been conveniently swept under the carpet as TV and mega-money have inexorably tightened their vice-like grip on the game?