kits up to us! (Option C - stripes, wins the official vote) | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

kits up to us! (Option C - stripes, wins the official vote)

Will you buy the new 2015-2016 stripe shirt?

• Yes

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • No

Votes: 45 57.0%

• Total voters
Mar 21, 2013
X Isle":2dy9fkjc said:
Jasa":2dy9fkjc said:
X Isle":2dy9fkjc said:
Jasa":2dy9fkjc said:
Money maker from the club. Same as this year. Boring and again not enough green!

I take it 'money maker' was sarcasm Jasa, being too close to this season's means far fewer will buy one.

I, like you I suspect, won't buy one because I don't like it. We're Argyle, we play in green, next season green will be the third most prominent colour on our kit :facepalm:

Furthermore options A&B held the promise of a simple reversed white away kit. Can't do that with C, so it means another 'rainbow nation' away shirt too, again, no green or very little green :thumbdown:

Not going to argue against democracy, Argyle fans have made their choice. I just happen to believe it's a stinky bum of a choice.

Wasn't sarcasm. I see it as a moneymaker because it's the same as this year so no need for it to go on sale.

There is an extra black pinstripe. For all interested, I'll sell you a marker pen for £5. It'll be cheaper than the £40 shirt.

Thanks but no thanks.

Can't say I agree with the logic on sales either. Argyle will undoubtedly discount this years kit as they'll want to clear stock before their funky 'new' kit comes in. Now, these discounted shirts WILL sell well because peeps know they can get a shirt they can use next season for £20 or maybe £10 which will save them buying one of these 'new' ones for £40.

Sales of next years shirt however will be lower than they would've otherwise been due to these 2014-15 discounters AND those who've got this years one so will make it last for another season. Net upshot is Argyle get less money than they would otherwise have done. If football clubs simply MUST have a new kit each year then at least make it distinctly different to the one before, anything less is commercial suicide.

Sorry but your dislike of the striped top is causing you to produce flawed logic, how about all the previous years kits where we've had a near identical top save for an extra line or dash or a different shaped collar, were those sales figures affected & did you kick up a fuss then? Man Utd will always have a plain red top, Liverpool will always be kitted out in just red & arsenal will be predominately red with white sleeves, the only difference each year will be a minimal design shift. You may not like stripes & I'm not overly fussed either way but you can't just argue the toss with possibly made up facts to suit you when there's something you don't like, something the majority of the polled have voted for I must add.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Lundan Cabbie":2z8c17fq said:
LG":2z8c17fq said:
GreenArmy1984":2z8c17fq said:
That's not Funny !!!! :thumbdown:
Got Cardiff to the premiership though :whistle:

Who would trade in the green for a season in the Prem?

Easy to think about if you're a fan of a club with no discernible sense of identity.

Mar 1, 2008
I've always associated us wearing Green and White stripes with us being a bit cack (Mick Jones/Kevin Hodges era). If it's what the peeps want, then who am I to argue?

Mar 29, 2011
Don't_Panic":m1hznwxu said:
Sorry but your dislike of the striped top is causing you to produce flawed logic, how about all the previous years kits where we've had a near identical top save for an extra line or dash or a different shaped collar, were those sales figures affected & did you kick up a fuss then? Man Utd will always have a plain red top, Liverpool will always be kitted out in just red & arsenal will be predominately red with white sleeves, the only difference each year will be a minimal design shift. You may not like stripes & I'm not overly fussed either way but you can't just argue the toss with possibly made up facts to suit you when there's something you don't like, something the majority of the polled have voted for I must add.

Maybe I should reword. The stripes is almost a limited edition one off. The majority of clubs has a different kit in their own colour, changing it slightly each year, but I feel a complete change should be a one-off special and just that. I'll use Southampton as an example, being almost block red (with pinstripes) for a season. Clubs that have changed their tradition have done so for that 1 year.

I know a green shirt will ultimately always be a different green shirt each year with a different trim, but that's fine when we're a green club. This kit doesn't show off our colours as a club.

I know we've had stripes before and it's a nice refreshing change every now and then. Either keep the current kit for 2 years, or change it back.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Jasa":3ldfw72c said:
Don't_Panic":3ldfw72c said:

Maybe I should reword. The stripes is almost a limited edition one off. The majority of clubs has a different kit in their own colour, changing it slightly each year, but I feel a complete change should be a one-off special and just that. I'll use Southampton as an example, being almost block red (with pinstripes) for a season. Clubs that have changed their tradition have done so for that 1 year.

I know a green shirt will ultimately always be a different green shirt each year with a different trim, but that's fine when we're a green club. This kit doesn't show off our colours as a club.

I know we've had stripes before and it's a nice refreshing change every now and then. Either keep the current kit for 2 years, or change it back.

What's to say we won't keep with the stripes long term a bit like the NW rebranding?

I am personally not fussed either way, I like the stripes but also like plain green although a lighter shade would be my preference

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Pasties and Cider":286z34e6 said:
Lundan Cabbie":286z34e6 said:
LG":286z34e6 said:
GreenArmy1984":286z34e6 said:
That's not Funny !!!! :thumbdown:
Got Cardiff to the premiership though :whistle:

Who would trade in the green for a season in the Prem?

Easy to think about if you're a fan of a club with no discernible sense of identity.

And that is what we football fans do. Identity does matter and it matters a lot but to those on the outside looking in, they would accept a change easily. Look at Cardiff. It is only their fans who still protest. The rest of us have moved on. Cardiff are red, so what?

I myself hate seeing England in all white. We should have blue shorts but I bet the jocks and the taffs haven't even noticed.

Mar 21, 2013
Jasa":zx984goe said:
Don't_Panic":zx984goe said:

Oh that was aimed at you mate, it was meant for x-isles post, just included your quote in there by mistake.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
At least sales of the "old" stripe shirt will pick up at knocked down £10 in a couple of months time .

Like I said the 2015-16 striped shirt will be a collectors item in years to come when next to no one bought it.
Makes no business sense at all. Run in couldn't a brewery up a pee