kits up to us! (Option C - stripes, wins the official vote) | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

kits up to us! (Option C - stripes, wins the official vote)

Will you buy the new 2015-2016 stripe shirt?

• Yes

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • No

Votes: 45 57.0%

• Total voters

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
samjones":kmsqclu9 said:
At least sales of the "old" stripe shirt will pick up at knocked down £10 in a couple of months time .

Like I said the 2015-16 striped shirt will be a collectors item in years to come when next to no one bought it.
Makes no business sense at all. Run in couldn't a brewery up a pi$$

Am I missing something here?

Are people saying that the proposed shirt for next season is more or less the same as this year's?

I must have looked at the wrong page because the one I saw had narrower stripes compared to this season's three broard white bands, it has a black collar and there was no white chest band that is apparant this year.

Can someone post the two pictures side by side?

P

Paul_Roberts

Lundan Cabbie":3pixvq1g said:
samjones":3pixvq1g said:
At least sales of the "old" stripe shirt will pick up at knocked down £10 in a couple of months time .

Like I said the 2015-16 striped shirt will be a collectors item in years to come when next to no one bought it.
Makes no business sense at all. Run in couldn't a brewery up a pi$$

Am I missing something here?

Are people saying that the proposed shirt for next season is more or less the same as this year's?

I must have looked at the wrong page because the one I saw had narrower stripes compared to this season's three broard white bands, it has a black collar and there was no white chest band that is apparant this year.

Can someone post the two pictures side by side?

Agreed. And on a similar note, I don't understand the theory that next season's shirt won't sell because it's too similar to the current version. If that was proven customer behaviour then I could understand the point, but it's clearly a dud theory because practically every club in the country brings out essentially the same kit season after season.

In fact, Argyle are one of the few clubs in the country who ever radically change their kit - we've had practically every design possible apart from hoops and quarters. So you can't blame the club for a bit of consistency once in a while.

And besides, I don't ever remember hearing reports of poor shirt sales in the eras when we've stuck with very similar designs for several years. From 1990 to 1997 for instance, when five out of six shirts were striped, or in the first decade of this century when we opted for an almost identical solid green kit eight seasons in a row.

You also seem to be ignoring the fact that the design you're moaning about was voted for by the supporters!

Feb 28, 2010
Mannamead
Sam
You are talking rubbish.
This season's shirt (voted for by fans) has clearly sold very well, in contrast to the horrendous dark shirts worn in the last few seasons.
So actually the club should be credited with actually listening to fans and in the poocess maximising sales.

Goo to see that Cardiff and its owner have listened to fans and reverted to their traditional blue. Surely time PAFC give us the chance to vote and debate what is Argyle Green.

Finally , my disappointment with the new strip is white socks, should be either green or hooped green/white or green/black.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Voted by some fans and a marginal winner where the overall vote was split. Stripes will always alienate some more so than a plain or pinstripe shirt and at end of day 61% are saying they won't buy it, that's hardly a good take up

Pinstripe shirt would of sold more even if it didn't win the vote as more of the stripe lovers could live with it.

At least vertical stripes will make Reuben look slightly less fat than hoops

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Stripes are awful, time to get a decent kit.

Green and white stripes suck

Terrible shirt that wont sell

You could do bettet PAFC.

:(

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
GA, you cant seriously beleive that the clubs awful designs are better than the designs other pasoti members came up with surely?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Womble":rvu7kh3w said:
GA, you cant seriously beleive that the clubs awful designs are better than the designs other pasoti members came up with surely?

The designs by PASOTI members may well have been better in the eyes of supporters but without a manufacturer the exercise was merely just a bit of fun.

The deal with Puma is that they will do the designing. Those three designs were not drawn up by the club. Argyle just got to decide from those which Puma had to offer, the final selection of which was passed on to the GA.

C

Cobi Budge.

GreenArmy1984":2nk55p9s said:
Time to move on now !!!!

Green & White Stripes Are Back

Awesome Shirt that will sell loads

Well Done PAFC !!! :scarf:

If we sold Reuben, Luke & Curtis, then signed Chadwick, Gilmartin & Soukouna, I bet you'd still congratulate the club :lol: