Lee Cox | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lee Cox

Jul 29, 2010
So why he was blowing out if his 'arris second half then?

I agree with Ian, unless there is a specific tactical reason not to, you should always keep a winning side together. Tyler deserves to start but he won't finish, he's not up to 90 minutes yet.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
He wasn't blowing out of anything, the lad is 19 and can play 2 games in 4 days with ease.

He won't play 90mons tomorrow because in my opinion Stevenage are a far better team than Exeter and won't allow Harvey and Banton the space or time Exeter afforded them, that's why I think Cox may even start tomorrow

Jul 29, 2010
Not sure what game you were watching then Bubba.

I've nothing against the lad, he made a great impact, but struggle to keep up with the pace he certainly did.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
I really didn't think he was, I think he has that look about him with his boy band floppy hair cut, maybe I'm in the minority and wrong?

I would hope at 19 he can play 2 games in 4 days is probably more accurate description

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I did think he was Bubbs. He was shot after the first ten minutes and Tony Cholwell said the same to me at the time.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I think it's over egging it a bit to say that Tyler contributed nothing in the second half.

He didn't contribute as much certainly- but he was still involved in a few good pass and move breaks on the counter. He also was involved in the build up AND got onto the end of a good move which he admittedly blazed over the bar. Poor finish admittedly but if he was that blowing then he wouldn't have done all the good work until the finish.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
I still think he looks worse than he is

Besides He bloody shouldn't be!

A

Ajax66

Same side that started against Orient. Give the kids 20 mins at the end. Harvey apart from his goal and one telling pass to Reid for his goal was anonymous.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
AJAX_66":b2fi6fsv said:
Harvey apart from his goal and one telling pass to Reid for his goal was anonymous.

Simply not true

To me it's clear tylers role was adjusted at half time with the intention to sit deeper and for the team to be more disciplined. He did look tired, around the hour, but without a massive amount of game time and putting that much effort in its hardly surprising. Reid look shattered too, went off first and will start tomorrow, maybe ty will too

cox plays in a different position, and if fit imo will and should start, not saying ty won't (don't think he is tho) oconnor/cox should be the swap we are talking about surely...and oconnor was immense on sat so. Room for both?

Sep 2, 2008
AJAX_66":2ulfu1ib said:
Same side that started against Orient. Give the kids 20 mins at the end. Harvey apart from his goal and one telling pass to Reid for his goal was anonymous.

Agree 100%. Always amazes me how some people can only remember little moments in a game and on those memories say what a fantastic overall performance a player put in. On that basis Nelse had a terrible game - remember when he completely misjudged that ball into the box and Cummins got on the end of it to almost pull a goal back... Harvey is nowhere near being able to compete for a full 90 mins. Shezza has said himself that both Harvey and Allen didn't impress in pre-season and needed to 'wake up'. For me Tyler needs to be a lot sharper. At times on Saturday it looked like he was running in treacle. Cox, Norburn and O'Connor to start in the middle for me.

P

pafcstafford

Pottypilgrim":1tbp4xw6 said:
AJAX_66":1tbp4xw6 said:

When did Sheridan say that?

Agree 100%. Always amazes me how some people can only remember little moments in a game and on those memories say what a fantastic overall performance a player put in. On that basis Nelse had a terrible game - remember when he completely misjudged that ball into the box and Cummins got on the end of it to almost pull a goal back... Harvey is nowhere near being able to compete for a full 90 mins. Shezza has said himself that both Harvey and Allen didn't impress in pre-season and needed to 'wake up'. For me Tyler needs to be a lot sharper. At times on Saturday it looked like he was running in treacle. Cox, Norburn and O'Connor to start in the middle for me.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Pottypilgrim":2rx9cy03 said:
AJAX_66":2rx9cy03 said:

Although I agree with much of your sentiment, Sheridan didn't actually name who he thought was not impressing during pre-season - I happen to think your assessment is right (and add Thomas and Purrington too). Just before this becomes a PASOTI myth.

Sep 2, 2008
Pasties and Cider":1gkziqqa said:
Pottypilgrim":1gkziqqa said:
AJAX_66":1gkziqqa said:

Although I agree with much of your sentiment, Sheridan didn't actually name who he thought was not impressing during pre-season - I happen to think your assessment is right (and add Thomas and Purrington too). Just before this becomes a PASOTI myth.

He definitely said it in the 'My Ty' article on the OS - he included River Allen in the comment as well. Just checked the article though and it's no longer there..??? - a bit of editing there methinks. I guess openness and transparency only goes so far