Lee Cox | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lee Cox

Jun 8, 2014
Emu":3ssnl8xj said:
Another thing, what would it do to the lads confidence if he was dropped after scoring one and creating an assist?

Nothing, and it wont help his fitness or ability either.

Deserves a second chance, after all he contributed twice to the only stat that actually matters.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
IJN":1rwis1l1 said:
The team that played the first half against Exeter should be given the same chance v Stevenage.

Why change it? We all saw what they can do. If Tyler is knackered, Coxy can come in.
I think I'd prefer to see the other way round with Cox starting and Harvey as an impact sub in the second half.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Trev501":1t3s3t7k said:
IJN":1t3s3t7k said:
The team that played the first half against Exeter should be given the same chance v Stevenage.

Why change it? We all saw what they can do. If Tyler is knackered, Coxy can come in.
I think I'd prefer to see the other way round with Cox starting and Harvey as an impact sub in the second half.

I don't think tyler has ever worked as a sub, start or nothing.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it aint broke don't fix it.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
earl grey":1b5u4fsf said:
Trev501":1b5u4fsf said:
IJN":1b5u4fsf said:

Orient?

Though I do agree he should start tonight.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
GreenSam":24z1bx9l said:
earl grey":24z1bx9l said:
Trev501":24z1bx9l said:
IJN":24z1bx9l said:

Orient?

Though I do agree he should start tonight.

I should have said in games I have seen (quite a few sub appearances) once his confidence is up from starts then he could and should work as a sub.

To be fair he's realistic to understand horses for courses so start or not start he knows he did well and shouldn't take it as a knock if not starting

C

Cobi Budge.

Maybe it's just me but I think Cox is slightly overrated, a decent player no doubt but not the super star some make out, otherwise he would have been playing more for Swindon in L1.

Happy to have him but him being injured isn't as much a concern for me as I thought it would be, we coped fine, if not better with O'Connor, Norburn and Harvey on Saturday.

Jun 11, 2012
Cobi Budge.":1hpvtf0p said:
Maybe it's just me but I think Cox is slightly overrated, a decent player no doubt but not the super star some make out.
It's funny how you suddenly notice this after a poor game. :lol:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I disagree- Harvey wasn't good at all but he was still at least involved in some pretty good pass and moves in the first half which he showcased the technical ability that most in this squad don't possess. He wasn't good because he just looked too tired and was brushed off the ball at times like a feather but he did at least do some good stuff that most players can't do. Showed very well off the ball in the first half too.

Cox, as excellent a player as he usually is, was nowhere near fit. Didn't get in the game at all and when he did it went badly. He very rarely contributed in a positive way at all and was a spectator for most of it. Harvey's performance was poor but with hints of promise- Cox quite simply wasn't ready to be playing.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
GreenSam":6ze7nwru said:
I disagree- Harvey wasn't good at all but he was still at least involved in some pretty good pass and moves in the first half which he showcased the technical ability that most in this squad don't possess. He wasn't good because he just looked too tired and was brushed off the ball at times like a feather but he did at least do some good stuff that most players can't do. Showed very well off the ball in the first half too.

Cox, as excellent a player as he usually is, was nowhere near fit. Didn't get in the game at all and when he did it went badly. He very rarely contributed in a positive way at all and was a spectator for most of it. Harvey's performance was poor but with hints of promise- Cox quite simply wasn't ready to be playing.

Completely disagree. Cox broke up several moves and his positioning was spot on. He missed some passes and was unfit but even at 25% fitness was a massive step up on the night over Harvey who I cant honestly remember making a challenge or passing to a green shirt. Lots of attempts but absolutely no end product. His only saving grace was that he wasn't Banton!!

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I can certainly remember him making a few good passes. Off the ball in terms of making challenges or effective positioning he was as useful as a chocolate hot water bottle agreed- he was too deep, whether that's his own fault or the role he was allocated I do not know but it didn't work at any rate. That said, I still think he demonstrated that he can do good things with the ball when we're playing it on the ground. It wasn't his game at all which is partly his own fault and partly not but regardless, there were a good few worse players out there last night for my reckoning.

Jul 6, 2011
graiser":36sit1df said:
If Harvey is going to develop into the player that some already think he is he needs consistency and stamina, at the moment he has neither, he's being given an opportunity and he grabbed it on Saturday but let it go last night.
I really want him to get there as he has some good qualities but I always have the impression of him living off his last game instead of looking ahead to the next.

But he could probably still outdistance you over a one mile jog :lol: