Liverpool match day thread | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liverpool match day thread

Jul 29, 2010
I don't do facetw@tter, but if I did i'd be #PROUD

Objective 1 - No injuries. Achieved.

Objective 2 - Give a good account of ourselves. Exceeded achievement.

The tourists had a nice night out, they can retreat back into the city suburbs and we won't see them again until Christmas or the next Premiership team visits. See ya, thanks for your money :wave:

However there will be those there tonight for whom the feeling of immense pride shared by us 'thick and thinners' might just have sunk in deeper than the superficial level the tourists experience. To them I say...seeya next game :huddle:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
X Isle":vjxwwgep said:

The tourists had a nice night out, they can retreat back into the city suburbs and we won't see them again until Christmas or the next Premiership team visits. See ya, thanks for your money :wave:

However there will be those there tonight for whom the feeling of immense pride shared by us 'thick and thinners' might just have sunk in deeper than the superficial level the tourists experience. To them I say...seeya next game :huddle:

1. Debatable Smiffy. Carey - groin? So'ongo - clearly clutching his groin.

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Andy_S":1a1f1xqq said:
X Isle":1a1f1xqq said:

Yep both looked to be struggling at the end.

Jul 29, 2010
Mike Charlick":30xmoi8j said:
Andy_S":30xmoi8j said:
X Isle":30xmoi8j said:

Carey was a worry just before half time but it looked like he ran it off I thought. Wasn't sure with Songo'o if it was just a case of having taken one in the middle wicket.

I hope there's nothing to be concerned over, I will retract objective 1 if so :sad:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
X Isle":3o3xfn4b said:
Mike Charlick":3o3xfn4b said:
Andy_S":3o3xfn4b said:
X Isle":3o3xfn4b said:

Carey was a worry just before half time but it looked like he ran it off I thought. Wasn't sure with Songo'o if it was just a case of having taken one in the middle wicket.

I hope there's nothing to be concerned over, I will retract objective 1 if so :sad:

I did wonder that but in the replay he appeared to just overstretch a little.

Don't think GC10 was fully fit 2nd half, hence playing further back. Didn't make the runs that he is usually associated with.

As you say though, hopefully nothing to be concerned about.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
cheshiregreen":2y03eu8d said:
Maybe Luke too seemed to be feeling his groin on TV or maybe it was to do with how he blocked the penalty?

He certainly appeared to stop the ball with his meat and 2 veg.

:lol:

Jul 29, 2010
cheshiregreen":1an8v6eu said:
Maybe Luke too seemed to be feeling his groin on TV or maybe it was to do with how he blocked the penalty?
That WAS a middle wicket job.

T

Tim Wallace

What a great evening and brilliant atmosphere. Well done argo.
Not sure if this has already been posted, but was there a fella ejected from the Lyndhurst during the first half ?

Jan 8, 2017
Scouse Green
I couldn't get a ticket and make the trip down sadly but from TV it looked like it was amazing last night, great to see HP full to the rafters and bouncing and particularly good to see the old Mayflower Terrace back in use again, albeit temporarily.

Another interesting game and thought Adams had it spot on again tactics wise. Soaking up some inevitable pressure early on and looking for opportunities when they presented themselves.

Disappointing to concede from a set piece after such a disciplined performance over 180 minutes but other than the penalty, Luke has hardly had a save to make all night which speaks volumes against a Liverpool side with a pretty potent attacking force in Origi, Sturridge and Coutinho.

It would have been interesting if Jervis had put his chance in, Argyle were starting to build some pressure at that point and with the crowd inevitably going into overdrive it would have been a test for some of the younger and more inexperienced players in the Liverpool side.

Despite the end result it's been a great couple of weeks for Argyle. So many positives to take out of these two games and hopefully a great deal of confidence to take to Whaddon Road on Saturday.

There must have been a lot of youngsters there last night and others who might not go to the game that regularly. The biggest hope is that if there is to be a lasting legacy from these two high profile games against Liverpool is that it's opened their eyes to what going to the match is all about and that at least a percentage of them will get the bug and start going regularly. Here's hoping!

:scarf:

E

Ed east stand

Sat and listened to the game on the radio last night up here in the Highlands. Gutted you didnt get the game into extra time at least.
Terrific performance over the 2 games. I watched the highlights on TV and the place seemed packed to the rafters, you cant beat a midweek game under the floodlights!

Great to see Derek and the ex county players doing so well.
Best of lack on saturday too. Promotion is what its all about so another 3 points please.