Liverpool match day thread | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liverpool match day thread

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
monkeywrench":3ipg98ut said:
tonycholwell":3ipg98ut said:
I also agree about the real target for this season, playing wise is getting out of this league.

What should be a pleasant diversion has been the centre for division and bile of the ugliest sort. I hope after tonight "Plastic" is reserved for the seats. I hope people regain their civility to those only trying to do their job.

Right, hotel booking and ticket ready, time to head for Saltram.

COYGs

Don't hear much from you on here anymore Mr H. Hoping all is well. Enjoy the game mate.

Thank you Mr Monkey. I rarely post anywhere these days on Argyle or football, but Im still here, still green and still forever hopeful:)

Just stayed in the Duke of Cornwall for the first time in 39 years and someone still hasn't turned the heating down. Hotter than any hospital!

COYGs

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
tonycholwell":8uxtwkfp said:
monkeywrench":8uxtwkfp said:
tonycholwell":8uxtwkfp said:
I also agree about the real target for this season, playing wise is getting out of this league.

What should be a pleasant diversion has been the centre for division and bile of the ugliest sort. I hope after tonight "Plastic" is reserved for the seats. I hope people regain their civility to those only trying to do their job.

COYGs

Don't hear much from you on here anymore Mr H. Hoping all is well. Enjoy the game mate.

Thank you Mr Monkey. I rarely post anywhere these days on Argyle or football, but Im still here, still green and still forever hopeful:)

Just stayed in the Duke of Cornwall for the first time in 39 years and someone still hasn't turned the heating down. Hotter than any hospital!

COYGs

Hi Tony

Your getting quite a regular visitor now :thumbup: could not agree more regards getting out of this division and the rediculous plastic comments, can't see Tesco complaining if Sainsburys customers came to shop occasionally.

Pity I missed you at Saltram my dogs needed a run.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Ed east stand":1uoezxyy said:
Sat and listened to the game on the radio last night up here in the Highlands. Gutted you didnt get the game into extra time at least.
Terrific performance over the 2 games. I watched the highlights on TV and the place seemed packed to the rafters, you cant beat a midweek game under the floodlights!

Great to see Derek and the ex county players doing so well.
Best of lack on saturday too. Promotion is what its all about so another 3 points please.
Hi Ed,
Good to see your continued interest in DA and PAFC.
What is the story about Erik Cikos?

Is he a right wing back?

Is there any suggestion up there that he could be joining us?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
dunlop":1kjhrg6h said:
tonycholwell":1kjhrg6h said:
monkeywrench":1kjhrg6h said:
tonycholwell":1kjhrg6h said:

COYGs

COYGs

Hi Tony

Your getting quite a regular visitor now :thumbup: could not agree more regards getting out of this division and the rediculous plastic comments, can't see Tesco complaining if Sainsburys customers came to shop occasionally.

I have rather a good video of you from last night:)

E

Ed east stand

davie nine":2zv5kxn6 said:
Ed east stand":2zv5kxn6 said:
Sat and listened to the game on the radio last night up here in the Highlands. Gutted you didnt get the game into extra time at least.
Terrific performance over the 2 games. I watched the highlights on TV and the place seemed packed to the rafters, you cant beat a midweek game under the floodlights!

Best of lack on saturday too. Promotion is what its all about so another 3 points please.
Hi Ed,

Is he a right wing back?

Erik was well liked by County fans, my best bet is he wanted more first team football and to get that he had to move. Personally sorry to see him leave. Played at right back.
http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk ... ss-county/

As for joining Argyle? I saw this-could be just speculation of course.
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/f ... k-12471224

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Ed east stand":vuh54wnu said:
davie nine":vuh54wnu said:
Ed east stand":vuh54wnu said:

Hi Ed,

Is he a right wing back?

Erik was well liked by County fans, my best bet is he wanted more first team football and to get that he had to move. Personally sorry to see him leave. Played at right back.

CHEERS ED!

Jan 15, 2017
Yes there was a bloke ejected from the Lyndhurst. From what I saw he accidently pushed/fell into a steward but didn't react well when the steward had a word with him. A couple more stewards came along and he carried on the aggro. Don't think they had a lot of choice but it was all a bit daft.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Ed east stand":28m9128n said:
davie nine":28m9128n said:
Ed east stand":28m9128n said:

Hi Ed,

Is he a right wing back?

Thanks a lot, Ed. Good to have an opinion from Ross County viewpoint.

I expect you've seen that one of our summer signings, Karleigh Osborne, has joined Kilmarnock. Strange one this as he came with a good reputation, suffered an injury in pre-season and then when, supposedly, fit he couldn't get a starting place in the first team. You will probably see more of him than we did.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
tonycholwell":3ihai9hb said:
dunlop":3ihai9hb said:
monkeywrench":3ihai9hb said:

COYGs

COYGs

Hi Tony

I have rather a good video of you from last night:)

Blackmail.

Feb 15, 2005
Tonight's programme for £5 was just about a love in for Liverpool. Pages and pages about them and very little about the mighty greens. Yes fans want to know about the opposition but surely some Argyle stuff as well!!!

Aug 10, 2006
buck197":27a1zy19 said:
Tonight's programme for £5 was just about a love in for Liverpool. Pages and pages about them and very little about the mighty greens. Yes fans want to know about the opposition but surely some Argyle stuff as well!!!
agree I thought it was there programme disgusting.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
loyal1970":1dxivkqn said:
buck197":1dxivkqn said:
agree I thought it was there programme disgusting.

I thought the design of the programme was excellent, but I must admit one gets the feel that the balance of the content was a bit over weighted in favour of the opposition. Having said that, a quick count shows that 30 pages out of a total of 84 had an Argyle content/connection. The residue were made up of advertising [13] leaving the Liverpool connected content with 41 pages. Given their successful history I reckoned it was much easier to pull in back stories on Liverpool F C than Argyle, but is this an excuse? It probably did not prevent the 'proggie being sold out despite the price of £5 each. I think to call it disgusting is a tad unfair.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I agree it was heavily weighted towards Liverpool and expensive.

That said, it was an excellent design, full of readable content and as a souvenir, I'm glad I got there early enough to get one.

May 16, 2016
buck197":1n40r71f said:

Having sat and read it yesterday, I must admit to being a little underwhelmed with it. It did feel a little a bit of a 'how great are our opponents ? '. I was hoping for it to be more of an insight on us for the visitors (including any local potential new Argyle fans).

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
So that is it then, game over, out of the Cup, back to bread and butter on Saturday! :scarf:

I said to Mrs Pogle this morning, I want to put this game, ticket controversy, seating, goal music, put it all behind me, forget it all.

Well she said: Take a stroll in the garden but keep off the grass, it's slippy, dangerous and muddy.

So, I set off, shouted back to her: I'll go on the grass.

No!!! said Mrs Pogle, grabbing a tea towel and waving it in both hands above her head to attract my attention: ... No Pogle!! ........

You'll Never Walk Our Lawn!!
:coat: :doh: :coat: