Liverpool match day thread | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liverpool match day thread

Feb 17, 2012
The Muff
For me I simply wish for 2 things:

- For the players and club to do the city proud irrespective of result
- Not to pick up any more injuries!

Everything else is a bonus!

COYG

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
ChepstowGreen":2lztvy3j said:
monkeywrench":2lztvy3j said:
So they could be starting with Courtinho, Sturridge and Origi. Interesting.

Ah bring em on!! :greensmile:

Oh absolutely. Rather beat them with those players in the team!

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
Shadowknight":3bt4whts said:
pedro91":3bt4whts said:
djg145":3bt4whts said:
pedro91":3bt4whts said:
Ginsters are going to present the squad with a huge pasty before the game.
Lets hope the players don't have any of it until after the game!!!!

I will stick to my Ivor ;) :scarf:
I'd rather eat tripe and i hate tripe!!!!!

For someone that lives to point out other posters' misteaks :)) ) you should proof read your posts.
:eh:

May 16, 2016
pedro91":3dv4d9aw said:

Isn't that just a tad embarrassing ? Yes, they are our sponsors I know.

One helluva plastic wrapper though.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Guiri Green":3va30u0o said:
pedro91":3va30u0o said:

More exposure, Ginsters happy, it'll look funny, plastic wrapper will go in the bin. What's there to worry about!

Apr 26, 2016
Liverpool Team are in the Future Inn which is right next to Derriford Hospital. Sonny Bradley Welcome you to view all the wonderful sites we have to offer this afternoon
starting with A&E - abrasions due to late or mis-timed tackles - Head cuts due to competing for headers in our box. - Split ear argyle players trying to get hold of 50k earing. (Bradley)
and Yellow boots stuck up Sturridge Arse .. come on your not Messy we know who you are. Wear black adidas retro's. (yellow so uncool).

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
Bolshevik1966":35xlxq0q said:
Liverpool Team are in the Future Inn which is right next to Derriford Hospital. Sonny Bradley Welcome you to view all the wonderful sites we have to offer this afternoon
starting with A&E - abrasions due to late or mis-timed tackles - Head cuts due to competing for headers in our box. - Split ear argyle players trying to get hold of 50k earing. (Bradley)
and Yellow boots stuck up Sturridge Arse .. come on your not Messy we know who you are. Wear black adidas retro's. (yellow so uncool).

Really? Is there any need for that?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Bolshevik1966":wh13ro7q said:

The Future Inn? Hmm that's a strange choice considering the recent problems in that area. Unexploded bombs are found on an almost daily occurrence and the area shut down for hours at a time and if that's not enough they will have to navigate through the roadworks at Derriford.

May 8, 2011
PL2 3DQ":m7wuhj1o said:
Bolshevik1966":m7wuhj1o said:

The Future Inn? Hmm that's a strange choice considering the recent problems in that area. Unexploded bombs are found on an almost daily occurrence and the area shut down for hours at a time and if that's not enough they will have to navigate through the roadworks at Derriford.

It's on the Seaton Barracks site so isn't affected by the works at Derriford.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Monster Green":1v6vdke1 said:
Guiri Green":1v6vdke1 said:
pedro91":1v6vdke1 said:

More exposure, Ginsters happy, it'll look funny, plastic wrapper will go in the bin. What's there to worry about!
Can't blame Ginsters for taking the opportunity, of course, but I think GG means that a giant pasty is all a bit "carrot-cruncher" to the outside world, and if so I have to say that I agree.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Liverpool are short of cash so picked the 3 star Future Inn. :)

More seriously and more likely, they probably struggled to get enough accommodation for the whole entourage in the centre.

I know this debate has done the rounds on Pasoti before, but, Plymouth does not really have a lot of hotel availability towards the higher end of the hotel market. (Hilton, Marriott, Crowne Plaza etc).

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
HC Green":385ezffj said:
PL2 3DQ":385ezffj said:
Bolshevik1966":385ezffj said:

It's on the Seaton Barracks site so isn't affected by the works at Derriford.

The hotel is slap bang in the middle of the roadworks, I (attempt to ) drive through the area every day. But notices have gone out today that lanes will be cleared.

Aug 22, 2006
Trinity Green":3vrfxlz1 said:
For me I simply wish for 2 things:

- For the players and club to do the city proud irrespective of result
- Not to pick up any more injuries!

Everything else is a bonus!

COYG

Rightly or wrongly because of the football/tactics Derek has decided to adopt (he might be throwing a curve ball announcing it early doors) then unless we win or take the game into extra time or even lose on penalties then we won't be winning any friends I can guarantee you that. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, or unfair or whatever, it's just speaking from experience as a Greece fan. It's a calculated risk by Derek and he sees this as the best opportunity to win the game. Fine, I have absolutely no issues with it. Play to your strengths. Neutrals however want to see excitement. There is an element of excitement in terms of frustrating a team, of course there is and the more that Liverpool game went on at Anfield the more fascinating it became even for the neutral. Ultimately though and here's the thing, by Liverpool playing a young team it adds an extra element of pressure on us to attack them or a temptation to so to speak, but like I say Derek will know our strengths and limitations.

I have no doubt however that our fans and our players efforts will of course do the city proud. Lets just hope they've been watching Euro 2004 videos and that they can find their inner Theo Zagorakis!

COYG's!

green eyed monster":1amazrnf said:
Verte":1amazrnf said:
I think there were bigger games than this before. Its hyperbole to suggest otherwise.
Wembley last year...and 1986

QPR for promotion

Villa Park in 1984

To name but a few

I honestly think in the grand scheme of things this is way down the list
I would disagree. In terms of opponents faced and their standing in world football, this is about as big as it gets.

In terms of importance probably not as big as either Wembley appearance or the cup semi, but as an occasion, right up there. To put it another way, if we win, tonight's game will still be bigger than Wolves.