Luggy (who will he support?) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luggy (who will he support?)

C

Cobi Budge.

muppet hi fi":34dtr9yo said:
i hope he is supporting southend, and never ever manages the mighty greens again !!!

The manager who led us to the championship in the first place? The manager who put a lot of money in to the club coffers for the staff? The manager who we all know is Argyle through and through? :facepalm:

Luggy is a club legend.

I've just remembered Cocko will be coming down with Southend today as well, the best goal scoring defender ever :nworthy:

C

Cobi Budge.

I find it hard to support Sheridan even though I don't want him out Graiser. Very oblivious.

The reason being, I find it tough to back a man who comes across (I'm probably mistaken) as uncaring & without any passion etc etc.

I know he doesn't dance and wave on the touchline, but I'd be surprised if any fan actually enjoys having Sheridan as manager in the same way as, well, most if not all of our managers certainly since I started going to Argyle in Luggy's promotion season.

C

Cobi Budge.

So if I don't support Sheridan I'm just pretending to support Argyle? :facepalm:

John Sheridan isn't Plymouth Argyle. I can support the club without singing "Sheridan give us a wave".

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
graiser":3sc1wp9i said:
Cobi Budge.":3sc1wp9i said:
I find it hard to support Sheridan even though I don't want him out Graiser. Very oblivious.

The reason being, I find it tough to back a man who comes across (I'm probably mistaken) as uncaring & without any passion etc etc.

I know he doesn't dance and wave on the touchline, but I'd be surprised if any fan actually enjoys having Sheridan as manager in the same way as, well, most if not all of our managers certainly since I started going to Argyle in Luggy's promotion season.

Cobi You find it hard to support Sheridan ? Who is the manager of the football club you purport to support, very strange.
Over my years there's been plenty of managers I've not taken too but have supported them because they manage the team I support and when they move on I'll support the next manager
Absolutely - you support ''Argyle'' whether the manager, players, tea lady, fans, etc are quiet, noisy, introverts, extroverts or even Cornish. I've inherited staff who were quiet, unassuming, non-social but bleedy good at their job and that was fine with me.

Cobi Budge.":3sc1wp9i said:
So if I don't support Sheridan I'm just pretending to support Argyle? :facepalm:

John Sheridan isn't Plymouth Argyle. I can support the club without singing "Sheridan give us a wave".
Of course he bleedy is!!! He manages our club so he is Plymouth Argyle. So if at Wembley we win the play-offs or even the FA Cup you won't be shouting ''Sheridan give us a wave". He does things his way and if that brings success then fine with me.
Imagine Barca taking JS off our hands and the search is on for a replacement. Name some managers who would come to HP AND are Plymouth Argyle. Please don't say Luggy Mk3. Yes he is a legend as Mk1 but also a slightly poor buyer of expensive players (to our normal fees) as Mk2.

E

Ed_Blackburn

Cobi is a fickle chap who wears his heart on his sleeve. He's a stereotypical football fan who goes from ecstasy to disappear in the blink of an eye, he loves a player in the first half and their not worthy of their wage by the final whistle. I love this kind of emotion, passion and exuberance on match day, in the stadium especially where the passion helps the players and adds massively to the the atmosphere.

But. It is so incredibly frustrating and irritating when splashed all over a website that in the main is relatively conservative and objective. Too see such passion manifested in text is very hard to stomach. I really don't think such unbridled passion translates to the written conversation.

In other words; please Cobi, learn to compose your thoughts instead of assuming every reader of this message board wants a running commentary of your most personal thoughts and opinions on every facet of PAFC (and beyond) particularly during the match, whilst your attending. You may enjoy your diarrhetic outpouring, but I think it's rude to assume everyone else is interested. This is a football message board not TMZ.

Please: Think. Compose. Consider.

(I hope you enjoyed the game today, it's rather difficult to judge from your comments)

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Ed_Blackburn":1lbkui11 said:
Cobi is a fickle chap who wears his heart on his sleeve. Think. Compose. Consider.

(I hope you enjoyed the game today, it's rather difficult to judge from your comments)
Think. Compose. Consider and then go for it Cobes. Like with your bird :whistle:

Aug 15, 2008
I really wouldn't take him back Cobi. He is still a legend even after his second spell. If he returned he would risk tarnishing his record.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Somehow this has managed to turn into a "Shall we get Sheridan out?" Thread. Brilliant.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
graiser":h78vf1ic said:
Cobi Budge.":h78vf1ic said:

Cobi your missing point again, I don't doubt you support the team but you can't support one without the other FFS
Calm down Graiser beh !!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYPbyvkMMGk
Its not good for your blood pressure and we all know what happens when you get a rush of blood to your ...... :whistle:

Sep 28, 2003
London
Cobi Budge.":1lg72bgo said:
I'm not saying Shez out but this does raise the question whether I'd take Luggy back or not, tough one to be honest.

I think the main reason I would is out of nostalgia, but also the fact it'd be nice to have a manager who loves the club. As I've posted extensively elsewhere, my main problem with Sheridan actually isn't his managerial ability, it's the fact he shows no passion, hunger or desire, dissapears down the tunnel before anyone else then comes across as miserable and uncaring in every interview, there's just no connection from Sheridan-fans or visa versa. I know jumping around on the touchline isn't that important, but football is nothing without emotion.

You want to bring back Sturrock because he'll jump around on the touchline?

Clearly you don't remember his last stint, when he spent 99% of every game slouched against the side of the dugout.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Ed_Blackburn":23l74kuc said:
Cobi is a fickle chap who wears his heart on his sleeve. He's a stereotypical football fan who goes from ecstasy to disappear in the blink of an eye, he loves a player in the first half and their not worthy of their wage by the final whistle. I love this kind of emotion, passion and exuberance on match day, in the stadium especially where the passion helps the players and adds massively to the the atmosphere.

But. It is so incredibly frustrating and irritating when splashed all over a website that in the main is relatively conservative and objective. Too see such passion manifested in text is very hard to stomach. I really don't think such unbridled passion translates to the written conversation.

In other words; please Cobi, learn to compose your thoughts instead of assuming every reader of this message board wants a running commentary of your most personal thoughts and opinions on every facet of PAFC (and beyond) particularly during the match, whilst your attending. You may enjoy your diarrhetic outpouring, but I think it's rude to assume everyone else is interested. This is a football message board not TMZ.

Please: Think. Compose. Consider.

Do you realise how condescending that reads Ed?

Why shouldn't he express his views?
He talks a lot more sense than most on here.