Luggy's Book | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luggy's Book

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You are right Richard but the real disaster happened after the Japanese money was waved about.

The eyes went off the ball when the smell of Yen pervaded the Boardroom!

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Perhaps its time to forgive (we will never forget) Stapleton, he and Wrathall were joined af the hip yet Wrathall has been forgiven.

Stapleton quite rightly has taken a lot of flak in his part that started the downward spiral of our club but he was not a dictator all board members seemed to be in agreement with the decisions at the time.

Will we ever know the real facts/truth with what went on, Tony Cambell at the time was so far up Todds xxxx he is another one who seems to have been accepted back in, was it not him who was the key link with the Japanese.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Tony Campbell was owed an awful lot of money (wasn't it £200k??) by the old club and he waived his right to it to save the new club.

He's OK in my book.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
dunlop":2ks67z32 said:
Perhaps its time to forgive (we will never forget) Stapleton, he and Wrathall were joined af the hip yet Wrathall has been forgiven.

Stapleton quite rightly has taken a lot of flak in his part that started the downward spiral of our club but he was not a dictator all board members seemed to be in agreement with the decisions at the time.

Will we ever know the real facts/truth with what went on, Tony Cambell at the time was so far up Todds xxxx he is another one who seems to have been accepted back in, was it not him who was the key link with the Japanese.
PACSA lost 4 members when PS left.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
LG":22zygzo4 said:
dunlop":22zygzo4 said:

See Ian's dit above.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Mike Greening":26fs8gpb said:
LG":26fs8gpb said:
dunlop":26fs8gpb said:

See Ian's dit above.
Not too sure what dit means Mike, but Tony Cambell was never a PACSA member. I did meet Tony a few times, and found him to be a nice enough fellow 'in the real world'.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
LG":34yekdzk said:
Mike Greening":34yekdzk said:
LG":34yekdzk said:
dunlop":34yekdzk said:

See Ian's dit above.
Not too sure what dit means Mike, but Tony Cambell was never a PACSA member. I did meet Tony a few times, and found him to be a nice enough fellow 'in the real world'.

Following up on Stapleton returning not on the board just a fan.

Not anything to do with the PACSA, I'm not a particular fan of Stapleton he just seems to be the only local director who is taking all of the flak when others just as guilty have been accepted back.

I agree Cambell seems a decent sort of chap and that could be said the same of Stapleton.

I have heard Sir Roy Gardner paid £450k to pay the wage bill if that is correct should we see him in a different light.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Went earlier and so glad I did. Missed Luggy as he was late but it gave me a chance to look at the book before buying. Extra wide margins and big font equals overpriced at £18. Shame as I suspect he could have 'written' the book we all wanted to read.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
I saw Luggy today. He looked very well.
I agree that the price is more than I expected, but having read the book, I think it's a must for any Argyle fan.
It lifts the lid what happened during his 2nd spell, and I was surprised at the player who he said was his best signing.
I think a lot of people who were critical of Tony Wrathall being re-appointed to the Argyle board, will eat humble pie on reading how much he lost trying to stop Argyle going bust. He deserves a lot of praise.
There is full details if the Marcel Seip Episode, and Stapleton has his say on what went on.
Luggy says some people won't like what's in it, but he tells it all as he saw it.
What moved Dan McCauley to tears?
How was Luggy sacked by Todd?
There's a lot more.
I thoroughly recommend it. A good buy

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i have never met tony wrathall but i know he is as green blooded as any one of us.his sincerity is to be seen on greens on screens photographs (york away) where he shook hands with a coachload of supporters. :clap:

The mrs kindly took my copy in to get signed by the man himself, came home telling me how nice he is and how she enjoyed chatting with him. She mentioned her worries about our injurys in conversation and he told her he knew the feeling and that he thought we would be fine and promoted this season, all except Boxing Day that is.

She was telling me how she said "no, we'll be fine, we've got an easy period coming up now with the tough matches over and done with", very proud she was of holding her own in a conversation with a footballing genius, until that was that I told her who we were actually playing on Boxing Day and reminded her who managed them, lol.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Just read it this morning whilst sunning myself on holiday.

Meh. Quite disappointing.

Agree with others though - big praise from me to Tony Wrathall.

And to return to Argyle - is the man sane!!!