Luke at the Barn Park End | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luke at the Barn Park End

Feb 9, 2011
leisureplymouth":3oi2c8fo said:
grumps":3oi2c8fo said:
leisureplymouth":3oi2c8fo said:
I was sat in row b block 14 before the family corner.

3 or 4 times they sang muuurrrdddeerrreeerrr muuurrrdddeerrreeerrr.

The stewards did sod all to stop them or evict them as it is a serious singing attitude rather than singing songs that get the fans going.I could jumped over and got aggressive but Luke did handle it well.

you know this because :facepalm:
watch again the stewards always go in and have a word or 3

When I said the stewards did sod all, yes they went in and spoke but nobody was ejected. Theres a difference between stewards doing nothing and stewards acting slightly unreasonable for Luke's sake. Yes people were chatted to, but the stewards didn't ask in the way they do if someone takes beer into the stand. If someone gets caught with beer they are thrown out. Know that Luke had previously don't something wrong in the past and it's alright to just give them a telling off, ridiculous.

You don't even sit in that area anyway you fool and reply based on just seeing the stewards go up to fans

:facepalm:

you don't know where I sit FOOL so why say that and drinking beer in the stand is an arrestable offence if persistent obscene chanting continues fans will be removed

TBH I'm less concerned on the effect it is having on Luke and more concerned that the fans chanting have such little respect for the lives of two children who died that they need to bring it up at games as a way of taunting the opposition.

It is an odd world we live in that people think it is OK to do this.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I note there is another Luke McCormick in football as a midfielder in Chelsea's Academy. No, he is not a keeper but a mid-fielder. Quite a coincidence really.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Lewdownlee":22fkjpea said:
TBH I'm less concerned on the effect it is having on Luke and more concerned that the fans chanting have such little respect for the lives of two children who died that they need to bring it up at games as a way of taunting the opposition.

It is an odd world we live in that people think it is OK to do this.
I agree. The exact same will happen when Ched Evans finally gets a club.

People have a range of different views on both McCormick's return to the game and Evans's but whatever side of the fence you fall on, two such horrific acts and consequences cannot and should never be used as banter capital in any way. I wonder how the respective families would feel that people are using what happened to have a laugh.

Sep 28, 2003
London
The more I think about, the more I realise how repugnant it is that Luke gets the abuse he does and Tony Adams has a statue outside Arsenal, says a lot about human nature.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Andy Holland":2eef2nfl said:
The more I think about, the more I realise how repugnant it is that Luke gets the abuse he does and Tony Adams has a statue outside Arsenal, says a lot about human nature.
'There for the grace of God' are the words that come to my mind. If Adams was unluckier, he could have been McCormick. If McCormick was luckier, he could have been Adams. Both were as reckless and selfish as eachother. Both will now look back on their past selves haunted by it forever. Only one paid the price.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
GreenSam":14vc9v3f said:
Andy Holland":14vc9v3f said:
'There for the grace of God' are the words that come to my mind. If Adams was unluckier, he could have been McCormick. If McCormick was luckier, he could have been Adams. Both were as reckless and selfish as eachother. Both will now look back on their past selves haunted by it forever. Only one paid the price

If only that last sentence were true :sad: But I know what you meant Sam.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Andy Holland":aojmyvx1 said:

Both may have been irresponsible in getting behind a wheel whist in no fit state but in Tony Adams' case, the wall could be rebuilt. If LMc had merely destroyed a section of the central reservation, there would be no taunting now from opposition fans.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Lundan Cabbie":1m8wh94m said:
Andy Holland":1m8wh94m said:

Both may have been irresponsible in getting behind a wheel whist in no fit state but in Tony Adams' case, the wall could be rebuilt. If LMc had merely destroyed a section of the central reservation, there would be no taunting now from opposition fans.

Which is exactly my point.

In terms of the intent, Adams' repeated offences are, if anything, worse than Luke's. Likewise Bryan Robson.

Like Sam said, one of them got lucky and didn't kill anyone, that's the difference.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Andy Holland":8pfpip6a said:
Lundan Cabbie":8pfpip6a said:
Andy Holland":8pfpip6a said:

In terms of the intent, Adams' repeated offences are, if anything, worse than Luke's. Likewise Bryan Robson.

Like Sam said, one of them got lucky and didn't kill anyone, that's the difference.

There is no evidence that this was the only time that LMc ever drove his car whilst over the limit. We can only say for certainty that it was the only time he was caught.

Sep 28, 2003
London
That's a ridiculous thing to say.

There's no evidence you aren't wearing a lady's dress right now. I'm not saying you are, but there's no proof you aren't.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
The abuse Luke gets is related to the unfortunate consequences on that one occasion and not how often he may or may not have driven his car whilst under the influence. It trumps everything Tony Adams may have done. Adams would probably not have that statue honouring his football career with Arsenal had his drink driving offences resulted in somebody's death.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Lundan Cabbie":htkarjf8 said:
Andy Holland":htkarjf8 said:
Lundan Cabbie":htkarjf8 said:
Andy Holland":htkarjf8 said:

There is no evidence that this was the only time that LMc ever drove his car whilst over the limit. We can only say for certainty that it was the only time he was caught.

You can't put someone on trial for something he may have done in the past. Yes, the consequence was as bad as they could be but Tony Adams had been found to be drink driving once and repeated the offence with no thought to the consequences. How many times had he 'not been caught'?

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Lundan Cabbie":2z1u2syl said:
The abuse Luke gets is related to the unfortunate consequences on that one occasion and not how often he may or may not have driven his car whilst under the influence. It trumps everything Tony Adams may have done. Adams would probably not have that statue honouring his football career with Arsenal had his drink driving offences resulted in somebody's death.

As we run up to Xmas I'm having a major problem with the auction of the signed photo of Luke McC. (Now suspended but it had started) Am I being too caring or thinking too deeply. As a family who has lost a child I know that, apart from birthdays, Xmas is the next most very difficult time of the year.
Is it me?
After 2 days mulling it over and talking to other green fans I'm now going to go for the 'hard and total deletion' from the site. I know that many, if not all, will just think 'oh well' and so be it. They can censor out a joke but allow what is in my view an auction with deplorable timing. Best wishes to you all and COYGs.