Luke at the Barn Park End | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luke at the Barn Park End

C

Cobi Budge.

I don't think the Lmc auction was meant to be sinister or anything because of the timing. Maybe some more thought should have been given but the auction is completely unrelated to the event and as we all know, the money is used well.

Don't go Tiger!

Jul 29, 2010
...and they say I sit on a high horse :lol:

Get over yourself Tony. Presumably you'd rather the image was of Luke in sack cloth & ashes birching himself, still in prison maybe, or worse? It's called rehabilitation mate, everyone outside a whole life tariff is entitled to it and, to date, Luke has been the epitome of contrition and a model rehabilitated offender.

History can never be reversed, if it could i'm sure he'd do it. All that an individual in his situation can do is be the best person he can be from the point of having repaid his debt to society following due process of law. He is doing just that with how he conducts himself and most of us are respecting that.

Understanding the rule of law and the concept of rehabilitation doth not condone anything he did in the past, it just gives recognition to what kind of a man he is now and how he conducts himself going forwards. We all empathise with the family (it goes without saying but if I don't you luddites would pogo up and down claiming something that's false). But a truly empathetic individual will put him/herself in everyone's shoes, and that includes Luke's. Every adult has taken a chance with driving having consumed alcohol, and every adult with a phone has held it whilst driving, if you believe otherwise you're a bigger fool than even this stance demonstrates. There but for the grace of god go all of us.

The only problem in the rehabilitation process is when small minded individuals, devoid of universal empathy, such as you are demonstrating here, actively look for issues that don't exist and remain stuck in a moment, a moment that can never be undone but is raked up at every given opportunity.

Grow up.

Jul 29, 2010
Tell me the auction hasn't been suspended to appease this myopic guff, peerrlease? :facepalm:

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
I think XIsle and Liam have totally missed the point. It is nothing to do with McC, the event, the punishment or because he plays for us. I always voted in favour of McC's return and I'm quite content that he is ours. It is solely to do with timing. Have you ever, and I truly hope you havn't, faced Xmas with a child member of your family missing? It is absolutely heartbreaking. An awful place that is not to be visited. Had it been later then I would have no snags.
The auction was stopped way before I looked in. I accept your views are your views and thats fine.
Good result today.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Tony, I cannot imagine anything worse than losing a child, it's just not right and as I have posted on here before my wife is disabled thanks to a drunk/disqualified driver also on the M6 and not a stones throw from Lukes f88K up but you have to get over it somehow. It is not Ians fault or pasoties come to that for not knowing or remembering dates, it's not their grief, Ian has a heart the size of a house and I just can't imagine him doing this to upset anyone, he does far more than folk realise. For a good few years all I thought about was puting a crossbow bolt through the back of the drivers knees so he to would be disabled and then he might know just a little what my wife went and continues to go through,death was to easy but the trouble with that is I can't help her in prison so I had to think in a different way and get over it. So must you mate.

Aug 17, 2005
As Mike has decided to state things about his life that shows due to circumstances he is aware what devastation that drink driving can cause, I would like to add that his wife also lost her brother in the accident and two young children were in the car at the time one of whom lost his father just a few months after the passing of his wife. I do not comment on Lukes position because of those reasons but I do think how many persons that condemn him for life can put their hands on their hearts and say they have never driven the next day after drinking the previous evening or have never broken the speed limits. If you cant then your lucky not to be in the same situation as Luke.

Jul 29, 2010
Thanks Mike & Signal for sharing that, you didn't have to but it shows Luke's case isn't unique, sadly it's far from unique, it's all too common.

What is unique is the accompanying self riteousness from those who are unaffected, while those who have acute experience of the issue show the grown up path.

Sad state of affairs when a good cause is deprived of money thanks to the warped sensibilities of more intellectually immature individuals.

Wasn't going to bid, will when it re-opens.

Jun 8, 2014
I second that about Mike and signal, but I'm sorry X Isle I can't stand your tone with that post.

I'm not surprised but once again it's your disregard for things that other people say. Tony mentioned about the timing of the auction which is very true, it is an awkward time and it's always going to be a sticky situation with regards to talking about him.

Yes, the auction if for a good cause and of course you have to pick yourself up and move on with your life. Mike you have my deepest sympathy of course but people react to things in different ways. Those parents lost there two sons that day, and I'm sure every single day it will hurt - both for them and Luke - but Christmas is a special family time. Perhaps the auction could have been delayed for a bit but you've sort of missed the point.

'Intellectually immature' is just another case of you climbing back onto that now hugely overgrown horse. He has another opinion, and it's not even that different. He questioned the timing, not Luke's return or anything of the sort really. I know even you can be condescending but there's a limit and with a topic this sensitive I'd have hoped even you would have had a touch more class.

Oh and the fact you'll now bid on the auction does what? Prove your point? Very odd, and it's sad you've chosen to make an issue like this so political.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've only just seen this and my heart goes out to Tony.

However, the auction was suspended as I've offered 3 people the picture at roughy what they bid at.

Nothing more than that.

If Tony had bought that up before I run the auction, the auction would still have gone ahead.

I've auctioned many Luke things, and all the profit has gone to the Youth Academy.

This is a football website and it should be about football.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
A difficult debate. Perhaps we should agree that people will have irreconcilable differences of opinion & leave it at that. We will all have had experiences that mould who we are & what we believe.

Anyway, in relation to the start of this thread, I don't think Luke is put off when he's guarding the Barn.....

In chief, when he ignores the abuse, it eventually dies down.