Luke's double save! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luke's double save!

Aug 8, 2014
Ray_Stidwell":3uh4jxt4 said:
elburtontrev":3uh4jxt4 said:
Cobi Budge":3uh4jxt4 said:
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/plymouth-argyle/10985791/plymouth-2-0-charlton

Take a bow Luke

Showed Edwards amazing headed clearance off the line also....amazing

Yes indeed; I thought Edwards especially shone in those ( meagre) highlights; am so looking forward to seeing him & the whole team in my first opportunity this season, at Roots Hall.

The biggest compliment you can say about Edwards is that he looks like he's been Bradley partner for years, he's very solid and dependable

Oct 31, 2015
Just seen the save on 5. Yep superb. How he got his hand to the second shot god only knows!!!!!

Shm

Jan 4, 2017
World class save, I think if he was younger he would be in the premier league now!

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Akos Bubacksy":1wdgrtpn said:
I would say that 2nd save is the best I have ever seen live

Agree. It happened in a flash he did fantastically to even turn it off the post. Bravo :nworthy: :thumbs:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Truly brilliant save but for me, his best was in a 3 2 win against Swindon in the JPT at home park, last minute, point blank, even the Swindon players were congratulating him.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Just read this quote from Jake Jervis.

“Luke has set a precedent, making that save,” said Jake. “That’s kept us in the game, given everyone a boost.
That’s what Luke’s done since I’ve been here and he’ll continue to do that. He’s kept us in it and we’ve done well off the back of it.
He’s nice and calm in the changing-room as well; he gets the boys settled down if everyone’s a bit panicky or something like that. In terms of being a captain, he’s been excellent since he’s got it.
As a goalkeeper, you don’t have to question him at all; off the pitch, he’s helping all the new boys, as well.”

Call me fickle and gullible but I have to admit that, on more than one occasion, I have suggested that we should have an outfield player as captain.

However, if that is the opinion of the majority of the squad, I am prepared to accept that I was wrong. I am sure that there will be games when he makes a mistake, some blamed him for Peterborough's first goal, but he does seem to command a lot of respect and sets an example both on and off the pitch and I am happy that he will continue as captain for this season.

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
Luke looks fit and focused... not that he wasn't last season, but he looks sharper to me. I guess you should expect them all to be at this stage of the season, but there just seems to be something about Super Luke in the opening two games.

Incidentally, I'm trying not to get too excited about the Bradley-Edwards partnership... but we could be on to something here!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Aug 13, 2011
Probably as good a save by any Argyle keeper I've ever seen, bearing in mind he had to get up from the floor after a good diving save from the first attempt, that follow up was as good as in. To get a strong hand to that and ping it out off the apex was quite miraculous....

Jan 3, 2013
As good a save by any Argo keeper? I draw my pension in two weeks, have followed Argo for 56 years and have NEVER seen a better double save by anyone in any team.....if that had been say Joe Hart SKY would be banging on and on and on

Mar 14, 2009
Interesting listening to the Herald Podcast. The guy that introduces said an interesting thing about the double save.

He mentioned the second save, although brilliant, should not of had to happen. In other words I'm guessing that he thinks the parry for the first save l would imagine should have been pushed wider, and not back out in front of goal.

He did also add, that's if he was being highly critical. It's always interesting to see how other Non Argyle football fans see it.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Metal_Green_Mickey":2k4qvqt5 said:
Interesting listening to the Herald Podcast. The guy that introduces said an interesting thing about the double save.

He mentioned the second save, although brilliant, should not of had to happen. In other words I'm guessing that he thinks the parry for the first save l would imagine should have been pushed wider, and not back out in front of goal.

He did also add, that's if he was being highly critical. It's always interesting to see how other Non Argyle football fans see it.

Or maybe he meant it was offside and so the second save didn't matter.