Luke's double save! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luke's double save!

Mar 14, 2009
r4h4al":35quvmk0 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":35quvmk0 said:
Interesting listening to the Herald Podcast. The guy that introduces said an interesting thing about the double save.

He mentioned the second save, although brilliant, should not of had to happen. In other words I'm guessing that he thinks the parry for the first save l would imagine should have been pushed wider, and not back out in front of goal.

He did also add, that's if he was being highly critical. It's always interesting to see how other Non Argyle football fans see it.

Or maybe he meant it was offside and so the second save didn't matter.

I don't think anyone has even suggested it was a possible offside. Even those sitting near the incident.

To be honest although Luke did have a good game it was Edwards, when clearing off the line, who bailed him out later from his either mis-hit or missed punched clearance. Then he left himself out of position. Had Edwards not positioned himself brilliantly and made himself aware of danger l don't think McCormick's double save would be the thing people were talking about from the weekend.

It's fine margins, being a goalkeeper.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
And SKY would have every right, what with Hart being still vastly overrated, all talk and plain parsnips that guy. Very glad to see him drag that cursed club down.

Adams' assessment was spot on, great moment, (only a) good performance.

Not to say Luke isn't as good as our lot could hope to get for the lower leagues.

Most impressed with Edwards, to add.

Sep 18, 2010
Poor first save and if the follow up shot had gone in Luke would have been disappointed he had not pushed it away from danger or out for a corner.

Agree excellent reactions for the second but simply shouldn't have had to make it; so not great goalkeeping to be honest when it is put into context.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
This save shows that the training drill that keepers do where they get up quick and make themselves big over and over again, pays off now and then. In the same programme on Saturday night, Fleetwood's GK did much the same with a triple save. God bless their dedication.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Luke's save reminded me of Jim Montgomery's save for Sunderland in the cup final many years ago.

Feb 2, 2007
Lundan Cabbie":1rylijki said:
This save shows that the training drill that keepers do where they get up quick and make themselves big over and over again, pays off now and then. In the same programme on Saturday night, Fleetwood's GK did much the same with a triple save. God bless their dedication.

Subjective of course but the third effort in that excellent effort was straight at the keeper who knew nothing of it as it bounced off him. It would have been harder for the keeper to avoid it than "save" (stop) it and it was a pathetic and incredible Miss!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
davie nine":30w93tzq said:
Just read this quote from Jake Jervis.

“Luke has set a precedent, making that save,” said Jake. “That’s kept us in the game, given everyone a boost.
That’s what Luke’s done since I’ve been here and he’ll continue to do that. He’s kept us in it and we’ve done well off the back of it.
He’s nice and calm in the changing-room as well; he gets the boys settled down if everyone’s a bit panicky or something like that. In terms of being a captain, he’s been excellent since he’s got it.
As a goalkeeper, you don’t have to question him at all; off the pitch, he’s helping all the new boys, as well.”

Call me fickle and gullible but I have to admit that, on more than one occasion, I have suggested that we should have an outfield player as captain.

However, if that is the opinion of the majority of the squad, I am prepared to accept that I was wrong. I am sure that there will be games when he makes a mistake, some blamed him for Peterborough's first goal, but he does seem to command a lot of respect and sets an example both on and off the pitch and I am happy that he will continue as captain for this season.
What a brilliantly honest post. I wish we would see more like this from those who lambast the team when they lose but never appear when we win. It would have been easy for you to just let the post go without comment. I think what Jake's statement proves is that even with the 24/7 media scrutiny of football at pro level, there are still some things that we are not fully informed upon. I agreed with your preference for an outfield player as captain but clearly there is more to it than 90 minutes on the field.